Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Both of the photo sets are wonderful! Kelly Rutherford would make a wonderful middle-aged!Druella. She is how I used to envision Narcissa before Helen McCrory was cast.

I think this could be a picture of Druella and Narcissa during Draco's early school years.

Source
Old 07-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

NARCISSA AND ANDROMEDA

"Do Mum and Dad know you’re here? I’m a blood traitor, right? You shouldn’t be near me."

"I just wanted to come tell you. You’re to be an aunt. I’m expecting."

"Oh. Congratulations…"

Source: we were young, and in love

Head canon after the war ended: Narcissa comforted Andromeda about Tonk's death and they both comforted each other about Bellatrix's death and they reconnected with each other. Also, Draco has a loving relationship with his aunt Andromeda and his cousin Teddy after meeting them after the war.

Hogwarts will always be your HOME

ic: magicrubbish LJ
Jason Morgan | Thor Odinson | Kate Kane {Batwoman} | Steffy & Bill | WestAllen Family | Rory + Jess {Their story is not over}
Old 07-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Kelly Rutherford is so classy. She always looks so gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)
Awww, this is so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Head canon after the war ended: Narcissa comforted Andromeda about Tonk's death and they both comforted each other about Bellatrix's death and they reconnected with each other. Also, Draco has a loving relationship with his aunt Andromeda and his cousin Teddy after meeting them after the war.
I've often wondered what Draco thinks of Andromeda. I'm guessing there's no bad blood but because of the falling out between Andromeda and Narcissa, they're not really that close.

"My beautiful ghost monument."

dw | kh
Old 07-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I've often wondered what Draco thinks of Andromeda. I'm guessing there's no bad blood but because of the falling out between Andromeda and Narcissa, they're not really that close.
I'm still hoping after the war that Naricssa rekindled her relationship with her sister Andromeda and finally Draco knew his aunt and developed a bond with her. Also Narcissa and Andromeda grieved the loss of Bellatrix and Andromeda's daughter Tonks.

"Bellatrix. What are you doing here? I read in the paper…people have been killed. In Chiswick. Please…Bella. Tell me you didn’t…"

"What I do has nothing to do with you anymore."

"Bella please. Let me take you home."

"Don’t talk to me, you filthy little turncoat."

Source: we were young, and in love

Jason Morgan | Thor Odinson | Kate Kane {Batwoman} | Steffy & Bill | WestAllen Family | Rory + Jess {Their story is not over}
Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Kelly Rutherford is so classy. She always looks so gorgeous.
That's so true. I think that's why I originally envisioned her as Narcissa.

Those are fantastic arts, Mia!

Quote:
Narcissa comforted Andromeda about Tonk's death and they both comforted each other about Bellatrix's death and they reconnected with each other. Also, Draco has a loving relationship with his aunt Andromeda and his cousin Teddy after meeting them after the war.

I'm still hoping after the war that Naricssa rekindled her relationship with her sister Andromeda and finally Draco knew his aunt and developed a bond with her. Also Narcissa and Andromeda grieved the loss of Bellatrix and Andromeda's daughter Tonks.
These are nice thoughts. In a perfect world it would be great if this could happen. However, in reality, I don't think that's even remotely possible. I think any chance Andromeda and Narcissa had reconciling died with Ted and Nymphadora. I don't think Andromeda, especially in the immediate aftermath of the final battle, would be able to stomach seeing Narcissa with her husband and son.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
A celebratory doodle since I've submitted all my year projects for assessment!

It's of Andromeda Tonks (Née Black) and Narcissa Malfoy (Née Black) and baby Teddy.

I am really fascinated by the Black sisters. Each one of them took a different life-path and each one of them has completely differing personalities. I'm intrigued as to whether Narcissa would attempt to contact her estranged sister after the Battle of Hogwarts. I think she would.
Narcissa and Draco Malfoy dont seem to me like evil types, and neither does Lucius if I'm honest. What they are is rather selfish, prideful cowards, therefore they take the any route that will ensure their own survival. Although I believe Lucius is the worst of the three, I think Narcissa and Draco are just scared.
Generalising from a psychologist point of view, it is all about our 'fight or flight' response, the large majority of us will choose 'flight', which is exactly what Narcissa seems to have done through her life, whereas Andromeda chose 'fight'. The problem is once we use a certain response a lot of us will continue to go back to that same response over and over and it becomes habitual and safe.

Why am I rambling about this? Because I like to think that after the war, once Bellatrix is dead and Harry has won, Narcissa re-evaluates what is important and at least tries to make some kind of amends with her sister.
Especially now that her sister Andromeda has lost her husband, only daughter and son-in-law and now has to raise baby Teddy (with help from his godfather).

It's what I like to believe anyway...

I don't know why I've written all this, I think I'm a little delirious from lack of sleep, I've been awake and working non-stop for over 30 hours...

I love Andromeda.

NB I know they don't look their ages, I tried but they looked weird so I made them forever young
Source: Catching-Smoke on deviantART

Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
That would be nice in AU but after what happened, I don't think it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)
These are nice thoughts. In a perfect world it would be great if this could happen. However, in reality, I don't think that's even remotely possible. I think any chance Andromeda and Narcissa had reconciling died with Ted and Nymphadora. I don't think Andromeda, especially in the immediate aftermath of the final battle, would be able to stomach seeing Narcissa with her husband and son.
Same with me. There's just too much that happened with them.

dw | kh
Old 07-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Cedrella Black
The day her and Poppy snuck into the forbidden forest and found another great lake
taken by Poppy Black 1942

Source: http://enemycampscrapbook.tumblr.com/

Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Moderator Manager

I bet Cygnus and Druella Black were the epitome of pure blood elitism back then who obviously passed on this trait to their children.

dw | kh
Old 07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Fan

The Andromeda and Narcissa drawing is really well done. I love the picture of Cedrella in the forbidden forest.

What you said about Cygnus and Druella is definitely true. I think they were probably brought up the same way.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Moderator Manager

First vid is really angsty and well done. Great find, Emily! Second one is really good plus I love the music used. I've seen quite a number of Tumblr arts portraying James McAvoy as Regulus Black.

dw | kh
Old 07-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
- Narcissa: A new age has been born out of rebellion and bloodshed. I am of another time. I and my sisters knew nothing of the world beyond our own. How could I know how unusual we were?
- Andromeda: My baby sister. I can talk to her and tell her everything.
- Bellatrix: What did you just do?
- Andromeda: Just a little curse I learned from a witch back in India. (They went on a Holiday there, ok, Uncle Alphard took them )
- Sirius: This is the Black Family Tree. My deranged cousin. I hated the lot of them. (Aww, Siri, who are you trying to fool!?)
- Bellatrix: Without a word? Without goodbye, you'll leave?
...Voldemort started to gather some followers
- Bellatrix: It would be my pleasure, your majesty.
- Barty Crouch: You remain in the eyes of the Ministry a convicted Death Eater!

Ahh, my favourite dysfunctional family! It's been so long since I made a badly put together Black family video. Well, they're one of the few reasons I still bother with the HP fandom. I was so disappointed with DH and, to a lesser extent, HBP and Harry as a character never interested me much, anyway. The adult characters are much more fascinating! The Black family story could be a period drama, I really wish there was a TV show or a movie. And the story of the marauders and Lily/Snape could have been a beautiful tragedy. And yeah, I know that the books are titled Harry Potter and the.... not The House of Black and the.... but that doesn't stop me wishing it was the other way around.

This is mostly about the 3 sisters, but the boys at about 1:15 to 1:20 or so are Sirius and Regulus. Siri's suit kind of looks like he's trying to display Gryffindor colours ^__^ It looks weird, like Narcissa was younger than Reggie but the little blonde girl was so cute and so Cissy-ish that I just had to put her in!
Source: BlackCousins4life - YouTube

Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for posting that video. It's wonderful.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Black Family Portrait, three years later. From bottom left counter-clockwise - Narcissa, Bellatrix, Andromeda, Sirius, Regulus, Walburga Black, Orion Black, Dad and Mom of Las Chicas.
Source: spectre-of-prague on deviantART

Old 07-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Great vids, girls! We should add these all to the OP.

Quote:
If we can (and have space for it), can we add this to the OP? I think it's brilliantly done.

dw | kh
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top