Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2004, 10:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Tiger:
<STRONG>

Sorry,but what's a jumper?</STRONG>
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] A jumper is a sweater my dear - it's Brit slang.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] E! did that? Cool! I think I have E!. *goes off to watch*

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Dan and Em are totally cute. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up together someday. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And of course, Hermione and Harry have the same chemistry too.

*muah* May the Mages bless TBTP in Potterville....
Old 02-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Passionate Fan

For waaaaaaaaay too many reasons to name right now, I seriously wish it were June.

Why is it still February!?

Dan and Emma are so adorable. But I feel bad for Rupert. I know what being a third wheel feels like, and man do I feel bad for him. He's too cute to be a third wheel.

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 02-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelic_Auror:
<STRONG>I read that fic Taste that you linked to Sade! *fans self* Thats probably the smuttiest H/Hr fic i've ever read! Thanks for the link!

:p</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I don't really read smutty H/Hr fics... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] shocking I know! [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

I guess I just percieve H/Hr as a "one true love" innocent romantic pairing... When it comes to smutty fics I tend to go lean toward D/Hr [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
*docks rotten pumpkins*
Yes, "W", you are not the only one with a guilty shipping pleasure [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway, as I was saying, I was a little hesitant to read "Taste" at first. I didn't know that the "Kate J" was the "Kate" that I know, actually [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
But when H/Hr fanfic goddess Lissanne
(author of Love is a Battlefield)
recommended it, I thought, hey, what the heck, and was ever thankful.
[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Oddly enough, even though it has the "Harry & Hermione shagging like rabbits while in school" factor, it has a uniquely "canon H/Hr" feel to it...
I can't quite put my finger on exactly how she did it, but "the essence" of H/Hr is just there...

BTW, did you guys know that Taste actually won the Best Smut Fic" at last year's Portkey Awards?! [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

I was sooooo proud of Kate! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

C'mon, what are you still doing here?
everybody, read it! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
*brings out whip*
Git! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
click this

===================================================================

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Tiger:
<STRONG>Sade HAHA!Yup, that's what I did... I said, "Something looks funny here! Ah! It's Rupert... He belongs to me..." Cuts picture of Rupert and tapes it to her wall... j/k Actually, Kate cut it... BLAME HER!! Points finger... Makes puppy face... haha.. And sadly, no I don't have the video... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Sweetie, I hope you're sitting down right now...
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] ok, brace yourself...
deep breath... yes, there yah go...

older, taller, hotter Rupert Grint [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Eyesthere:
<STRONG>darn, I don't have real player. I wanna see that 5 second clip!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] aaaawwww sweetie... [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img] I know it's wrong to hand out bootlegs, but help a friend in need, right? [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

Are you a member of the
Aurors yahoo group yet?
If you are, go HERE...
Do you see "RealPlayer 8 Plus"? [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]
*stage whispers*
that's a copy of the RealPlayer 8 Plus... complete with the serial number [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]
Click on that and you're well on your way to download your very own RMP [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

*scratches non-existent beard ala-Hagrid*
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I should not have told you that... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

*runs away from the bootleg police*

To everyone who is too lazy to spend the time to download and see the new Dan & Emma quasi-flirting thing, this is basically what happened:

squee-worthy avie courtesy of fellow yahoo!Auror and uber H/Hr filmmaker errom_potter [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

eating pupkin pie while sitting on a whoopie cushion,
- Sade

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited Marauder's Child ]
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 02-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you Sade! You rock!!!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 02-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Sade!

*squee* that avatar is AMAZING!
Old 02-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Marauder's Child:
<STRONG>
The site of the wonderful and fellow yahoo!Auror Kate?
*cough*writer of the deliciously smutty fic Taste*cough*
</STRONG>

Oh yes. That's my favourite smut fic ever!
It's so intense.

Those flirty D/E pics are adorable. Oh to be a fly on the wall watching them film the movies. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

sade- holy crap that picture of ron that you were drooling over in the ron thread...i'm joining in!!! he looks hot!!

also at mugglenet.com they have a report from the leaky cauldron of what the new layout for the official website is going to look like for prisoner of azkaban. it looks really really good. it premieres next month.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes, I have read Taste.

I don't really like reading smut too much. But like Sade said, I believe Harry and Hermione are much too innocent for stuff like that. But somehow- I didn't want to stop reading it. It's also the type of fic that you don't forget.

And that, my dear Aurors, is good writing.

On Emma and Dan wrestling:

For some reason I can see Emma trying to egg Dan on. But there he remains with a small smile, ever patient. Until Emma starts to decist and that's when Dan turns around and pulls her into a head lock.

Let the fun times begin...

But Emma wins of course [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Team Britney
Old 02-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by W:
<STRONG>

Same here. In general, it's as if there was something essentially wrong about Harry and Hermione going all kinky, but that particualr fic is so well written and somehow manages to capture the spirit of H/Hr so well, even with all the smut, that... dunno, it's just a great fic [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Here here!
I usually either like the cute Hogwarts era fics where one has a crush on the other and its all innocent and extremely adorable (or angsty even), or the majorly dramatic epics like POU, but Taste is so well written, I could not tear my eyes away.
I think the whole silence thing was very intriguing and became a character in the story itself.

Haha I am so over analyzing. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by haylz80:
<STRONG>

I think the whole silence thing was very intriguing and became a character in the story itself.
</STRONG>

You know what, I think that is exactly it

Even though Kate admitted herself that it's a PWP, there was still something in it that draws you. I mean, there really isn't any antagonists, nor major obstacles, and yet, the fic has this certain way of unravelling itself... you can't help but keep on reading and wanting to know more.

And the silence I think just became the third major character in this wonderful fic. "Silence" became the sort of enigmatic "new character" that you just wanted to know more about [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
I can't help but gush about the wonderfulness of that fic. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Kate is the best! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by W:
<STRONG>Emma's jumper (let's be British) is from Benetton, y'know, so the other day I was with a friend trying to find something in the very last few days of sales and they still had that one, and I held it and started laughing histerically, and my friend's like 'Er... it's not *that* ugly' and I'm like 'No, it's...er.. I just remembered something' and she's like 'Okaaaaay'.

I almost bought it! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Oh Gawd! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Don't get me started on the clothes... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

"W", sweetie, I hope you don't mind, but I just talked to a friends of mine about your little "episode" in Benetton... just to prove to them that I am not alone in this "Harry Potter obsession thing" as they call it.

Anyway, this "clothes talk", of course immediately resulted to them reminiscing about my "little episode" with the dreaded "pink hoodie of doom" [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

You see, I already had that Juicy Couture fitted hoodie in white, black, grey and in baby blue...
But when I saw this:

I went nuts! [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] I just had had had to have it in god forbid pink as well [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
I'm like a junkie... I just can't explain it. I mean I hated pink, and I probably wouldn't wear it anyway, but whenever I see that pic, a hoodie, or anything pink (or even when somebody mentions the word "spoon" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] don't ask [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ),
I instantly get this insane grin complete with the glazed look that completely scares my friends [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway, one of my so-called "best girly friend"s snapped one day and told me to
"Buy that dreaded pink hoodie already if you're going to go obsessing about it all the time!"
(ain't she such a sweet-tempered little thing?! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

But when [i]we got there, I just faced the painful realization that Juicy Couture is a freak and I had to be "more specific" as to what "shade of pink" I would want!
huh?
there's this "baby pink" thing, pink pink, a bit darker old rose pink etc...
I wanted to cry [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
And because I take into consideration that the color in the picture might not be the same because heck, the "cream" shirts look white in the film... I just didn't know which one to get.
I almost asked which one the "Harry Potter" people bought, and I'd get the same thing, but didn't coz with my laughing friends, the salesclerk was already looking at me funy [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Why am I telling you guys this?
*scratches head*

Oh right! I was babbling because... even though I had to endure all those teasing yet again... remember my guy friend, the one that enlightened me on the whole "they're making out by the tree" thing?
Well, he felt a bit sorry for me after laughing his head off, so he gave me this picture to show that I'm not the only one dressing like Hermione:

[img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img] Even Cameron Diaz wears the fitted hoodie and the rainbow belt!
Isn't Dan obsessed with Cameron?
Isn't Watson the surname of Spiderman's Mary Jane?
Isn't grasping at straws fun? [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]
Isn't it obvious that I am going crazy? [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]
Isn't it June yet?
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 02-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Aw the blue one's cute. They shoulda made Hermione wear the blue one.
&lt;------ is not a pink fan. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the silence thing is so wonderful. I am going to go re-read the fic now because all this talk has made me wanna go and re-visit it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Sade [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the Cameron Diaz parallel!! Grasping at straws is great!! I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] it!!! But personally, no offense, I think Emma's a lot prettier then Cameron... But maybe its my dislike of Cameron... (don't like her cuz she got paid more on Charlie's Angels then Lucy and Drew..) Sorry, tangent... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Intrceptr350 Emma definitely wins! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm going to read Taste since everyone's talking about it...

BTW, BOOK SIX NEWS
Credit to The Leaky C

Quote:
For Scholastic, that catalyst is Harry Potter and Bird thinks the stock could enjoy "meaningful upside" 18 months out when the market may begin to discount the potential launch of the next book. He thinks the sequel is likely to be published in the summer of 2005 at the earliest but more likely in the summer of 2006.
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 02-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

2006??? by that time i'll be going into my senior year of college..its too long..too long i tell you!!! ah!

i have not read taste yet but i think i will tonight.

sade- hahahhaa i would not buy that pink hoodie if there was a store with it around me. I HATE PINK. i am not very girly at all and i HATE the color pink. oh and grasping at straws is one of the most fun things to do when shipping. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

*faints*

2006??? Are they out of their minds? I'm gonna be almost 20 when book 6 comes out?

Wow. I'm gonna be OLD.

Anyway, on current events, I think that's bloody hilarious about Cameron dressing like Hermione, though I have to admit that I am a bit jealous because I want Danny boy all to meself [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmm, I dunno if I've ever read Taste (though I prolly have cuz I don't remember the number of smutty H/Hr fics I've read [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) Gotta wait until the parentals are in bed before I do that.

Gah! I always miss the fun D/E footage! Damn school plays [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Nic, who hates pink as well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

you think you're gonna be old? by that time i'll be 21!! that seems really old for some reason.

i don't read smutty fics very much but i'll read this one.

niccin- you do school plays? awesome! i spent the last 2 years of high school doing stage crew for every school play..it was the best time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top