Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

I'm a wimp too. I get scared so easily, that's why I prefer not to watch horror movies.

Welcome chandlerbingfan!

Old 03-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Passionate Fan

on the topic of scary movies:

The Ring scared the crap out of me.

CoS was on tonight on CBC, and they did this bit where JK was talking and she said she was very nervous about all the details they put in that movie that forshadows things to come in the last three books (at the time) and the first thing that popped into my mind was THE HUG.
Team Britney
Old 03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

I just had a horrible thought: what if Hermione being petrified was one of the things they forshadowed, like for HBP? I so hope JKR won't take Hermione out of the game ("...still enough damage to be going on with") just to do H/L or H/G. If she would do it like that it'd be really lame.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't know I think a lot of people are reading too much into that line.

The girl is taking ten different potions a day while in the hospital wing. Although it may not have any lasting effects she may have the odd chest pain every now and then but nothing to bad. oooo kinda reminds me of this cookie ir ead once called "scars"...I'll find it cause it's just freakin brilliant.

ETA- Found it! It's the sixth post down. it's by an Author called Paracelsus and it's just so damn good here's the link: Scars

GO READ IT!!
Team Britney
Old 03-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Elite Fan

okay all this talk about evie and rick makes me wanna watch the first mummy again...maybe i will.

to those who haven't seen the mummy movies, GO SEE THEM! they're awesome. they have the mummy thing, but its not scary at all. evie and rick is a great love story, johnathon is hilarious as evie's brother. johnathon and rick arguing and such in the first one and alex and johnathon in the second one is just hilarious.

I LOVE SCARY MOVIES! the ring scared the **** out of me when i saw it in the theaters and i watched it over 10 times and I AM SEEING THE RING 2 DAMMIT! the grudge was really good too.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

LOL, Kathy! I agree, great fic! This is my fav line:

Quote:
"Does it look like anything strange? Lightning bolt? Map of the London Underground?"

She couldn't help smiling. "Kind of like ancient runes, come to think of it."

"Only you would."
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 03-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Monday morning. Too bloody early. Need coffee fix

The Grudge is a very scary film I slept with the lamp on the night i saw it!

Thanks for the rec Kathy, sounds great. Will read when i get back from class
Old 03-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi, I'm Evelina. I'm new to the boards and a big H/Hr shipper! I'm glad to see so many other H/Hr fans!
Old 03-07-2005, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelina
Hi, I'm Evelina. I'm new to the boards and a big H/Hr shipper! I'm glad to see so many other H/Hr fans!
Hi Evelina Would you like to be added to the list?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes please!
Old 03-07-2005, 04:25 AM
Total Fan

Welcome Evelina! *passes over an Strawberry Margarita and Pumpkin Pie*
Proud Arrow #190 and Auror #208
Old 03-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Something I forgot to do last time:

Rini- another cute D/E ficcie!

chandlerbingfan and Evelina- welcome! My name's Kathy by the way *tops up their strawberry Margarita* Probably the only thread with the bar open 24/7...not that we're raging alcoholics or anything

The first time I saw The Ring I told my friend to shut it off after 15 minutes. The part where she finds her daughter dead? Yeah, couldn't fall asleep unitl like 3 am and that was after my lamp being on, a copy of PS hugged tightly to my body and avoiding eye contact with my television in the corner of my room.

about a year later me and another one of my friends decided to have scary movie night and watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Ring back to back. I have no clue what provoked us to do it but we did. I didn't fall asleep until one am and that was after reading a good 2 chapters of HP.
Team Britney
Old 03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

kathy thats hilarious. i saw the original and remade version of texas chainsaw massacre and the original was a lot better than the remake i thought, but neither made me lose sleep. i've watched a lot of horror movies, but i still need to see a lot too. the ring was one of the few that actually affected me. although i don't have a tv in my room so it was easier but afterwards i went to my dads house and its in the country so i ran in because it looked like the yard where the well was a little too much. i also made my dog sleep in my bed with me for awhile because i was paranoid that samara was gonna come through the windows in my bedroom at me.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

'Bout those scary movies...I generally don't like them but "The Grudge" was awesome I never laughed so much in my life, that was a girl right next to me and she was freaking out , she kept cursing the movie and that japanese girl who died and turned out in a zombie

Just remembering and I start laughing all over again

[Auror] [Padoonie]
Old 03-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks! *enjoys strawberry margarita and pumpkin pie*

I don't like horror movies, I'm a big wimp! LOL!