Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was thinking...you know how a certain other HP fangroup likes to cite "canon" as their main supportive evidence? Well, I'm curious. HP and H/Hr aside for a moment (shocking, I know [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), which do you generally find to be more meaningful/convincing/important: text ("canon"), or subtext?

***argel***
Team Cordy� #17
"You're welome." -Cordelia Chase
Old 03-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Hello, Aurors! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hope everyone had a good weekend. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sharon: Thanks, I'm glad you liked the fanart. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Wow, such meaty discussion going here! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm with Jill: you people say too much too quickly! How am I supposed to keep up? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] No, no, I think it's great. The fact that the power went out here where I live last night for about an hour and then the internet was down all night after that didn't help me in keeping up with the thread... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] But things are back now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

You all have made excellent points. I also think Harry deserves to be and would make an excellent Head Boy. Whether he actually will be Head Boy or not, I dont know but I really hope so. And as someone else mentioned, it would create a new dynamic between Harry and Hermione as they work together as Head Boy/Girl.

Quote:
Originally posted by argel:
<STRONG>Along with that question comes another: is the "office" of Head Boy schoolwide or house-specific? It's been a little while since I've read all the books, but I can't remember if it's been mentioned whether the positions of Head Boy and Girl are for the entire school, or if each house gets its own Head Boy and Girl. Anyone know? </STRONG>
I was actually wondering this, too. I couldnt remember if its for each house or two for the whole school.

ITA about Rons feelings for Hermione. I see the Ron and Hermione thing as something that wont last long. If there is an attraction, I dont see it being much more than a temporary crush that will soon be outgrown and moved passed. With Harry and Hermione, I see them having something more. Time and time again it has been shown that they are absolutely essential to each other. They compliment and help each other. They have a bond that transcends whatever is between Ron and Hermione and I think that as they get older over time and as they go through even more Harry and Hermione will soon see and feel just how much they need each other and realize how they have already been developing a love between them that over time I think will grow and become more apparent, stronger, and undeniable.

::looks back over the length of this post:: [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I think its contagious! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Made a quick manip of Dan and Emma on the set of POA in the rain!!

Hopefully, you guys like it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Here's another picture of Emma:

Master Sluggard LOL!!! Welcome btw.. Are you new? If you are--&gt; [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

-Delilah- Totally agree with you about R/Hr... H/Hr are a lot more stronger...
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 03-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed_2000:
<STRONG>orber123- when you referred to michelle, are you referring to me? i'm shannon! haha

ruby haha i haven't done these long winded posts in a long time..but its fun. you should try one long post in your history as an auror. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>

I resent that! I've written many a long post in the Auror thread. Now whether or not they were on topic is another story.

Anyway I'm kidding I'm used to long posts. Belle did post at least a hundred of them in the old days and she forced me to read them and write summaries on what I read. She did. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 03-08-2004: Message edited Master Sluggard ]
Old 03-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Little Tiger, lovely pictures, thank you!

Aww, Emma looks so darn pretty in the second one, and that manip is just too cute!

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] for ya!

[ 03-08-2004: Message edited Angelic_Auror ]
Old 03-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG Hi u all [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Boy u guys move too fast for me. Anyway, I have taken my time to read what you all had to say and it has been very interested indeed. We all know that Hermione will be made Head Girl..I think that one is a given...but, with Ron being Head Boy...I'm not sure..we all know that he hate being anything like Percy, therefore if he does become Head Boy he might tell DD that should look for another person because he does not want to be one. And that is when Harry comes to play...knowing that Harry is very capable of being Head Boy he will skip the whole Prefect position and go straight to being Head Boy.

Now over the weekend..my cousin who is in her late 20's have become a fanatic HP. She started to read the books and currently on her 4th. Now that sad part is that she is a R/H I was dissapointed..but she bascially is fan of them because of what she reads in the books. I have treid all my best to make her see the whole H/Hr relationship..but fell miserbly [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ...I have let you all down and myself too...but don't fret I tell myself becuase I proudly want to announce that my little sister is a flow blown Auror. She has even told me to announce it to all of you. Seriously, she is one true auror..because everytime she sees anything with H/Hr she becomes crazy...even to the verge of tears when Hermione gave Harry that "look" in the COS. Her class was watching it and people started to talk she..told them all of you bequiet and apprecaite the goodness of HP. Lata she told me that she just wanted everyone to be silent so she can enjoy herself when that particular scene came.

Ok made a long post with my ranting...sorry..but just felt like sharing that with you all.

ok bye [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Indeed, I agree with ya.

Boy...I haven't visited this thread in ages.

I will be more active like I used too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Stargate Fan
Mutant X Fan
Old 03-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Nadhip It's ok... I fail too... I remember I was like H/Hr!! Everybody in my youth group looked at me like if I was drunk and said, "It's R/Hr! Duh! More chemistry..." I was too young then to defend myself, but after reading OOTP, I'm armed... ::wicked laugh:: But ::pats :: Nadhip on the back for a well done effort although the result didn't show it... [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Your sister watching HP and being a full blown auror is awesome! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and sends auror [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] to your sister and of course you!!

Angelic_Auror !!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] back!!! Yeah, Emma does look gorgeous in the second picture... I sorta can't wait till the POA DVD comes out... haha I'm so hasty.. . "don't be hasty merry"... well just imagine the behind the scenes... the camera catching D/E!!!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Little Tiger: Love the manip! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nadhip: That's great about your sister...what a great little Auror! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hey, my younger sister is an Auror as well.

Well, I'm off to work...
Old 03-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Nadhip: Your sister is sure on the right way. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] About my sister, well, I think she's a Kicker, but I'm not worried about it because she hasn't even read all of the books. And she's not a HP freak like me. On the other hand, my dear mom is an Auror. She saw the Auror light. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

ruby- i remember you doing the long winded posts when belle and iris would only write posts if they contained 1000 words or more. didn't mean to make you resent. *hug*

little tiger- ruby aka master sluggard is not new!! she's one of the top 5 oldbies i think on the list..she just has been lurking more.

also, love the manip!
Old 03-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Excellent discussion everyone!

Know, I would like to add my two knuts...

First, Ami my story is going along just fine...slow...but still. I just started chapter two not to long ago. Ummm did you still want to beta read the first chapter? That goes for you too Shannon if you are still interested.

Second, Dellilah- beautiful artwork. Stand By Me is definatley an Auror song...why didn't I think of that sooner.

Now, some of you had brought up some interesting points. What if JK does decide to make Cho head girl?

Please, PLEASE let there be a cat fight between Hermione and Cho. I think that would be a riot. Hermione would win of course.

But in all seriousness, do you guys think Cho would abuse her power with Hermione? Knowing full well that Cho may feel a little vindictive towards her...that would be interesting.

Harry getting team Captain? Nah, Katie is next in line. How is the team captain chosen anyway? Because technically speaking Katie does have senority.

Lovely pics by the way thanks for sharing them!

I picked up the yarn I needed to make my own Gryffindor scarf. The lady at the store said she's made four of them for her grandkids- they even had one on display at the store.
Team Britney
Old 03-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Gah! You guys move so fast! Now I have to go back and catch up. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nadhip, t's fantastic that your sisters an Auror even if your cousin isn't! One of my close friends used to be a Kicker fan, but i just kept quoting all the H/Hr-ness from GoF and OoTP and eventually she surrendered and said "ok, ok, i give up. H/Hr is better!" I was just like yay, go me!

My college tutor is an Auror! We were discussing what books we read and she said she was an HP fan. So i was really brave and i asked her "do you prefer H/Hr or R/Hr?" and right away she was like "oh, it's Harry/Hermione all the way!". You should've seen my face, i couldn't stop grinning. Im so proud of my lovely tutor!

Darn, look at the time, gotta run!

See y'all later Aurors! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 03:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Sluggard:
Can't you people write one sentence posts, like I do, so that I will actually take the time to read them all?
*GASPS!*

The prodical Hag has returned!!
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]