Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 05:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
If you include Neville then why not Draco, Luna, or any of Ron's siblings for example?
If you'd include Neville I would definitely include Draco as well, the rest however.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Voldemort, Snape, and Dumbledore.

I agree with Cece on these, not so much Neville (as much as I love him). But I agree with Mel. Draco gets priority for me over Neville, he is Harry's nemesis for like 7 books

So imo,

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Voldemort, Snape, Draco and Dumbledore.

would be the best representation of the harry potter board, with a soft golden theme to highlight the richness from the films.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Neville is not just 'a student' though. I have a list of reasons of his importance to the HP universe. I promise I don't want him added just because he's cute and charming. Hagrid was important too, but he served in a lesser mentor/background role.

But that's okay, if it is just me who wants Neville on the banner then no worries.

Yes, I meant to add Draco too! I definitely agree to have Draco on the banner.

I do like a golden theme, so some shade of yellow yes. Not sure what other colors off the top of my head, will have to look at design seeds.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not 100% against Neville, by all means add him in. I'm just thinking about the Graphic's Team fitting everyone in and I think the most important character should come before side-kicks.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
and I think the most important character should come before side-kicks.
Which was the point I was making .

Cece I was not calling Neville just another student or saying he was not important, just that he may not be as important as others and there are other students who could be of equal value or greater value. I do not care who gets added, I was simply asking you all to consider that when picking characters .
Old 02-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hagrid! I'm on this one.. plus the ones mentioned last
I also love McGonagall, but I can live without her on the banner..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rae, sorry. And yes I understand.

Last edited by a fine mess; 02-01-2017 at 03:23 PM
Old 02-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

How many roughly can we fit on without them being too small? 6?
Old 02-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

If we do decide 8 characters, you can see an example of what it might look like if you visit OUAT. I think any more than that would look too small. Bones has 7 characters on its banner.

I do think it looks better with less characters, so if everyone agrees, I'd be happy with the 6 mentioned from the start, plus Draco.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the input everyone.

Rae, yes I understand. It can open up a can of worms if we include one of the other characters. I do remember suggesting Draco during the last customization but I got flak for doing so (not from GT though).

And yes, Cece. I love Neville. If we add him, then we'd have to add Ginny too? I'd say Luna not really since her introduction was late (book 5) but for me, Draco takes precedence over Neville character and story-wise because even his parents were involved in Harry's story.

Jade, when you mean a golden theme, do you mean like the Empire, New Girl, Sarah Michelle Gellar or Joshua Jackson board theme (with a different shade of course) or more of a Hufflepuff color: mustard and brown? I'll look up some palettes on design seeds this weekend.

I found some hi-res pics of the trio but I'll look for Voldemort, Snape & Dumbledore. I don't think we got character a character poster for Dumbledore in DH since his character died in HBP?

https://mrmovieman.wordpress.com/201...art-2-hp7-hp8/
^ I don't like the Harry & Ron ones though

Or these from DH part 1:
Harry
Ron
Hermione

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

The GT or I am meaner now perhaps . (I would also like to add that I have no idea who Luna is for the story, that is just a character name I know so I used it as an example.)

Which characters are you agreeing on now? Harry, Ron, Hermione, Voldemort, Snape, Draco and Dumbledore?

Quote:
How many roughly can we fit on without them being too small? 6?
It depends on your definition of too small Jade. We all have different opinions on the subject but I would say eight to ten is reaching the limit before most characters look really small. RBS and NCIS are examples of eleven characters and you can see at least the smallest ones are getting to be quite small. But then when you go to boards such as Grey's and Twilight then quite a few of the characters are extremely small and harder to make out.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am not a poster here so my opinion doesn't matter much but I love the books and movies
I like the current characters on the banner: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Voldemort, Snape, and Dumbledore but I would also agree on Neville/Draco since they were a big part of the battle but maybe having them really smaller on the banner in the back while the main 6 stay front and bigger
When I think of HP, I think of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Voldemort, Snape, Draco, Neville (bc of the last fight) and Dumbledore.

This is just my opinion so I'll go with anything the board wants
As for color or background, would you like the symbol of each house of the school on it or not , since you were talking about the color, it made me think of the emblem
Old 02-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TogetherღUnashamed (View Post)
As for color or background, would you like the symbol of each house of the school on it or not , since you were talking about the color, it made me think of the emblem
While it is an interesting suggestion when you add in the characters in front it is highly unlikely that they will be visible. You may be able to work them out still, but it would not stand out. I also would not ask every member of the team who makes a graphic to do this if they do not want to as some may find it difficult to work with.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why is everyone ignoring Hagrid? I love Neville too, but would prefer Hagrid at any time..

The emblem would hardly be seen, but how about the castle itself in the background?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Again something I would not ask you all to add in . If they are things everyone likes then I can encourage the team to try one or the other or both but if it does not work for them then they do not have to do it.

I feel like I am just saying no to everything but I promise you all that I am not and I have never said no to anything that has been suggested .

I agree about Hagrid but that is the only character I really like so I am bias.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top