Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eowyn_Evenstar:
<STRONG>Maybe I spoke too soon!!! they have'nt even cast Cho yet BUT!!!!!!!

Casting Calls for Cho Chang - 7th February</STRONG>
I'm glad they're kind of being strict with the casting. I don't want them to just choose anyone to play Cho. Too bad I don't live in the UK. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>Awww but if you look 16 you might score a chance! oh well just think who ever is Cho has got to put up with a lot of catty remarks from girls. I mean look at what Emma Watson deals with. I'm sure you'ev seen stuff out there on the net. I think it's going to be worse for whoever Cho is. I mean she's the object of Harry's affections..and she's going to get to kiss Daniel Radcliffe...it will probably anger a few other H/P related shippers too.. it's not going to be pretty! (well Cho will be at any rate)</STRONG>
I know! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I bet that'd be hard to cope with. I mean, some people can be so vicious! If anything, it'll up the resentment from all of those Harry shippers...

Did any of you hear what happened to that girl who told people on the Net she was playing Pansy and was going out with Tom Felton?? Poor girl.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Nellie - I think they have to be strict. I think they would be inundated with so many offers from all over the world. It would take ages to look at them. Limiting it to the UK will make their jobs much easier. Plus no need for coaching an accent!

I heard about the TOm Felton girl but I have no idea what happened to her. What did happen?

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 02-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
No way! I've got to disagree Lots of them are born and bred in the UK. Trust me. It's really not that hard to find an asian girl in Britian who speaks perfect English *coughslikeme*.
yeah, well, but I don't mean it's hard only to find an asian-british girl.. I mean, the whole plot she must have: asian+british+good actress+pretty+wants/is ready to deal with everything that fame brings.. you know.. it's very hard

so, that girl who says she was playing Pansy, is it true? I heard it is true, she has been an extra in 1st and 2nd movies, so maybe it's true she'll play Pansy, but we don't know [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited - Alex - ]
Old 02-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Passionate Fan

I think another the hard thing will actually be finding an Asian girl who is an openly aspiring actress. I'm generalising ..as it won't be the case for everyone but it's not a profession that is encouraged by Asian parents. If you know what I mean.

But still I'm expecting loads of girls...some who probably don't fit the bill will be turning up on sat. Chinatown is'nt too far from there.. casting people could talk a walk there and find someone.

On a different note... I saw a real life older version of Harry and Cho having dinner together in a Chinese restaurant. Awwww.

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited Eowyn_Evenstar ]

Old 02-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Dont want to be bumping this thread if it's dead but we've got some news on the cho chang auditions.

Look here Auditions I liked Katherine the best! maybe not lookswise but she's got the right emotions when she's doing Cho!

Old 02-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>On a different note... I saw a real life older version of Harry and Cho having dinner together in a Chinese restaurant. Awwww.
</STRONG>
Awww!

As for the auditions, I like Emily the most (just based on the pic, I can't d/l the audition...)

And according to the quiz, I'm a Cho Chang Champion! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-07-2004: Message edited - nellie - ]
Old 02-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Emily's audition was quite good too. Lookswise I thought Marie looked good. But you know I hope it's not a stereotypical asian type they go for! if you see what I mean. I heard there were loads of people there! even blondes turning up!

whohooo.. I'm a Cho Champion too!

[ 02-07-2004: Message edited Eowyn_Evenstar ]

Old 02-13-2004, 04:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Me again. I found out that have already started callbacks for Cho Chang..back at Pineapple studios on Monday...to do some activities and the decision will be made by then.

Old 02-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Callbacks already? Eeei! I can't wait to find out who they choose!
Old 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
Passionate Fan

I know!!! hopefully I'll try get some goss about what happened on Monday. Apparently they're about 100 girls who were called back. Then they were told that they will be trying some stuff out.. not sure what that means though.

Old 04-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Supreme Fan

hello seekers! sorry for not passing by before, but I've not been very much in the forum. I'm super excited on the Cho casting, I can't wait to know who will play the role.

Eowyn, I checked that link of the auditions, how interesting. I liked the girls in this order: Katheirne, Angelica and Marie, I mean their acting because physically they are not the Cho I imagined. But I'm really impressed with that Katherine, I loved her lines. So now we know 2 things: 1- Harry WILL ask Cho out!!! and 2-We know these will be their lines. MYYY GOOOOOD, I'm so excited I can't breath [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img]

I personally, since it's obvious Boa will not play Cho, I really like this girl (physically, because I don't know about her acting skills) click, it's Namji and she supposedly went to the casting.

there's some reports and stuff related to the Cho castings click

you Eowyn said you don't want stereotypical asian girl.. what do you mean? I don't know if what I imagine is stereo... whatever :loL: I can't even spell the word [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] but I imagined Cho as described in the 3rd book, as someone super pretty, bright and long black hair, etc etc, and in my mind she is the most beautiful girl in Hogwarts, so I absolutely imagine her as Boa (for me she is incredibly beautiful) or at least like that Namji girl
Old 04-06-2004, 06:42 PM
New Fan

i used to own cho world so of course i love cho/harry! go them! yay

Daring Destiny
Old 04-06-2004, 06:46 PM
New Fan

i can't wait to see who will play cho chang. she better be freakishly hot i want to kill her. aarrrr, I WANT TO BE CHO:'(

Daring Destiny
Old 04-07-2004, 06:21 AM
Supreme Fan

hey lady scorpion! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] cool to meet another Cho fan [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] what's your name?

poor Cho, don't kill her [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] aw, I can't wait, can't wait! to see the chemistry between the actress (whoever it is) and Dan [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] this is sooooo exciting
Old 04-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey Alex. Don't worry I've not been in this forum much either. It's been slow on the Cho stuff. Those pics of Namji are great. I think she's very very pretty. Better than Boa!

What I meant by stereotypical. It's like the common image of an Asian girl. I'd just like Cho to be a 3 dimensional character. I'll try think of a better explanation... I would'nt understand what I just said either.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top