Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Personally my favourite is Snape's story - I love how JK was able to portray that at the end of the day Harry Potter was really a love story in so many ways. Obviously there are also a lot of other stories but it really hit home with me that Snape just waited and wanted to always protect her, so powerful
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 02-28-2014, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

And it's never too late to be redeemed but it's up to you.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortallyUsed (View Post)
Personally my favourite is Snape's story - I love how JK was able to portray that at the end of the day Harry Potter was really a love story in so many ways. Obviously there are also a lot of other stories but it really hit home with me that Snape just waited and wanted to always protect her, so powerful
And we finally find out, after all these years, that ending JKR talked to Alan Rickman about.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:46 AM
New Fan

I'll always wonder how different it would've been if Harry was born a girl and resembled her mother strongly. I imagine Snape would've been a more Sirius-like figure in she-Harry's life. It'd be nice as those two could easily have squashed their beef.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

If Harry was born a girl and resembled Lily, I think the unrequited love would've been more obvious. Plus, the series would have been more tragic, Snape would try to pretend She!Harry was actually Lily and might even develop feelings for the She!Harry. She!Harry wouldn't have understood that she was so much like Lily, and that Snape still had feelings for Lily long after she died. Plus, the whole aspect of Snape's regrets would have just added to the tragic emotions.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Moderator Manager

This book was the most emotional for me.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

New Bloomsbury UK cover designed by Andrew Davidson. To be released on Sept 1st.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Personally, I think this was the darkest HP book of all. And you have the feeling of finality reading it. I think it has to do with all the deaths and of course Voldemort & Harry finally facing off.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

i loved this book for the angst that Harry went through. His separation from his one true love, the gravity that he might not ever know what it feels like to be really with her and making sure she was safe from danger. Its a real grown up Harry we see evolve and it solidified my love for him. His heart was always with what mattered.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Moderator Manager

This book also showed the strong bond of the trio. Even if 80% of the book was about them, it was all about their journey in the end.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Does anyone really wish they knew what haapened to Dean and Seamus? What they ended up doing after the battle?
Old 08-02-2014, 05:54 AM
Moderator Manager

x

Old 08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Personally, I think this was the darkest HP book of all. And you have the feeling of finality reading it. I think it has to do with all the deaths and of course Voldemort & Harry finally facing off.
I completely agree. I remember reading it for the first time... a part of me was so terrified of turning each page because that meant I'd get closer and closer to the end of the series but another part of me felt the darkness so intensely, I couldn't wait to get to the end because I knew that darkness would turn to light and I wanted that happy ending for all of the characters I loved so much.

I also think Dumbledore's death in HBP started the tone for the darkness in the final chapter. You felt this wonderful series reaching a conclusion right after Dumbledore's death.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I completely agree. I remember reading it for the first time... a part of me was so terrified of turning each page because that meant I'd get closer and closer to the end of the series but another part of me felt the darkness so intensely, I couldn't wait to get to the end because I knew that darkness would turn to light and I wanted that happy ending for all of the characters I loved so much.

I also think Dumbledore's death in HBP started the tone for the darkness in the final chapter. You felt this wonderful series reaching a conclusion right after Dumbledore's death.
I agree. Dumbledore's death was shocking for me. I thought he was going to survive or at least die in DH. At the same time, of course Voldemort was going to die and the build-up to that was well written. From the moment the Bill/Fleur wedding was attacked, it was all a cat & mouse chase and the trio had to look out for themselves on their own. Pretty exciting stuff. The Harry-Dumbledore showdown was also incredible.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't understand those that think it would have been better if Harry sacrificed himself and stayed dead. I mean, they were actually disappointed when he came back and that he gave up his moment to rest and let the others sort Voldemort out and finish him like Neville. I love Neville but Harry was the 'hunted one' for a good portion of his childhood, not Neville. He deserved to come back and then later have a happy life with his new family and friends.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top