Old 01-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay

Shannon!!!

*has a large SM to celebrate*
Old 01-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy birthday roswellcharmed_2000!!!

Cancun? I love to go there so I'll definitely enjoy it. Thanks for taking us here!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay, happy birthday! *pulls out sunscreen and a beach towel*

Rebecca, loved the icons!

Cat and Liv, thanks for the re-welcome!

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. ~ Edward Thomas
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~ Ovid
Old 01-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yay, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Passionate Fan

wOOt!

Happy birthday Shannon

*frolicks on the beach*

Nora- I luv that wp! *snags*

Rebecca- I snagged them all!

So...I've been thinking...does Ron really have a crush on Hermione? or is it just the "over protective brother" vibe. and I'll tell you why I think this:

1. Ron doesn't show any interest in Hermione's date for the Yule ball until he finds out that's it's Viktor Krum. So I'm starting to think that Ron was in fact mad that Hermione was "fraternizing with the enemy". But it's not a jealous mad...maybe it's a 'vindictive' mad. When Harry and Ron where fighting, Hermione spent most of her time with Harry. Ron may have been feeling a bit bitter about that.

It should be noted that Ron's sudden dislike of Krum mirrors how he reacted when he found out Ginny was dating Micheal Corner

2. The good luck kiss Hermione gives him leaves Ron looking "puzzled" and "confused". Now if Ron truley does have those special feelings for Hermione wouldn't he have a stupid grin on his face and a dreamy expression? I don't get why he didn't. Perhaps it could be that Ron DOES NOT harbour those feelings for her?

"But what about the perfume bottle?"

I don't know. Maybe that was Ron's way of acknowledging that Hermione is indeed a girl. On a side note Hermione never said thanks for the Perfume, she wasn't even wearing it. I don't even think that she even wears perfume, because Harry's never described her scent or anything. But out of the two gifts that she recieved I think it's clear on who really knows her the most. Not to say that she didn't appreciate the gift of course but I think both of them are confused about their relationship as friends. If it's supposed to be so much more why is it that they have yet to move past the bickering?

I do agree with what Emma said in an interview once that Ron and Hermione do have a soft spot for eachother- but I don't think it's in that sense.

ETA- Trish, I forgot to welcome you back!
Team Britney

Last edited by Intrceptr350; 01-26-2005 at 01:02 PM
Old 01-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Loyal Fan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHANNON!!!

Cancun, yeah!

*downs an SM and spots the Twins*
"Heeeello, dahleens!" *butt-pinch*

Old 01-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrceptr350
It should be noted that Ron's sudden dislike of Krum mirrors how he reacted when he found out Ginny was dating Micheal Corner.
That's true. He has the same reaction. And when he gets protective over Ginny, Hermione says ''Big surprise.'', which means she knows he's acting just like he acted when he found out about Krum.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Happy b-day, Shannon!
Old 01-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrceptr350
wOOt!

Happy birthday Shannon

*frolicks on the beach*

Nora- I luv that wp! *snags*

Rebecca- I snagged them all!

So...I've been thinking...does Ron really have a crush on Hermione? or is it just the "over protective brother" vibe. and I'll tell you why I think this:

1. Ron doesn't show any interest in Hermione's date for the Yule ball until he finds out that's it's Viktor Krum. So I'm starting to think that Ron was in fact mad that Hermione was "fraternizing with the enemy". But it's not a jealous mad...maybe it's a 'vindictive' mad. When Harry and Ron where fighting, Hermione spent most of her time with Harry. Ron may have been feeling a bit bitter about that.

It should be noted that Ron's sudden dislike of Krum mirrors how he reacted when he found out Ginny was dating Micheal Corner

2. The good luck kiss Hermione gives him leaves Ron looking "puzzled" and "confused". Now if Ron truley does have those special feelings for Hermione wouldn't he have a stupid grin on his face and a dreamy expression? I don't get why he didn't. Perhaps it could be that Ron DOES NOT harbour those feelings for her?

"But what about the perfume bottle?"

I don't know. Maybe that was Ron's way of acknowledging that Hermione is indeed a girl. On a side note Hermione never said thanks for the Perfume, she wasn't even wearing it. I don't even think that she even wears perfume, because Harry's never described her scent or anything. But out of the two gifts that she recieved I think it's clear on who really knows her the most. Not to say that she didn't appreciate the gift of course but I think both of them are confused about their relationship as friends. If it's supposed to be so much more why is it that they have yet to move past the bickering?

I do agree with what Emma said in an interview once that Ron and Hermione do have a soft spot for eachother- but I don't think it's in that sense.

ETA- Trish, I forgot to welcome you back!
I partially agree with you... But for some reason I do strongly think Ron is crushing on Hermione. However, Hermione's not crushing on Ron. Sorry, but Ron is not Hermione's type of guy.. cough cough Lockhart and Krum cough cough... Sure Ron's been brave, but the guy that fits the essence of Krum of Lockhart is Harry...

Yeah I do agree with you why would Ron be puzzled if he knew that he liked Hermione... I mean there should have been some sort of acknowledgement that he liked Hermione... I mean his jealousy to Krum and his handshake looked like if he was fighting some internal battle and breaking off his Krum action figure... granted he might not know why he's jealous, but that doesn't make sense... Ron had to acknowledge his feelings for Hermione to himself in one shape or another... So wouldn't he act blushing and stuttering... but he didn't, he looked as your said "confused".. hmmmm...
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 01-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Oh!

I just understood where this thread's title came from.

Nice one, guys.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:08 PM
New Fan

Happy Birthday Shannon!

Yep. There's also his reaction to Malfoy taunting Ginny about the singing valentine, just as protective/aggressive as his response to Malfoy calling Hermione "Mudblood." I think all of these are just examples of Ron's being protective of those he cares about. I believe Ron does have some sort of crush on Hermione, but I also think a lot of his reactions can be attributed to his just being a protective guy.

There are times that I wonder just how much of Ron's apparent jealousy comes from his existing nature and how much of it actually has to do with any sort of feelings for Hermione. Or, if he does have a crush on her, how much of it isn't actually just some altered manifesting of his already protective nature, him thinking he has/should have feelings for her. I do know of at least one or two people who aren't at all convinced Ron has feelings for her.

Ron doesn't show any interest in Hermione's date for the Yule ball until he finds out that's it's Viktor Krum.

Well, he does pester her asking who her date is. He doesn't show any focused jealousy until he realizes who it is because, well, he doesn't know who it is. Again, this is can be attributed to him just being possessive/protective - I can easily imagine him harping on in a similar way if Ginny had been secretive on who her date was.

The good luck kiss Hermione gives him leaves Ron looking "puzzled" and "confused". Now if Ron truley does have those special feelings for Hermione wouldn't he have a stupid grin on his face and a dreamy expression?

Not necessarily. It strikes me as how I might have reacted had someone I had feelings for done that to me at that age: this kiss, is, as far as we know, the first of any sort Hermione's given Ron. After she does it he seems to be out of it for a little bit, even rubbing the spot on his cheek where she kissed him. A fairly marked contrast from Harry's reaction to a similar kiss from her, a person we know doesn't (yet) have any active romantic feelings for her. (This is one of the few R/Hr-esque moments that I've actually thought was halfway sweet, and one of the few cases that does seem to be a fairly clear indicator that he has some sort of feelings for her.)

Maybe that was Ron's way of acknowledging that Hermione is indeed a girl. On a side note Hermione never said thanks for the Perfume, she wasn't even wearing it.

I agree. This is actually one of the more interesting points of OotP for me when speculating on future relationships - I've long figured that if Hermione is interested in Ron, she's been waiting for him to wake up and acknowledge her as a girl in a mature fashion, unlike the tactless way he acted towards her at the Yule Ball. Getting her perfume as a gift is certainly a step in that direction - yet she doesn't say anything about it other than it's "unusual" (a far cry from her squeeage over Harry's book) and - as you said - we never hear about her wearing it. We see no significant change in her relationship with Ron as a result of this gift, that I can recall.

...Harry recognized Hermione's offer to accompany him as a sign of solidarity and loyalty.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:09 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUE1974
OMG guys i couldn't wait to tell

I was lurkind in one od the Emm Watson.net forums and look what i found

this was posted for one of the girls who is a R/Hr shipper

"I unfortunatly have some H/Hr evidence. While I was browsing JK's site, I read that HARRY, HERMIONE and RON are 90% fictitious, but 10% base on people she knows".

-RON's 10% is base on her friend whom she says is very loyal

- HERMIONE's 10% is based on herself when she was younger

- HARRY's 10% she hasn't been mentioned....but you will notice that the father to her children bares resemblence.

What did that girl respond to it? I'd be curious to know what she did.

Well I was checking out an Emma site I frequent and I noticed they had a section to Ron under the Hermione category. And they were talking about how Ron is destined for her and all this other stuff, I honestly rolled my eyes while reading it, especially this part:

Its not a coincidence, JK Rowling has even said that theyre love for eachother was so "obvious" and that Ron is like her best friend and she was like Hermione (her best friend is her husband!) So think about it..

Umm.. maybe they didn't notice but even on her site, Jo says that Ron is sorta based personality wise on her friend Sean, and if they didn't know, Sean is not her husband. So that "coincidence" is not one at all.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Not to mention that SHE DIDN'T KNOW HER CURRENT HUSBAND WHEN SHE BEGAN THE BOOKS!

That argument, using it to provide evidence to whatever ship, is ridiculous.

Shannon: Happy Birthday! I you my oldbie Auror sexy goddess! I hope your day is full of joy and happiness that you shall always remember. (Translation: Hire a stripper. You're 20 goddamit! )

~Belle, who is lovin the icons.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY, Shannon!!! I hope you're having a good time, girl!

Trish: Why are you so absent these days? We miss you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarhiliel
That's true. He has the same reaction. And when he gets protective over Ginny, Hermione says ''Big surprise.'', which means she knows he's acting just like he acted when he found out about Krum.
Agreed. I think Ron is just confused. He's only a teenager who needs to mature a little bit more, after all.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top