Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Natalie*
Te amo, mi hermana.

Sé. Estoy alegre, también. (And if ya want, I can post it here. )
Great! Although I think it was time for a change so I did need to make a new one.
Just link me to it please.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rubydh18
Did anyone ask for a banner?

*cough*
Marry me?

Quote:
Originally posted by artist
For all of you Aurors who have already gotten the PoA DVD, watch the Whomping Willow scene where Hermione throws Harry into the tree and then jumps in after him but accidentally falls on him. There's a big "Oomph!". God, I'm sick
I actually wanted an avatar of this scene.

Kieu: Don't worry hun. You know I'm B/A to the death!

And as for the scene where Hermione says "do you wanna get closer?" It is considered R/Hr not because Hermione meant for Ron to get closer, but because Ron, with his crush on Hermione and all, misinterpreted for a split second thinking that Hermione wanted him to get closer to him.

Oh, and another thing. I loved the way Hermione knew that it was Harry that was messing around with Malfoy and his gang. Ron thought it was ghosts or whatever, but Hermione knew all along. *sigh* Hermione just feels his presence...

~Belle
Old 11-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rubydh18
Great! Although I think it was time for a change so I did need to make a new one.
Just link me to it please.
I think so, too. And yes, it was time for a change, for the old eyesore was starting to lose its power to blind some people.

Here, it is.

I meant a link, by the way.
*Natalie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

I loved that banner...

Makes me wanna go back to the old days...

~Belle
Old 11-30-2004, 03:02 AM
Passionate Fan

My list of other ship:
Pacey/Joey
Ephram/Amy
Seth/Summer
Spike/Buffy (Dawn/Spike too! I'm a weirdo... )
Isabel/Micheal
Rory/Jess and Rory/Tristan
I used to be Leo/Piper but I don't watch Charmed anymore
Angel/Cordelia (Angel/Gwen too!)
Sydney/Vaughn
Sanshai/Daoming Si

Can't think of anything else...

I brought back the OotP list. We're not losing it again, oh no!
1) The way Hermione isn't afraid (anymore) of saying You- Know- Who's Name.

2) The way that she bailed on her vacation with her parents, to come see if Harry was alright. She still had the snow in her hair when she arrived!

3) The way that she Hugged Harry so hard when he first arrived at Grimmuald Place that she nearly knocked him over.

4) Because he thought of Hermione and produced a patronus.

5) Because the thought Ron and Hermione spending the summer without him made him upset.

6) Because Hermione was the only one that got him out of his room.

7) Because even though Harry had a date with CHo he still made time for her.

8) Because he didn't think she was ugly

9) Because she didn't think Harry was a bad kisser.

10) Because Hermione was the only one who could stop Harry from flying to save Sirius

11) Because they went in the forbidden forest together.

12) Because Hermione thought Harry was prefect and she was so excited.

13) Because Hermione wanted to protect Harry by pushing him to learn occlumency.

14) Because she appeared in his dream about Cho

15) Hermione trusted and loved Harry enough for pick him as 'LEADER" OF DEFEND OF DARK ARTS..FOR STUDENT OF HOGWARTS.

16) Hermione used a "business like" tone, when she asked Harry "Did Cho kiss you?

17) Harry feel someone toe,..and it was Hermione's.

18) Harry "grabbed" Hermione's robe and pulled her hard to escape with him.

19) Because she stands up to Malfoy for Harry when he is talking about Harry not becoming a prefect.

20) Because it's her voice he hears when he is being "reckless"

21) Because she isn't afraid to tell him the truth, even though it's not what he wants to hear.

22) Because He follows her into the Forbidden Forest without question.

23) Because he is the first person to realize that she is only faking crying when everyone was in Umbridge's office

24) Because eventhough she was too tired to stay at Ron's party, she got a 'second birst' of energy when Harry came in.

25) Because Hermione was the one to know that they shouldn't talk
about Sirius yet

26) Because he stands up for Hermione in front of Cho

ETA I loooved the TRL video! Emma saying: "I remember you" all teasing like was so cute! God, I wish I was an intern too!

Oh! And did you noticed how Dan complained that Emma thought he had a skin condition. He cares what Emma think of his physical appearance...awe...

Icon by me

Last edited by dawnie@; 11-30-2004 at 03:12 AM
dawnie@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Natalie*

It is amazing that such a little four-letter word can have so much meaning, kind of like another word that has so much influence on the books and JK's style.
seriously!

Liv Right...shall we continue over there then?

i love that banner!

*jumps on a hippogriff and soars off the cliff*

Last edited by Time Cannot Erase; 11-30-2004 at 03:36 AM
Time Cannot Erase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hammergal2004
The interview on the DVD definitely had a lot of Dan/Emma body language going on. With Rupert on the side. Emma always slants her body towards Dan and her facial expressions really reveal how much she likes him.
Oh, I totally analyzed the body language between those two in that interview.

Quote:
I think at this point, though, Dan is playing it cool. I read an interview on danradcliffe.com where he talked about girls. He said something to the effect of wishing he had a girlfriend
As we all know, if he were to admit that he had a girlfriend whoever she is be it Emma or someone else<gasps at the someone else thought> anyway, it would make him non-available to all of the girls out there that like him and in the marketing people's eyes this is not a good thing for publicity.
azjdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

I love all you guys. The banner is awesome, the hug scene is definitely not as R/Hr as people would like to pretend that it is, and Emma and Dan have some definite chemistry.

In short: word.
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:01 AM
Total Fan

I got to agree with you all about the hug.. I just believe it was intended to show the connection between Harry and Hermione .

The old banner is beautfiul... Where did you guys get the pics from?

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
MBfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by azjdfan
"Please kiss me now, Dan. Just a little kiss."
"But -- but -- Rupert sitting right there...and we're on tape."
"Oh! Right, then."

I amuse myself.
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Angela, you are too cute!! Love your captions!

This thread is shaping up to be another awesome Auror funfest! Loving all the pics and the discussion.

but alas, I must go to bed now...talk to everyone tomorrow!

SharonK
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
hammergal2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:17 AM
Total Fan

Belle, I know. The olden days were great, both in a good and a bad way. But remember, darlin', there are the present and the future, storing many more lovely banners and great memories.

And since I already posted a link to an old banner, I decided to post some links to a few pages of two old threads, revisiting a part of the summer and fall of last year.

Summer Thread, Page 1
Summer Thread, Page 2
Fall Thread, Page 1
Fall Thread, Page 2

Oy, that latest JCPenney's commercial, the one that plays the chorus of "Let My Love Open the Door," reminded me of when Harry and Hermione first met in the PS/SS. Hermione opened the door to that train compartment, looking for Trevor, unbeknowst to her that she would find the door to something else. And with her love being used as the key, he let her unlock and open that door, setting his heart and soul free from the confinement of that symbolic cupboard beneath the stairwell.

Let my love open the door
To your heart

Hasta luego!

~Nat
*Natalie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's all about Harry II

Time Cannot Erase Glad you liked my posts. Lots of thought-provoking goodies from everyone in the past few days!

Turambar I finally read your friend's essay on Mugglenet and agreed with every word. She makes the point better than I could that it's all about HARRY's romance--and that Ginny can't be it.

SharonK As always I agree with your points about how H and H's relationship has been growing. And I think you're right that H that while Hermione probably knows she cares for Harry at this point, Harryhasn't figured it out yet--despite all the hints he's been getting.

--For example, in GOF Harry learns that Hermione has no less than THREE admirers. Neville asks her to the Yule Ball, which reminds Harry how kind and selfless she has been in helping Neville with his studies. But she goes with Krum, who despite his fame and being older, seems smitten with her, even inviting her to his home in Bulgaria. Then Harry finally notices that Ron has a bit of a crush on Hermione. Earth to Harry: Hermione is a very desirable young woman!

--As for his own relationship with Hermione, he gets hit over the head with it with the Skeeter article and the confrontation with Krum, where of course he denies being more than friends. Then, on the final page of the book Hermione kisses Harry on the cheek, but JKR denies us any clue of his reaction. Does he get the message??? Doesn't look like it.

--In OOP there's no Yule Ball and a lot less romance generally. But we have a near reprise of the Harry/Krum scene, this time with Cho being the one accusing Harry of caring for Hermione. (Is he getting it yet? Maybe not.) So finally, JKR takes a bludger to Harry: she has Hermione struck down in the Department of Mysteries and for a moment Harry fears she may be dead. This time Rowling gives us a peek into his reaction when he finds out she's alive: "Such a powerful wave of relief swept through Harry that for a moment he felt light-headed." And that's as close as we get in Book 5.

--Laura
bluestockinghp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Ruby- You freakin rock! I've added the banner to the opening post!

dawnie- thanks for bringing that list over...I've actually taken up the process of re-reading OoTP to make sure we don't miss anything.

Natalie- I posted that banner as well...it felt quite nostalgic seeing that up again. thanks for those thread links! that brought back some memories!

You know which pic hasn't made the opening post? The one where Hermione and Harry are giving each other the most energized stare as she puts the time turner necklace around his neck...that one SCREAMS sexual tension. i think if any pic deserves to be in the opening post that one does.

Laura- Excellent points! can I get a big fat WORD!

Quote:
Belle said:
Oh, and another thing. I loved the way Hermione knew that it was Harry that was messing around with Malfoy and his gang. Ron thought it was ghosts or whatever, but Hermione knew all along. *sigh* Hermione just feels his presence...
You mean like the time where Harry is sitting on that rock crying his little heart out and Hermione Knows EXACTLY where he's sitting and slowly pulls his invisibility cloak off? *shivers*

Quote:
Ruby said:
Frankly, and this is NOT because I'm an Auror till the death ( :tongue: ), I think Hermione reaching for Ron first was very unnatural. The whole scene was somewhat forced. Maybe because throughout the whole movie we have many instances of Hermione grabbing Harry and then suddenly we're expected to believe that she goes for Ron first?
*monica* I KNOW!

Quote:
Rini said:
Hm. I wonder if you guys noticed: the scene when Harry's running after Sirius and Werwolf!Lupin --- Snape was trying to hold him back but Harry wriggled out of his grasp ---- you see that Hermione is GOING AFTER HARRY and Snape had to hold her back. I thought that was pretty cool and telling about the H/Hr dynamic.
Yeah I totally noticed! they almost have this whole " I will follow you into the depths of hell and back" mantra. And did anyone else see Hermione put her hands on Harry's shoulders giving him a misheivous(sp?) side glance during their first DADA lesson?

Quote:
SharonK said:
I always say I don't ship Dan/Emma but I can't resist trying to analyze their relationship. They just have such amazing chemistry! Especially to be so young!
You have no idea how hard I've been fighting the urge to write a D/E fic...

artist- thanks for those!

ETA- you guys realize this thread has been active for less than a day and already we have three pages!!!
Team Britney

Last edited by Intrceptr350; 11-30-2004 at 04:41 AM
Intrceptr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:50 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks...(artist) for that TRL's screencaps and video..(I can't seem to download that)...but I saw screencaps....and whooooaa....Daniel he is still gorgeous and I love how he untidy his shirt...he look so sexy... and Emma she look pretty too with her hair pull back.

yes,...agree it seem that, Emma's word or comment are really important to Daniel..about what she said about his "skin condition" that is how truely Boy/girl friend should do. They listen to what each other are saying and understand.

I love that pic of D/E from that Extra interview,....it seem like they about to kiss too...and is it me?...or from that picture is Emma holding Dan's right hand?....from that chair. They are so in-love,...I don't care what or who said....

I love all of scene with H/Hr from Poa,..that everyone mention... I do notice,...from that wolf scene when Harry were running after Sirus and Hermione were about to run after him....(but isn't that in book 3 that she were running after him)...why didn't they do that in movie.

it seem from this movie,...Emma/Hermione are join to Harry/Daniel''s hip,...from beginning to end....
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top