Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

@Sharon: that is great about your "Family" are "H/Hr' shipper" I feel same,...when my sister in law now a H/Hr shippper,... after she see that movie.

I think,..everyone will be H/Hr or D/E believer when they see this POA,..because it all about H/hr loves,...and how they are meant to be...
Old 11-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

For all of you Aurors who have already gotten the PoA DVD, watch the Whomping Willow scene where Hermione throws Harry into the tree and then jumps in after him but accidentally falls on him. There's a big "Oomph!". God, I'm sick
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrceptr350
So I have purposal for the fan art freaks...can we get some new banners? Perhaps art work?
You totally read my mind! I was about to offer myself to make banners for the thread. I thought maybe you guys could suggest short sentences or words that define our ship (since that's what the opening post is all about), and I'd make them! What d'ya think?

Oh, and you can also request scenes for the banners.

So, basically you can request anything!

Oh, and thanks for the new thread, Kathy!

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. ~ Edward Thomas
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~ Ovid
imaginary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

I'm guessing this is Dan with all the HP Doubles.

Teehee.
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So I have purposal for the fan art freaks...can we get some new banners? Perhaps art work?
I was thinking that too. I suggested making a banner for the fastest, warmest and funniest thread on the HP boards but no one seemed to have read that. *shrugs* I'll see what i can do here. ^^

Quote:
Typical romantic music! And the bats flying all around. If that's not romantic imagery, what's it, then?
I'm sorry to break this to ya, but they're, uh, bats. Naw, i'm just messing with ya, i think it's pretty romantic too! Way to go on the family bonding over H/Hr, Sharon! I so envy you! Glad you shared!

Quote:
There's a big "Oomph!".
That's what made me gasp really loud at the theather.
New title sugestion ( ) : Cause the "Oomph" says it all(,yo!)!

Yeah, those are some of the doubles! ^^"
Lady_Hatchkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I debated with myself on whether or not to post these musings of mine but I just had to. First off, it goes without saying that I see no other love for Harry but Hermione and especially no other love for Hermione but Harry. I cannot understand how anyone could see Hermione loving anyone else. The reason I see it from Hermione's viewpoint is that there is so much evidence from the books of her love for Harry. Time and time again JKR shows us how important Harry is to her, by her words, her actions, the descriptive words used to describe her facial expressions and her words and of course, the numerous times she has proved invaluable to Harry. Harry, for his part, is slower to realize but that's teenage boys for you. By the end of OotP, though, Hermione's importance to HIM is quite evident in his reaction to her near death in the DOM. That Harry does not yet realize he loves her doesn't matter at this point. 15 year old boys have crushes, not meaningful love thoughts. But Harry is no ordinary 15 year old, he has the survival of his world resting on his shoulders. That's a lot to handle. Hermione has been his saviour, his touchstone, his soulmate since the beginning.

Having said all that, I was curious as to why people would choose to see Ron and Hermione having any kind of a meaningful love. I chose to read some posts on the Sidekicker thread to read their thoughts on just WHY they ship R/Hr. Especially in regards to the POA movie. I have to say it made me kind of happy. Why? Because the reasons they use are evidence of a teenage crush kind of love and primarily on the part of Ron. They use phrases like "the way Ron looks at her", not how Hermione looks at Ron. Good idea because most of the looks she gives Ron border on disgust. She treats him like a sibling...three times in the movie they had an cat/rat argument and to me the words exchanged did not show sexual tension, it was anger. In Hagrid's hut, why did Cuoran choose to NOT show the hug between R/Hr? Because it would have been misplaced. Ron was truly angry over losing his rat and he blamed the cat and to a certain extent, Hermione. I especially liked the scene where the three of them were walking to see Hagrid at the lake (to find out about Buckbeak) and after arguing about whether Crookshanks ate Scabbers, they said "did" "did not" "did". To me that was so funny, just like a brother and sister!

Two other main scenes the R/Hr shippers liked was the arm-grabbing which of course, us Aurors see in a totally different light. Can the kickers not see that she was grabbing his arm out of concern for Harry? Both times?? She grabbed his shirt sleeve and grabbed his arm, both times when Harry was in danger of Buckbeak possibly hurting him. Ron's reaction was to look away with a embarrased look on his face. Didn't seem very romantic to me. The other scene was the scene with them looking at the Shrieking Shack, then Malfoy and gang show up. I really didn't think Hermione meant for RON to get closer, she meant go closer to the Shack, of course that's what she meant. Malfoy then proceeds to insult Ron, then insult Hermione. Interesting to me that when he insulted Hermione, that's when the snowball came flying (from Harry). How does any of this show affection between Ron and Hermione? It's just not there, people. Of course, we know that.

Of course the last 45 min of the movie is all H/Hr. It only shows how much Harry and Hermione mean to each other and if any foreshadowing is going on, it's going on there cause these scenes were definitely enhanced from the book.

So the kickers are excited about GoF. Thinking there going to get a lot of R/Hr. Probably will. But again, that's just what was going on in GoF. Lots of teenage crushing and everyone trying to figure out just what goes on between males and females in the throes of puberty. They seemed to forget that everything that goes on in GoF completely gets turned around in OotP. Ron and Hermione's supposed relationship goes nowhere, Harry and Cho are kaput, and of course Harry and Hermione continuing to deepen their trust and support of each other.

My last comment has to do with something else mentioned on the kicker thread. They seem to think Rupert, Emma, the screenwriter, directors, and JKR herself all support their ship. They have various interview comments to support this. If I were a kicker, I'd be very nervous. The fact that they think this should in itself tell them, hey, ain't gonna happen! There is nothing JKR likes more than being cryptic and she loves a big surprise and big secrets. I would worry if I were a kicker.

I hope no one takes this post as kicker-bashing. On the contrary...I was just musing over their reasons and giving my biased Auror opinion of course on why I think they have it wrong. Actually it's not that they are wrong, Ron and Hermione do have their moments, but it's not love, might be some teenage sexual tension (which I think is actually just Ron having some feelings for Hermione he doesn't know how to handle). I don't worry so much about how the boys are reacting, they aren't clued in yet. More important is Hermione's reactions and words. And she has made it clear to any reader with the smarts to "read between the lines" that it's Harry she loves.

SharonK
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
hammergal2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

aaaaah, Dan in a Ramones shirt!!!!!! I'm in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:41 PM
ABG
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by heaven85

Buffy/Angel
Oh, bless you! I was getting depressed seeing so many people listing Buffy/Spike.
ABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, where to start?

I have been absent in posts, but not in spirit! I've missed you guys and posting dearly, but believe I shall be back on track with the release of the fabulous PoA DVD and the fact that Josh won't be home for three weeks to hog the computer!!

I saw a post in Liv's LJ about how smokin' the last thread was, so I just did myself a little readthrough. Amazing posts. And that article... wow... I tried to be pessimistic (like Trish) and consider the possibility she meant Harry and Ginny, but it just makes no sense.

Love, love, love it!

Other couples:
Dawson and Joey
Ross and Rachel
Seth and Summer
Buffy and Spike and sometimes, Buffy and Angel - depends on whether I'm in a destructive or peaceful mood...

Ok... off for now.

Luke: Dear God, yes.
LittleCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad everyone liked the pictures and my silly little captioning. I'd just like to say, brilliant post, SharonK. I couldn't agree more. Now I have a very important point that I would like to make:

JKR said in her interview on the PoA that when she watched the movie she was really surprised by how much there was in it that unintentionally foreshadowed things to come. Okay, now obviously something as blatant as Hermione grabbing Ron's wrist can't be considered "unintentional" -- so I'm thinking that she must have been referring to the more subtle undertones going on between Harry and Hermione. Doesn't that make sense? She said that when people read the sixth and seventh books, they may look back to this movie and have a bit of an "Ah ha!" moment when they see some of the things in it.

Well, I have more pictures...! Yay. I'll post them in just a moment...
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by ABG
Oh, bless you! I was getting depressed seeing so many people listing Buffy/Spike.
me too. lol I always get like that when all these people like Buffy/Spike. It's not that I hate the whole pairing idea but dont' think that it was so great. They have their moments but it doesn't do it for me.

SharonK- totally agree with you there. Some people think that just because Harry thought thatt he didn't want her to die because it was his fault means that he was just thinking about himself. But it's not what the words are but his ENTIRE reaction that shows how important Hermione is to Harry. Boys are slower than girls and of course it has never crossed his mind that he likes Hermione because he does have so much to deal with right now.
heaven85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Here we are, dears!

Here we have Harry looking very sexy...and Ron looking very...well, um...very Ronnish.

"I can't believe people actually think I like him. I mean, really...are they nutters?"

Perfect...Harry and Hermione standing side-by-side in the foreground, with that redheaded one off to the side somewhere. Ron? Who's Ron?

"Harry, tell Ron to stop bothering us. It's really starting to get on my nerves, the way he's always tagging along."

"Harry, are we about to make out?"
"Yes. Yes, we are." [*snogs*]

My captions aren't as funny this time but just laugh anyway so that I don't feel lame.
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Loyal Fan

The thing is if you take the Harry Potter book series as a whole (so far) the whole Ron/Hermione thing is IN YOUR FACE, yes it is obvious, especially in Goblet of Fire. Harry and Hermione's relationship has EVOLVED, they met on the train, became friends, by the end of book one Harry had already seen how smart Hermione was and how much she could help him. In COS, she became even more important, in the movie Harry even expressed that he needed her now more than ever. He said "we" of course but then again he was only 12! All through POA, GoF and most importantly, OotP, their relationship continues to deepen, trusting more and more, relying on each other, by OotP, Hermione is the voice in Harry's head, she is his conscience.

One thing about JKR, she is the master of subtlety. She wants us to read between the lines, to understand the deeper meaning. The Ron/Hermione relationship is surface, it's all out there to see, there's tension all around. And JKR referred to this as "tension", not "sexual tension". Harry and Hermione, on the other hand, is a dynamic, evolving friendship that has deepened with each book.

I think the movies have reflected this by showing us Harry and Hermione interaction much more tellingly than the books. In the book Harry didn't hold Hermione's hand and rub it with his thumb, saying, "Wish you were here, Hermione, we need you now more than ever." He did in the movie. But in the book he "didn't seem to be able to get rid of the picture of Hermione, lying on the hospital bed as though carved out of stone." The books let us inside Harry's head and there is ample evidence of his feelings for Hermione, just read our reasons. The movies have to show us. I think that's why Steve Kloves has written the H/Hr action the way he has. And why Alfonso gave us the vision of POA the way he did. That's my feeling anyway.

I don't know why I'm posting such long posts!!! I've just been thinking about H/Hr so much lately! No doubt from watching the DVD umpteen times! Can't get enough of it! Hope you guys don't mind my ramblings! I'm just so glad to be an Auror!

SharonK

Angela, your captions are adorable and funny!
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
hammergal2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I love the way Hermione is looking at Harry in this pic.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I totally agree...with you...(SharonK)...all of that you said. but why do you have to tell US THIS,...we know that H/Hr are "meant to be" and R/Hr "is not" you should posted your 'lovely" theory about H/Hr to Kicker thread..instead.

@Angela12: hhahheheh... I love all of your Caption from all of those H/Hr picture, especially this one:
"Harry, tell Ron to stop bothering us. It's really starting to get on my nerves, the way he's always tagging along."

did you guys heard, or read about Dan's hurt his arms?..he was in that TRL''s bit,...and he got on that armed's spring thingy. I just read at Danfan's THread.

I hope not,....
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top