Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 05:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

I love the title. Even though I didn't vote.

One thing that I don't understand is why, if they're worried about the actors begining to look too old - don't they film simultaneously? It's not like they're risking money in case one of the films flops, the HP franchise is a solid profit - it would make more sense. Film two in let's say 8 months, release one every year. Hello peoples?! Use your brains!

Anyway. If they change the actors, they'll shoot themselves in the foot - you can't have an actor playing, no, owning a character for 4 movies, then expect the audience to shrug their shoulders and relate to a completely different actor trying to come in an fill the shoes of their predecessor.

just when the devil reminds me of my past
i remind him of his future
Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 AM
Loyal Fan

speaking in smilies. feh! :P

Quote:
Liv- Somwhere? Like...My LJ?

Quote:
I wonder if he'll dip her

*suddenly realizes she's plunged the thread into gutterville for the next couple of posts*

Quote:
I'm totally moving to Brazil or something. Always wanted to learn Portuguese, and I like the beach, and hot sunny weather, and gorgeous men, and fruity drinks.
Oh w00t! Come! o/

Quote:
But expect lovely H/Hr luuuv with OrgasmicShagRandyGreekGodStallionFic!Harry.
I can't wait!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Here's a bit of a scarey thought...OoTP won't be released in theatres till 2007!!!

By that time I'm sure they'll already be shooting HBP. Which is amazing because that book hasn't even been released, so....I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say the seventh and final movie will be released 2010...

Emma will be 20

Dan will be 21

Rupert will be 22

... and I'll be 29.

Liv- Posted it! I got another one coming though, so stayed tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zira
One thing that I don't understand is why, if they're worried about the actors begining to look too old - don't they film simultaneously? It's not like they're risking money in case one of the films flops, the HP franchise is a solid profit - it would make more sense. Film two in let's say 8 months, release one every year. Hello peoples?! Use your brains!
It's funny when they say the actors are getting to old. Emma is actually a year younger than Hermione during the book timeline. I know Tom Felton is like, 17, I believe making him the oldest followed by Rupert, Dan then of course Emma.

They are all roughly the same age as the characters they play and what people don't seem to get is that they're growing up in the book's as well. Can you imgaine if they changed the actors every year to fit the age profile?
Team Britney
Old 01-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrceptr350
By that time I'm sure they'll already be shooting HBP. Which is amazing because that book hasn't even been released, so....I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say the seventh and final movie will be released 2010...

Emma will be 20

Dan will be 21

Rupert will be 22
that's kinda scary
Old 01-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarhiliel
that's kinda scary
yeah it is I'd be 28 :|
but how old would HP/Hermione be in the last book? 18?
thats just 3 years if Dan and Emma is 21,20
Old 01-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
that's kinda scary
Indeed it is. I'll be 23 and will have a job by that time!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

i was reading the politicalish comments and i won't add anything, i'll just say that i'm wayyyy over on the left with belle on that one.

wow in 2010 i'll be 25..woah. i'll be way out of college, having a real job, possibly even married. wow that's amazing but i'll still love harry potter.

what's really sad is that by then all the books will be out so we'll all have to survive on fanfics! AH! but as long as lori's fics are still around, i'll be good.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Daniel/Emma are in same "Dance Group" and they are "Champion"
http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?ima...callsheet6.jpg

I agree with...(Ioda) it doesn't matter about H/Hr dancing or beening with someone else on screen, it off-screen that matter.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll be 22 In the seventh book, I think they'll be 17...it's not that much of a difference from the actors' ages...
Old 01-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

tar good point. even if they were 25 and play 17 year olds, it wouldn't be so bad. i mean look at spiderman. tobey maguire is perfect for peter parker, but he's is around 27 or so when he played peter in school. the press can shove it.....somewhere when they talk about their ages. GET OVER IT!
Old 01-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ya know technically, the characters are already in their mid twenties if you look at it from their birth years.

Harry (1980) - 25

Hermione (1979) - 26

Ron (1980) - 25

Whoa I just reread those years, and OMG they are older than most of us!
Old 01-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Passionate Fan

thta's just weird. But i'm sure Dan and Emma will be married by then.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Cute ficlet kathy! *begs like Oliver* Can I have some MORE please?

When the seventh movie is finally done I will be 25!
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Aw you guys! Have you seen this? I found it at a H/Hr website:

Deleted Scene from old draft of CoS Script

The DVD deleted scene with the Trio discussing the diary in the hospital wing was in an earlier draft of the film's script just with Harry and Hermione, with some different dialogue:

CAMERA PULLS BACK. Harry sits with Hermione in the moonlit room. Hermione studies the diary curiously.

HERMIONE: Tom Riddle... Hm. And Ron said he won an award fifty years ago?

HARRY: Special Services to the School or something --

HERMIONE: Fifty years ago? You're sure?

HARRY: Yes. Why?

HERMIONE: Don't you remember what Malfoy told you? The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened was --

HARRY: Fifty years ago! That means --

HERMIONE: Tom Riddle was here, at Hogwarts, when it happened. What if he wrote about what he saw? It's possible he knew where the Chamber was, how to open it, even what sort of creature lives in it. If so, whoever's behind the attacks this time wouldn't want a diary like this lying around, would they?

HARRY: That's a brilliant theory, Hermione. With just one tiny little flaw. There's nothing written in this diary.

HERMIONE: It might be invisible ink. (pulls out her wand) Aparecium! (She taps the diary three times. Nothing happens. The pages remain BLANK. She frowns, passes the book back to Harry.)

HERMIONE: I don't know, Harry. But I think you should be careful with this. Something tells me Ron might be right. It could be dangerous.

HARRY: You don't think I'm dangerous, do you, Hermione? I mean, you're not scared. Of me.

HERMIONE: I'm scared, Harry. But not of you.

Credit: Crossing The Line Undrawn

I can't believe I've never seen this bit before! This is so sweet!!! Awwwwwwww! Why on earth didn't they kepp that?!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

@ the GOF trailer coming out in March/april
cant wait, only 1-2 months to go!

and aww @ that COS scene, yes why did they cut that, that would have been so cute to see