Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Moderator Manager

When Harry speaks parseltongue, he's not aware that he speaks it right, which is terrifying.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah and he was like you heard me???

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-24-2019, 08:54 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm not sure but I think he thinks he speaks English which every one understands and also he thought that anyone can do the same until Harry and Hermione opposed that
"I wish I was the monster you think I am" ~ Tyrion Lannister
"I'm no lady" ~ Brienne of Tarth
Old 09-24-2019, 08:40 PM
Moderator Manager

I personally would find it odd that I can talk to snakes if I was him but they do live in a world of magic so speaking to snakes should happen to some of them right?

Old 09-25-2019, 10:32 AM
Passionate Fan

I bet he did think that till Ron and Hermione broke the news to him Silly Harry.. However, his ability to parseltongue did save the school. First, he figured out there is something snake-ish roaming around the school and he saved Ginny's life by opening the chamber even DD couldn't have done that as he didn't know its location or how to open it. So All in All, it was pretty useful even tho, it gave him a bad image at first
Old 09-25-2019, 02:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeerena (View Post)
I'm not sure but I think he thinks he speaks English which every one understands and also he thought that anyone can do the same until Harry and Hermione opposed that
Yeah which that's why he tho that he was speaking English..

is that what you want?

Old 09-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I bet he did think that till Ron and Hermione broke the news to him Silly Harry.. However, his ability to parseltongue did save the school. First, he figured out there is something snake-ish roaming around the school and he saved Ginny's life by opening the chamber even DD couldn't have done that as he didn't know its location or how to open it. So All in All, it was pretty useful even tho, it gave him a bad image at first
Yup at least there's that. So even though he got some scared students in his midst, it all worked out in the end.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
“So?” said Harry. “I bet loads of people here can do it.”
“Oh, no they can’t,” said Ron. “It’s not a very common gift. Harry, this is bad.”
“What’s bad?” said Harry, starting to feel quite angry. “What’s wrong with everyone? Listen, if I hadn’t told that snake not to attack Justin —”
“Oh, that’s what you said to it?”
“What d’you mean? You were there — you heard me —”
“I heard you speaking Parseltongue,” said Ron. “Snake language. You could have been saying anything — no wonder Justin panicked, you sounded like you were egging the snake on or something — it was creepy, you know —”
Harry gaped at him. “I spoke a different language? But — I didn’t realize — how can I speak a language without knowing I can speak it?”
Ron shook his head. Both he and Hermione were looking as though someone had died. Harry couldn’t see what was so terrible. “D’you want to tell me what’s wrong with stopping a massive snake biting off Justin’s head?” he said. “What does it matter how I did it as long as Justin doesn’t have to join the Headless Hunt?”
“It matters,” said Hermione, speaking at last in a hushed voice, “because being able to talk to snakes was what Salazar Slytherin was famous for. That’s why the symbol of Slytherin House is a serpent.”
Harry’s mouth fell open.
As we said, he thought he was talking English so every body can perfectly understand what he's saying.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Amazing right? He can speak it so he's not aware that he's using a different language but since not everyone can speak it, it's foreign to everyone else.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Passionate Fan

And as Ron said no wonder Justin panicked, as he had sounded like he was egging the snake. And Justin doesn't know Harry well and keep in mind that people thought that Harry might have some dark powers too as he had overcome the dark lord himself. They can get suspicious and that what exactly happened.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree.. Even tho I like how Harry didn't realize that, but I wonder if he ever hear himself speak that language?

is that what you want?

Old 09-27-2019, 08:55 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I don't think so. As far as he knows, everyone understands it because he has the ability to speak it.

Quote:
And as Ron said no wonder Justin panicked, as he had sounded like he was egging the snake. And Justin doesn't know Harry well and keep in mind that people thought that Harry might have some dark powers too as he had overcome the dark lord himself. They can get suspicious and that what exactly happened.
Exactly. And since no one understands parseltongue, it's easy for them to think that he was indeed egging the snake on Justin.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Hmm, made sense..

is that what you want?

Old 09-28-2019, 12:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
“Happy Valentine’s Day!” Lockhart shouted. “And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all — and it doesn’t end here!”
Lockhart clapped his hands and through the doors to the entrance hall marched a dozen surly-looking dwarfs. Not just any dwarfs, however. Lockhart had them all wearing golden wings and carrying harps.
“My friendly, card-carrying cupids!” beamed Lockhart. “They will be roving around the school today delivering your valentines! And the fun doesn’t stop here! I’m sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion! And while you’re at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any wizard I’ve ever met, the sly old dog!” Professor Flitwick buried his face in his hands. Snape was looking as though the first person to ask him for a Love Potion would be force-fed poison.
“Please, Hermione, tell me you weren’t one of the forty-six,” said Ron as they left the Great Hall for their first lesson. Hermione suddenly became very interested in searching her bag for her schedule and didn’t answer.
I can't breathe hahahahahahahaha
Old 09-28-2019, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

UGH. I hate Valentine's Day.

Snape was looking as though the first person to ask him for a Love Potion would be force-fed poison. Same Snape, same.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top