Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Passionate Fan

I will try to post on this board at least once a day.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Thank you, that means a lot to us!

Quote:
Still don't know if you would like to purchase the special, limited editon of Harry Potter: Page to Screen that's currently retailing for $1000 - $600 on Amazon? Do you wish you could get a better look at it before making the hefty investment?

Well never fear - MuggleNet's got you covered! Our friend Cory over at The Daily Prophet has just shared with us a vast collection of photos that reveal nearly every aspect of the book, showing that it is just as beautiful and comprehensive as the promos from Warner Brothers have suggested. These images show the movie-makers have delved possibly deeper than ever before to make this book, featuring never-before-seen concept art, cast photos, and hidden props from the films.

You can see all of the images The Daily Prophet collected right here in their Facebook gallery.

As we have previously reported, the limited edition of Harry Potter: Page to Screen - while pricey - is an extremely cool collection for any Harry Potter fan that includes "its own cloth-covered shelf (as if from a shop in Diagon Alley), a gilded portfolio of five frame-able prints, a replica of The Monster Book of Monsters, and eight gorgeous books chronicling the making of the Harry Potter films, from creatures and costumes to casting and set locations."

Do these new photos entice you to buy this limited edition of Harry Potter: Page to Screen? If so, we recommend you purchase on Amazon, where you can get a 40% discount.
Unsure if you want to buy WB's limited edition of 'Harry Potter: Page to Screen'? Take a look inside! | MuggleNet

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Moderator Manager

I like Adrian's the most but Brendan's kick ass!

Quote:
Several Harry Potter actors contributed pieces of art for the 2013 National Doodle Day, proceeds for which go to benefit the Epilepsy Action charity organisation. Previews of the doodles from Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), John Hurt (Ollivander), Adrian Rawlins (James Potter), Fiona Shaw (Petunia Dursley), Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody), Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley), Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood), and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire original score composer Patrick Doyle can be found below. The doodle auction will take place, via eBay, on February 8, 2013.
Harry Potter actors donate art to charity for 2013 National Doodle Day - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

National Doodle Day, a fundraising event which supports the work of Epilepsy Action, is auctioning several doodles from Harry Potter actors to raise money for the charity. Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood), Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody), John Hurt (Ollivander), Adrian Rawlins (James Potter), Fiona Shaw (Mrs. Dursley), Mark Williams (Mr. Weasley), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), and composer Patrick Doyle ("Goblet of Fire" soundtrack) have each donated a doodle and you can see their doodles at this link:
Celebrity Gallery - National Doodle Day - Friday 8 February 2013
Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
The Warner Bros official shop announced today that less than 30 copies of the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection DVD/BD sets are left in their stock forever. This does not mean that there are only 30 copies left that can be purchased of the original 63,000 sets available around the world, but those being sold by Warner Bros' online shop - the set can be bought at other online venues like Amazon, as well.

Even still, Warner Bros' announcement presumes that a large percentage of the sets have been sold. Warner Home Video’s EVP and GM of theatrical catalog Jeff Baker revealed last year that once all of the copies of the Wizard's Collection are sold, Warner Bros will begin selling a "less robust, more cost-effective version" set of the eight-film Harry Potter series.

Order the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection at the Warner Bros Shop, on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk (region-free) before they run out.
Harry Potter Wizard's Collection (BD)(DVD)(DIGITAL COPY) | WBshop.com | Warner Bros.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow....
Old 02-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Several new shots of the JR Yumesaki Line in Osaka train, featuring promotional shots of Harry, Ron, and Hermione for the 2014 opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Japan have been released online. Initially, when announced, the first promo only featured an image of Harry circa Half-Blood Prince, but new images show Ron and Hermione from production of the sixth film of the series.
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...ermione-92517/

Old 02-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
The complete and utter timelessness of the Harry Potter books is certainly a well-known fact among Potter aficionados. A fact that was recently proven by The Guardian’s Top 10 Children’s Books 2013, in which two of the series’ books were included.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (#2) and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (#7), originally published nearly 15 and 14 years ago, respectively, were included in the ranking which were awarded according to the votes of “students from nearly 2,000 UK schools”.

In the number one position was Rachel Caine’s Glass House. Also on the list were Alex Rider: Crocodile Tears (#4), by Anthony Horowitz, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (#6), by Jeff Kinney.

This is yet another great example of the enduring story and themes the Potter books carry with them, and it is great to see that children are still experiencing the magic of the series as so many of us did years ago.
Top 10 children’s books 2013 | Children's books | guardian.co.uk

Old 02-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
According to a new article in Publisher's Weekly, Scholastic has hired artist Kazu Kibuishi, creator of the bestselling graphic novel series Amulet, to design and create a new paperback cover for each of the Harry Potter books in celebration of 15-years since the American release of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Scholastic's Ellie Berger stated, “We’re incredibly fond of Kazu’s work. His passion for this world is incredible, so he seemed like the perfect person.”

Kazu was not in favor of doing the revised cover but decided that if someone was going to do it anyway, it might as well be his honor. Kazu stated that he started thinking about the Harry Potter books "as if I was looking back at them from the future. I wanted to pay tribute to the series itself and to classic literature. I wanted to take those two things and fuse them together. In a way, the first Harry Potter cover should feel like Dickens."

Kazu's challenge was a lot easier than the original artwork created by artist Mary GrandPre because Kazu has the finished series to work with, whereas Miss GrandPre was creating her art as the series came out.

Fans of the American version of the Harry Potter series have a sincere passion for Mary GrandPre's original artwork, so how will this new series of paperback book cover's be accepted by the fans?
A New Look for Harry Potter

Click here for the enlarged version.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

New editions available August 27th!
Quote:
In honor of the fifteenth anniversary of the release of Sorcerer's Stone, Scholastic is releasing all new covers of the entire series, illustrated by Kazu Kibuishi. These special edition covers will be available to own on August 27th.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Looking to own that rare piece of magic that was in the Harry Potter films? Well, the time is here!

According to the Telegraph this rare prop will be up for grabs at the London Antiquarian Book Fair:

Harry Potter fans will love this prop from the first film; an envelope containing an invitation to attend Hogwarts school, sealed with wax. Admittedly, there's a few of these missives about – the film features a scene in which the boy wizard is besieged with them – but most only had printed seals, so they could "fly" around the room more easily. It's yours for 3,750 GBP from Adrian Harrington.
Treasures up for grabs at the London Antiquarian Book Fair - Telegraph

Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
This past weekend, MuggleNet and five other Potter fan sites teamed up to bring you one section of a full poster to reveal what was coming up next for the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: The Making of Harry Potter. When all of the pieces were placed together, you were shown this image. Now we can reveal what the WB Studio Tour has planned.

From Monday 18th March to Sunday 14th April, the WB Studio Tour will be celebrating their first anniversary with a series of surprises for visitors.

Great giveaways and extra experiences will take place at the attraction over the four weeks and tickets are still available at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.

The Studio Tour, one year on:

◦The first person to visit the Studio Tour was a four-year-old boy named Harry and the millionth visitor was a nine-year-old boy from the appropriately-named town of Dudley.
◦The longest distance travelled to the Studio Tour by a visitor to date is over 11,000 miles. This particular person came all the way from New Zealand.
◦The longest time a visitor has spent in one day at the attraction so far is 10 hours.
◦Over 20 members of the Studio Tour staff worked on the Harry Potter film series as costume makers, extras, chaperones and/or members of the tech and catering teams.
◦The Great Hall doors have opened more than 14,000 times since the Studio Tour began, and each group of visitors has been greeted with the words “Welcome to Hogwarts!”
◦The number of wands sold by Warner Bros. Studio Tour London since opening would, if stacked end to end, be taller than 7,000 triple-decker Knight Buses.
Secrets Will Be Revealed at the WB Studio Tour One Year Anniversary Celebration | MuggleNet

Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Press Release: Pottermore extends into Social Gaming Platform Playstation Home | MuggleNet

Old 03-29-2013, 04:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Actor Richard Griffiths, who starred in the Harry Potter movies and Withnail and I, has died at the age of 65 after complications following heart surgery.

Griffiths enjoyed a long career of success on film and on TV, but also on the stage where he was a Tony-winning character actor.

He was best known for playing Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter films and Uncle Monty in Withnail and I.

TV roles included playing a cookery-loving detective in Pie in the Sky.

And on stage, his most acclaimed performance was as the charismatic teacher Hector in Alan Bennett's The History Boys, a role he recreated in the 2006 film version.

He was appointed an OBE in the 2008 New Year Honours.
BBC News - Harry Potter actor Richard Griffiths dies

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top