Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Mel. Geee...you are one popular person..to missed...

Gorgeous Wps...of H/hr... Please do more..
Old 10-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by imaginary
Um, I'm quite indifferent to Cho. She could live, she could die, she could tap dance to exhaustion and fall from a cliff for all I care.
Exactly my feelings.

Quote:
The people I want to die are Voldemort and his gang... okay i'm a good girl..
Haha, me too. I want to see the two Malfoys dead. And Voldemort, of course. I don't like villians.

Meeeel!!! Welcome back, girl! I missed your arts and posts. The new FA is sooo pretty!

Old 10-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Hoy! I come to bring H/hr or D/E Wps...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...cttogether.jpg

aren't they most "Perfect-couple"
Old 10-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldRaven
For all those lovely aurors I haven't met, I'm Raven!

*grumbles* Ooh, that Cho... never really liked her to begin with. The only reason I wouldn't want her to die is because of the guilt Harry would feel. Now if she were maimed... Down with Chang!

I'm indifferent toward either candidate... I guess I'll have to see who is supportive of the issues I feel strongly about before I cast my votes.

Anyone have fic recs?
Hi Raven, I'm Wendy. I don't come that much but I should. This thread goes by so fast. Everytime I come back the next thread has started already.

I like Cho, but in Ootp she got too annoying for me. I hope it's a character that isn't important.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 10-23-2004, 12:25 AM
New Fan

long time, no write..

Some posted this on h/hr live journal community...

Quote:
I've noticed something about shippers. Most tend to view the series very differently than the other side.

Someone in a debate thread I'm at talked about how Sirius was a bad influence on Harry (yes, I know it's not shippy, I'll get to that). They said that he was teaching Harry to live in the past. Maybe this is a common thought, I don't know, I don't think this way. Maybe I'm alone in this.

Another thing is that most see Harry as like a workalolic(?). They think he's going to be so busy, too busy for romance. This isn't really a shipper point of view, I've seen this in places other than ship debates. Some say he's going to have little romance, but it's not going to be huge. I don't think it'll be huge, but I don't think it's going to be small either. I think it'll be like H/C in OOTP. It'll come in the right doses, not too much, not too little.

Lastly, most seem to see H/Hr relationship as son/mother or brother/sister. This one confuses me to no end because I fail to see such a thing in the books nor do I see a sign that Harry sees the relationship as that. I fully respect R/Hr shippers (some are very nice), but this reasoning doesn't sound right to me (thankfully, the one R/Hr I've made friends with, I don't think agrees with this idea).

It's interesting. I guess. I realize there would be many viewpoints to HP, but some I don't see where they would get it from.
My reply..very long winded..

Quote:
non shippy : about harry and sirus..I do think sirius wanted to relive the past through harry a little but, because of james. I don't however, think he was a bad influence on him..

shippy: I don't think harry is to busy for romance, I just think now with the prophecy and sirius he'll have alot on his mind than that..I agree with you that if he does have a romance it'll be in small hints. People get too caught up in the romance..of course I would love to see h/hr end up together, but it probaly won't happen in the books. Jkr will probably leave of few hints of future romance like she already has done, but I think she'll leave up to her readers to detremine who ends up with who...

And brother/sister, mother/son relationship? True hermione does have some motherly concerns and thoughts for harry, but that's what a friends does, worry....

The thing that I hate about R/hr shippers point of view is the famous "it's soooo obvious" Is that way you ship them ? because you "know" it will happen? that's kinda boring if you ask me... I ship harry/ hermione because I love how they interact with each other, and their special bond. a quiet romance that goes over time...

True ron and hermione are friends some what, but h/hr's goes deeper.. a "true love" kinda feeling..

As for debate threads? i don't see why people get caught up in those, it kinda takes the fun out of shipping.. Why not just enjoy your couple be on your merry way...
Any thoughts?

Also another person said that she doesn't like the way emma watson plays hermione!
Quote:
. Really, poA was a poor representation of Hermione but it was so full of H/Hr (or rather Dan/Emma) that sometimes I get clouded by it.
I emma watson as hermione, she IS hermione. Just Dan is Harry! No other could play them. I love how they put a little put of themselves into the chracters...

Quote:
I don't blame Emma Watson I guess, but it's just incredibly annoying that she gets into my head and I don't see true!hermione. I see Dan/Emma, which is wrong.
whaaaa?
Old 10-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

wow you are all so awsome! You all really missed me huh? Well it goes both ways!

Mel! You're back! Your art is just gorgeous. Beautiful, beautiful.

Why thank you my dear! I missed you too! You should check out my latest BA art over in the FA forum, I though it was pretty good!

Mel!! You posted! I'm so happy! And you bring beautiful art! I love it! Gorgeous!

Cat! Yep I posted and glad I can mae you so happy! Im glad you liked the art!

Mel! Dude, I totally remember you from the Alias fandom, although you might not remember me. I'm Trish! Welcome back!

Of course I remember you! How could I not? Thanks for the welcome back!

Wha...all this love for my fics. *feels mushy inside* Well Mel, since you've been gone, I was hit up with fic chalenges left, right and centre. You can find them all at my LJ. Enjoy!

*saves Mel's art to her hard drive*

aww Kathy! Your too kind! And I will go read your fics now!!

*sigh*

Mel i have missed your art. your fanart was so beautiful, not to discount others. your new one is awesome. we need some new harry and hermione pictures damn it.

aww thank you! your so sweet! Yeah I need some new pics to work with

Hi Mel. Geee...you are one popular person..to missed...

Gorgeous Wps...of H/hr... Please do more..

hee! Im working on it!

Meeeel!!! Welcome back, girl! I missed your arts and posts. The new FA is sooo pretty!

Sharon Its good to be back! Im glad you liked the art

::bounces off to make more art and read Kathy's fic::
Old 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Ayayayai!

I couldn't really imagine another Hermione and Harry cause I loved the movie before the books...so ye. But Hermione wasn't very bossy in the movie 3 and her hair needs to fluff more... but common! Dan/Emma chemistry ya'll! I can't complain.

Lovely arts! Makes me wanna go out and whip something up as well. lol. *wink*
Old 10-23-2004, 01:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Mel Yep, I'm a Syd/Vaughn shipper, so I see we disagree in that respect, but hey, you can't win 'em all! ly art, btw! gorgemous!

yes, yes, Kathy is awesome under pressure...lol! you write beauitful dearest!
Old 10-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Loyal Fan

WTF!!..what is this about H/Hr being "son/mother and brother/sister" relationship craps, and Emma not being "hermione" (geee,..I really want to curse who wrote that!!)

I agree w/you...(Kat) I couldn't picture anyone who played Harry and Hermione "Perfectly" then Daniel and Emma.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Erin Im actually Sarkney and SV so you have half of me

More art!

Wallpaper:

Manip:

Old 10-23-2004, 02:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh.

I'm watching "When Harry Met Sally" and there's this line that Billy Crystal says.

"No man can be friends with a woman he finds attractive".

I thought that was interesting. Dan obviously finds Emma attractive and sooner or later, they can't just *stay* friends if this is so. Why would he be jealous of someone who gets to kiss her?

And Harry and Hermione - obviously Harry doesn't think Hermione's ugly. And he obviously is attracted to her, though right now it's more a cerebral and emotional attraction, NOT really physical. But as their relationship grows, won't physical attraction figure in to the equation? Hm.. just a thought.

*admires arts*

Dancing Queen!

*icon not mine, credit to maker*
Old 10-23-2004, 03:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Mel ahh okay! lol! And more lovely arts! i'm so happy!! thanks!

They are so meant for eachother...I just don't know how it could turn out any other way...
Old 10-23-2004, 04:16 AM
Elite Fan

you know i say that when the last book comes around and if harry and hermione aren't together that i won't be all upset but i will. i will be upset just because i see them as the perfect couple. they've never even been together in the books yet or anything and i ship them as much as i used to ship max and liz. i mean there are the things with voldie going on, but i'll still be kinda sad that it didn't happen. however, we still do have lori's stories to tide us over.
Old 10-23-2004, 05:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Did any body else feel personally insulted by this?

Quote:
Really, poA was a poor representation of Hermione but it was so full of H/Hr (or rather Dan/Emma) that sometimes I get clouded by it.
virgo-I can almost gurantee it was a R/HR shipper that said it. I think Emma's represenation of Hermione was spot on! The R/Hr shippers that expected an full blow tension match between R/Hr were probably disappointed by the displays of affection between Harry and Hermione...it's one thing to down play the movie...but to insult Emma's acting...*growls*

Quote:

I don't blame Emma Watson I guess, but it's just incredibly annoying that she gets into my head and I don't see true!hermione. I see Dan/Emma, which is wrong.
*growls even more*

The "True!Hermione?"

Do they not understand what PoA was about?!?!? It was the one movie that Hermione had her chance to shine...she can't spend all her time bickering with Ron, or study in the library for pete's sake.

She pops Draco in the face, tells off a teacher, saves Harry's ass AND turns back time to save Buckbeak and Sirius. And so what she shares a tender moment or two with Harry. People have got to understand that there's more to Hermione that "Books and cleverness". She's a human being too! And guess what? It requires emotions!! Dan and Emma have natural chemisrty and this may come as a shock to this person but guess what- so do Harry and Hermione!

It's the reason why Harry pours his heart out to her in PoA, it's the reason why she walked around the lake with him in GoF, and you know what? It's the reason that she was able to get Harry to come out of Buckbeak's room when nobody else (even his supposed soul mate Ginny) could do!

So the next time anyone has a problem with Emma adding a little Heart and soul to Hermione Granger perhaps they should go back and read the books!

*realizes she's breathing heavily*

*downs a SM to calm down*

*sighs*

Right, um...

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed
who wants to give kathy another fanfic challenge? she also performs very well under all the pressure.
*giggles and shies away*

Quote:
Originally posted by Time Cannot Erase
yes, yes, Kathy is awesome under pressure...lol! you write beauitful dearest!
geeeez, you guys.

*blushes so much that her ears are red*

Okay...how about a deleted scene from OoTP...all this H/HR and D/E chem talk has got me thinking.

*grabs Mel's art and runs*

Iola- Totally agree.
Team Britney
Old 10-23-2004, 05:32 AM
ABG
Loyal Fan

*backs up Kathy on the Emma/Hermione defense*
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top