Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2016, 01:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
In addition to the unlocked image of Gilderoy Lockhart unveiled through Bloomsbury's social media this week, several new photos from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets illustrated edition were released online, including the first look at Dobby the house-elf and Aragog, all drawn by Jim Kay.

Kay revealed that author J.K. Rowling was reading the illustrated edition of the first Harry Potter book, Philosopher's Stone (released last year) to her youngest child, Mackenzie Murray, as an introduction into the Wizarding World she created.

Jim Kay (as told to Event Magazine): ‘She really likes it. She said she was reading it with her youngest child, who is of the right age now to start the Harry Potter journey, so Jo is using the book with my illustrations, I believe. I can’t think of a better compliment.’

Kay: ‘Dobby the house elf is a difficult one, because he is very popular. He is more comprehensively described in the book than most characters. His eyes are supposed to be the size of tennis balls but the moment you do that it gets very Disneyesque. I made a model out of plasticine and positioned him. This image was my fourth attempt.’

Kay: ‘I love drawing Hagrid. I was looking at the eyes of alcoholics. These belong to Winston Churchill, who had wonderful eyes: slightly yellowing. He has the nose of a guy I saw in Kettering and the mouth of somebody else. Originally he looked too much like the comedian Mel Smith. His outfits are inspired by an old guy I saw wearing a heavy metal T-shirt.’

Kay: ‘That’s a drawing of my niece Milly, who is absolutely perfect for Hermione because of her character. She’s very bright. She occasionally loses her temper with me. So she’s Hermione. I chose to portray the characters with semi-realism, which is really hard. If you put a line out of place with children you age them.’

Kay: ‘I was instantly reminded of Shelob, the spider in Lord Of The Rings. The description of Aragog sounds very like her. I love spiders. They’re beautiful. We’ve got an amazing array of spiders in our house. They just live there but I do occasionally encourage them by feeding them. You should welcome spiders into your home. Were it not for the spiders we’d have God knows what else to deal with.;
'Chamber of Secrets' illustrated edition's new Dobby, Hermione, more photos released - SnitchSeeker.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I finally caved and bought Illustrated Edition of 1 & 2.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Good purchase.

Quote:

Hogwarts Library, hardcover available March 14, 2017
Inside readers will find books treasured by users of the great library at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Newt Scamander's master work on magical creatures; Quidditch Through the Ages, a comprehensive history of the game and its rules; and The Tales of Beedle the Bard, with an introduction and illustrations by J.K. Rowling and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore. This boxed set is an essential addition to the collection of any Harry Potter fan, and a beautiful gift to cherish.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, hardcover available March 14, 2017
A copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them resides in almost every wizarding household in the country. Now Muggles too have the chance to discover where the Quintaped lives, what the Puffskein eats, and why it is best not to leave milk out for a Knarl.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, hardcover available March 14, 2017
The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a wizarding classic, first came to Muggle readers' attention in the book known as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Now, thanks to Hermione Granger's new translation from the ancient runes, we present this stunning edition with an introduction, notes, and illustrations by J.K. Rowling, and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore.

Quidditch Through the Ages, hardcover available March 14, 2017
If you have ever asked yourself where the Golden Snitch came from, how the Bludgers came into existence, or why the Wigtown Wanderers have pictures of meat cleavers on their robes, you need Quidditch Through the Ages. This invaluable volume is consulted by young Quidditch fans on an almost daily basis.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, ebook available March 14, 2017
This is the 2017 edition of Pottermore’s Hogwarts Library ebook, featuring bespoke cover artwork from Olly Moss and a new foreword from J.K. Rowling.
Photos: Harry Potter 'Hogwarts Library' 2017 editions with 'Fantastic Beasts' covers released - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 09-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
The third wave of Funko's Harry Potter POP! Vinyl action figures look to be focused on the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix film, as shown by the preview shots below.

The latest Funko toys, of which there is no current release or purchase date, including Bellatrix Lestrange (a Hot Topic exclusive), Harry with the prophecy, Dolores Umbridge, Lucius Malfoy, George Weasley, Mad-Eye Moody and Minerva McGonagall.

Photos: Harry Potter newest Funko POP figures first look at Bellatrix, Lucius, Umbridge, more - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 10-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I need all of those!
Old 10-05-2016, 12:14 AM
Moderator Manager

'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' illustrated edition set for October 2017 - SnitchSeeker.com

Harry Potter film series returning to IMAX theaters in U.S. from October 13-20, 2016 - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 10-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

That came out yesterday...I need to pick that up!
Old 10-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
In addition to the first group of character figures announced last week. Funko officially unveiled the third wave of their Harry Potter Funko POP! Vinyl figures, set for release later this October. Do note that some of the toys are exclusive to retailers Hot Topic and Target, as stated before.

The additional characters include: Fred Weasley with Skiving Snackbox; Harry Potter and Ron Weasley in their Christmas sweaters; Lucius Malfoy in his Death Eater mask; Bellatrix Lestrange in her Death Eater outfit; and Harry holding Hedwig.
'

Photos: Harry Potter new wave of Funko POP! figures include Death Eaters Lucius & Bellatrix - SnitchSeeker.com

^ The Lucius Malfoy Pop is pretty badass.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

5 films!!!!!

Old 10-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Chris Columbus, the director of the first two films Harry Potter films that brought the series together, recently revealed a few tidbits about the first movie, Sorcerer's Stone, how he and J.K. Rowling met for the first time before he got the job, and his hope that Peeves' deleted scene (who had a over-sized head and looked like a leprechaun) will one day be released for the world to see.

To listen to Columbus' interview, skip over to about 30 minutes into the podcast below. The late actor and comedian Rik Mayall was cast as Peeves for the first movie and did shoot the scene, even though it has yet to be made public.

Chris Columbus: “We needed to cut something because the film was close to three hours. He was going to be a completely CGI character and that saved us a considerable amount of money, but also created a considerable amount of heartbreak.”

“The footage exists so there’s the potential that someday we could put it back together if people really were that interested.”

Columbus mentioned that he regrets not keeping the one of the challenges for Harry, Ron and Hermione at the end of the first book, where Hermione figures Snape's potions out to move on to find the Sorcerer's Stone. It was in the original script, but cut from the final shooting script written by Steven Kloves. Both Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets took about 160 days to shoot.

The director, who did not helm the third movie, Prisoner of Azkaban, but stayed on as a producer, commented on how he envisioned bringing Hagrid to life, and felt that Gamekeeper should have been much bigger on screen.

Columbus: “I always thought Hagrid should be a little bigger. Believe it or not, we didn’t have the resources or the money to actually create a CGI version of Hagrid for the first couple of films, so we had a rugby player in a gigantic Hagrid suit who worked in the wide shots for us. He was actually walking there with the kids, and then we did forced perspective sets for Robbie (Coltrane) and created an image of Robbie being much bigger than he was, but I always thought Hagrid should be about two feet taller and about 100 pounds heavier.”

Columbus admitted to having read the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child script book, but hasn't seen the plays yet. He, like so many Harry Potter fans, would love to know what happened in the 19-year interval between the Deathly Hallows epilogue, and Cursed Child's start - and he would love to take that on, possibly, if J.K. Rowling considers venturing into Harry, Ron and Hermione's lives as young adults post Hogwarts Battle.
Harry Potter director Chris Columbus teases unseen Peeves scene could surface, more - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 10-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 10-18-2016, 10:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Bloomsbury revealed the new UK covers of J.K. Rowling's The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Quidditch Through the Ages, featuring new art by Jonny Duddle, and set for release on January 12, 2017.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard's cover features The Wizard and the Hopping Pot, while Quidditch Through the Ages highlights Seeker Roderick Plumpton, who caught the Snitch in three and a half seconds in 1921. Those can be found here.

For those wondering - the third book in the Hogwarts Library, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, will release next March separately and as a newly designed version, which will include a new forward from Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling.

Bloomsbury Publishing is excited to reveal new covers for The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Quidditch Through the Ages. Illustrated by Harry Potter cover artist Jonny Duddle, the jackets show new images from both books. The front cover of The Tales of Beedle the Bard shows the wizard being chased by the hopping pot, and the front cover of Quidditch Through the Ages features Roderick Plumpton who famously caught the Golden Snitch within three and a half seconds in 1921. Both new editions are published on 12th January 2017 in hardback and paperback formats.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Quidditch Through the Ages are based on Harry's school textbooks from the Harry Potter series, and were written by J.K. Rowling in aid of charity: Quidditch Through the Ages in aid of Comic Relief, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard in aid of J.K. Rowling’s children’s charity Lumos.
Photos: Quidditch Through the Ages, Beedle the Bard new UK covers released, out on Jan. 12 - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 10-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

WHAAAAAT?!?!
Old 11-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Moderator Manager

J.K. Rowling's second hand-written The Tales of Beedle the Bard auctioning for Lumos - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 12-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a very expensive auction but it will be interesting to see. Has it been sold yet?