Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Luxie: Thank you for making our thread so gorgeous! I love the decorations.

Hey! I just realized we never had a party in here for Dan's birthday. We should throw a little bash in here in Dan's honor. I'll bring the music and some decorations.

Yummy!
Love
Snow
POD #26
"Where are you going?"
"To hell if I don't change my ways!"
Old 07-26-2004, 01:42 AM
Addicted Fan

L u x i e - oh yeah, that pic with the eyes is a keeper for sure. I have it printed out and on the wall next to my bed, everytime I wake up he's there looking at me.

Btw, I saw PoA at the IMAX yesterday - Dan is just the most beautiful boy ever and his eyes are stunning. I also noticed a little something in a scene that I didn't notice before (I'm gonna copy and paste it from my LJ 'cause I'm too lazy to write it out again)

When Snape (and later Lupin) found Harry with the Marauders Map - Lupin and Harry went back to Lupins office, as Harry walked in he was running his left (I think) hand across each of the desks on the way - he was also walking slowy and looking at his feet (as you would be if you were in trouble and about to be told off). Also when he stopped to tell Lupin about seeing Peter Pettigrew on the map, his left hand was playing with the desk next to him again. Only a small thing but a really nice touch, I thought. Some very subtle acting from Daniel too.

For some reason I really love that moment - it just seemed like agreat little touch. Sometimes Alfonso's (I'm assuming Dan was directed to do it and didn't just do it) attention to detail amazed me.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just Tracy I totally agree. It's the subtle moments that captivated me with this film. Dan is becoming a real natural actor now. Before he was rather stiff and would only move his head when being spoken to in a scene. Now he's got the body language down so that its so much easier to read his character's emotions. I've been told that theatre actors really have to tone down their gestures and movements when doing film. You can communicate the same emotions with a simple facial expression or just the way you stand. It's really interesting to see the difference.

Another awesome moment in POA that is great to watch is the boggart scene when Ron has just transformed his spider. As he walks back to the end of the line Rupert and Dan slap each others hand. Sort of a high five between best friends. It's quick and easy and it shows that their connection is different from the rest of the kids. Such a cool moment.

I love Alfonso.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat

Another awesome moment in POA that is great to watch is the boggart scene when Ron has just transformed his spider. As he walks back to the end of the line Rupert and Dan slap each others hand. Sort of a high five between best friends. It's quick and easy and it shows that their connection is different from the rest of the kids. Such a cool moment.
Oh, dude, how did I not notice that! I'll have to look for it next time..

I also liked the bit when Ron and Hermione are arguing about Scabbers and Crookshanks - Harry's walking behind them and as they walk through the courtyard he passes two students, as he walks past them he gives them a smile like "Yep, they're arguing again". I can't remember if that's been mentioned yet.

Yep, I love Alfonso too.

I also agree with you stage actor/film actor comments - so true.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

ummm I feel a little silly posting this but..

ME TOO Tracy! I adore that courtyard scene. Dan really got that scene just right. He even looks back as they continue to argue and you can totally read the exhaustion on his face. I think this is where part of this continuing scene was cut. We may get to see even more on the DVD where he turns on the two and tells them to stop fighting. EEEk cait wait.

Okay now that I'm here and thinking about it more... What about the line when he gets knocked off his feet when the Knight Bus comes, when Stan asks him "Wha you fell over for?" And Harry retorts "I didn't do it on purpose!" I can't really explain it but I love how he says that line. Maybe its the inflex and tone in his voice but he says it so well with such spite.

I have loads of these little gems. I could go on and on forever. But you all would probably be so bored.

ETA: FF is super slow today, I wonder what's up.

Last edited by baileycat; 07-26-2004 at 11:32 AM
Old 07-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat

ME TOO Tracy! I adore that courtyard scene. Dan really got that scene just right. He even looks back as they continue to argue and you can totally read the exhaustion on his face. I think this is where part of this continuing scene was cut. We may get to see even more on the DVD where he turns on the two and tells them to stop fighting. EEEk cait wait.
Ooh, I hope we get to see more of that on DVD! Fingers crossed for a great DVD. I heard somewhere (I don't remember where) that Alfonso loves DVD's so maybe we'll get loads of stuff. And less kiddie stuff like on the first two.

Quote:
Okay now that I'm here and thinking about it more... What about the line when he gets knocked off his feet when the Knight Bus comes, when Stan asks him "Wha you fell over for?" And Harry retorts "I didn't do it on purpose!" I can't really explain it but I love how he says that line. Maybe its the inflex and tone in his voice but he says it so well with such spite.
Oh, I agree! I love that part! I loved it in the book so I was glad they kept it in, but, I agree, Dan did deliver the line well. This isn't Dan related but I love the way Stan gives the whole "Welcome to the Knight Bus.." speech. The actor totally nailed that one - the casting for Stan was perfect, imho.

Quote:
I have loads of these little gems. I could go on and on forever. But you all would probably be so bored.
Oh no, feel free to go on forever!
Old 07-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Just giving you this:

Daniel - Fall in love art
Enjoy^^
Old 07-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Loyal Fan

@Tracy quote:
When Snape (and later Lupin) found Harry with the Marauders Map - Lupin and Harry went back to Lupins office, as Harry walked in he was running his left (I think) hand across each of the desks on the way - he was also walking slowy and looking at his feet (as you would be if you were in trouble and about to be told off). Also when he stopped to tell Lupin about seeing Peter Pettigrew on the map, his left hand was playing with the desk next to him again. Only a small thing but a really nice touch, I thought. Some very subtle acting from Daniel too.

For some reason I really love that moment - it just seemed like agreat little touch. Sometimes Alfonso's (I'm assuming Dan was directed to do it and didn't just do it) attention to detail amazed me.
----
omg, I thought I was the only one. Who really like that part of movie. Where Daniel/Harry got "caught by Snape" and he going to get scowl by Lupin. I thought from that scene was billiant and Daniel is just perfect how he walk/act and how he react when Lupin tell him, that "your parent rish your life to save yours" and "what you did is unexcuseable!!" I almost cry..when Daniel, putting his head down like "he is eleven year old again, and getting his punichment" I feel so sooory for him..but at sametime. So sexy,..the way he said " Yes, sir" to Lupin. He walking about of that door...(I can't get my eyes off him...or his pj for that matter!!)

@bailycat: yes,...I remember that part from DADA,..where Ron gave Harry that HIGH FIVE. I thought that was so cool..

yes,..I love Al. I wish he can come back and direct OoTP... but if?..Daniel is in it too...(and I know he will)
Old 07-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Tracy
Oh no, feel free to go on forever!
Ha! Are you going to regret saying that!

Okay, here's two more...

How about the time when Harry stomps down the stairs at the Dursleys. And just as he's about to leave his uncle Vernon confronts him about getting in to trouble for using magic outside of school. So Harry whips out his wand, and very defiantly says "Yeah? Try me." It was this scene in combination with his mini trantrum in the kitchen that made me sit up and take notice. This was when I first realised that Dan's acting was different. Better. I think it was because I saw the real Harry for the first time here. Not just the super-kid, beat all the odds with a smile on your face hero. He was gone. And instead replaced with someone I could relate to. Someone who had layers.

And the other..

Well this one's purely for the smutty at heart.

When Harry approached Buckbeak and he finally gets close enough to touch him. Dan lets out this slow, throaty "uhhuh" that quite frankly, gives me very dirty thoughts! I love it! I thank Dan for uttering it and I want to french kiss the sound editor for increasing the volume of it ever so slightly so that we hear it in all it's wonderous glory. err...I mean... ah hell.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yep, the part when Harry's throwing his mini-tantrum was great. His voice and the emotions. <3 The fact that he looked smokin' also helps.

Quote:
Well this one's purely for the smutty at heart.

When Harry approached Buckbeak and he finally gets close enough to touch him. Dan lets out this slow, throaty "uhhuh" that quite frankly, gives me very dirty thoughts! I love it! I thank Dan for uttering it and I want to french kiss the sound editor for increasing the volume of it ever so slightly so that we hear it in all it's wonderous glory. err...I mean... ah hell.
Ah! I totally didn't notice that, but now I must go watch it again and look for it! Except I'm going to imagine that Harry's touching Draco instead of Buckbeak...

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 07-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG! All these little things about Dan are making me want to go see the movie again. And I promised myself I was going to wait!

One of my favorite Dan moments is right after he and Lupin practice with the boggarts and they are sitting and talking. When he's talking about what he was thinking about and he kind of turns his head and says "And Mum." It is so adorable the way he does that. He just looks so innocent and at peace with the way he says it. So cute.

I'm sure I could think of about 100 others.
Love
Snow
POD #26
"Where are you going?"
"To hell if I don't change my ways!"
Old 07-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Hello, I usually lurk here, but all this sharing of favorite Dan acting moments has me wanting to give one of mine. After "time-traveling" Harry casts the Patronus Charm, there's this sad look on his face. To me, it's the sad realization that he didn't see his father. The look was heart-breaking. Poor Harry, he was so hoping he had seen his father.

Oh, while I'm here, thank you for the pics.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Daniel should have Oscar!!...

he deserved it..from this movie. His acting and his die-hard-solid-intense-performing..ROCKS..

@Baileycat quote:
How about the time when Harry stomps down the stairs at the Dursleys. And just as he's about to leave his uncle Vernon confronts him about getting in to trouble for using magic outside of school. So Harry whips out his wand, and very defiantly says "Yeah? Try me." It was this scene in combination with his mini trantrum in the kitchen that made me sit up and take notice. This was when I first realised that Dan's acting was different. Better. I think it was because I saw the real Harry for the first time here. Not just the super-kid, beat all the odds with a smile on your face hero. He was gone. And instead replaced with someone I could relate to. Someone who had layers.
-----
yes,..When Daniel that angst-ling "Yeah,..try me!!" I got chill down my back...and when he storm out of that house. I wish I could run w/him...

@Snow White quote:
One of my favorite Dan moments is right after he and Lupin practice with the boggarts and they are sitting and talking. When he's talking about what he was thinking about and he kind of turns his head and says "And Mum." It is so adorable the way he does that. He just looks so innocent and at peace with the way he says it. So cute.
----
yes,...I love that part too,...when Dan said that.."and mum" it so emotional...and the way he fainted after he did that spell and he was laying like that and he said "that is one nasty dementor or boggart..(forgot) but I love sound of how he said that word "Nasty"...I just want to jump to IMAX screen,...and hug him.
the way he dress..he look sooo deligious handsome w/that sweater wide open showing his muscle chest...(or I am thinking different scene..) the way he lead on that wall..he struggle little little bit there. Ahhhhh...!!
Old 07-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

Welcome, Time Cannot Erase! 3 hands old - I like that! I'll just pop you on the list now.
Thanks!
Old 07-27-2004, 03:35 AM
Addicted Fan

k, while we're talking about little moments, I love the bit suring the scene when Lupin's teaching Harry the "expecto patronum" spell, when Harry faints when he gets up he stumbles back against the wall, then once he's managed to do the spell he stumbles back against the wall again.

I don't know why but for some reason I love that - the acting of it seems so real.

baileycat - I agree with the semi-tantrum bit you noticed but I also love the bit before when he storms into his room, slams the door and kicks the desk (or set or drawers?). I thought that was a really good bit of acting and so realistic - so teenage boy.

I also thought that Dan had completely nailed the sarcasm that Harry has in this movie. Harry's always had this kinda subtle sarcasm about him - which Dan didn't really bring to the role in the previous two movies. He definitely bought it to this movie - and did it very well. One of my favourite lines is:

Quote:
"Poor Professor Lupin's having a really tough night."
I just love the sarcasm he has there, and the bit after the Qudditch:

Quote:
Hermione: How are you feeling?
Harry: Brilliant
I can't remember if that's the correct liine but it's something like that. And:

Quote:
Harry: What happened?
Ron/Fred/George (I can't remember who said it): You fell off your broom.
Harry: Really?
His sarcasm is so great in this movie There are loads of other moments but I can't think of them right now.

It's amazing the difference a couple of years and a new director can make.

I'd also love for Alfonso to come back one day - but only if he wants to.