Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Addicted Fan

The Daily Mirror - HP News #6

Here we go... again

Old news...

Make sure you check out all the cool pics that people posted links for in the old thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by artist
PoA DVD Launch Photos Tomorrow!

Go here to check out a whole lotta photos to keep you patient.
Quote:
Originally posted by artist
Holy Cricket! The PoA DVD Release Party already started! Where are you guys?!?! PHOTOS!

GO NOW!

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 11-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Addicted Fan

From About.com

Quote:
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is Falling Into Place

With screenwriter Michael Goldenberg now in place, Warner Bros. is close to signing on a director for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." According to Variety, the WB is within days of confirming David Yates as the "Order of the Phoenix" director.

David Yates is better known for his work on TV than his movies. In fact, his only feature film directorial credit is for 1998's "The Tichborne Claimant" starring Robert Pugh and John Gielgud. It was his work on the television dramas "The Way We Live Now" and "State of Play" that caught the attention of the "Harry Potter" powers that be.

In addition to "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," Yates is attached to direct Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany in "Brideshead Revisited."

Production on "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is scheduled to start in late 2005.
Also, a DVD Review from BBC

Quote:
DVD review: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
By William Gallagher
BBC News

This third Harry Potter film brought a change of director and a dramatic visual shake-up that really shines on DVD.

Gone are the warm, bright colours found in the two earlier films, Alfonso Cuaron brings in a bleak and cold feel that is simply gorgeous - and looks even better here than in the cinema.

It is all part of the progression of Harry's story into darker areas, but you'll spend time just marvelling at the beautiful Hogwarts landscape.

What do you think of the DVD? Tell us

This is the first Potter film where you get so lost in the screen adaptation that you forget the book.

It is the third year at Hogwarts and studies are interrupted, as they always are, by a calamity that only Harry, Ron and Hermione can put right.

Deleted scenes

It sounds corny. But Harry is no longer the winsome hero, he is a moody teenager and Daniel Radcliffe pulls it off very well.

Emma Watson is ever better as Hermione, and the young stars are joined by the usual myriad famous actors including Gary Oldman and Emma Thompson.

The film itself is the reason to buy this DVD. But it is laden with behind-the-scenes extras, including funny, if shallow, interviews with all the main cast.

But what seems like a long list of features can be swiftly whittled down to the few that you are going to watch.

Younger viewers will go for the games which include a Magic You May Have Missed memory test, and Crookshanks chasing off after Scabbers.

Adult viewers will ignore those and go straight to the deleted scenes.

You will understand why they were deleted but it is fun to see more footage - and not have to hunt through endless menus to find it, as we did on the first Harry Potter DVD.

The most interesting pieces are an interview with JK Rowling in Creating The Vision and Conjuring A Scene, a short featurette about the making of the film's big moments.

Old 11-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Supreme Fan

mmmm? I already opened th e6th thread yesterday, didn't you see it?

http://www.fanforum.com/forums/showt...threadid=28650
Old 11-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm sorry, I didn't see it. That's okay. I'll close this one and top your thread

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top