Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

Dude, I'm currently debating with a R/Hr Shipper on the Emma-Boards. I swear this girl is probably #1 poster on Kate's "Wall of Stupidity". Tell me, why is it that some of these people seem to read some interviews of JKR, apparently printed with invisible ink, where she SAYS that H/Hr are never gonna be together? For example, this person quoted this line:

Will Ron and Hermione ever get together?

Well—[Laughter.] What do you think? [Audience member: I think they will]. I’m not going to say. I can’t say, can I? I think that, by now, I’ve given quite a lot of clues on the subject. That is all I’m going to say. You will have to read between the lines on that one.

And then she was like "See? JKR said they'll end up together! I can't believe you're so blind that you even deny it when JKR says it flat out!" I nearly choked of laughter. I must've blinked and missed the "Yes, they will be together" part, obviously. And I'M the one who's blind? Gotta love kids.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Nora, do you mean the e-w.net boards? Cause I post there too sometimes.
but why would she consider that quote R/Hr when she's said the same thing about H/Hr?
Team Britney
Old 02-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrceptr350
Nora, do you mean the e-w.net boards? Cause I post there too sometimes.
but why would she consider that quote R/Hr when she's said the same thing about H/Hr?
Selective memory? And yes, I mean the e-w.net boards. I post there under Auror2583.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Ah HA! I knew that would be somebody from the this thread! I'm Quidditch_Freak lol- I asked if I can snag the banner in your sig!
Team Britney
Old 02-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

LMAO! Small world. Feel free to join in with me and the idiot, btw. Should be fun to see her freaking out and act all offended because we don't agree with her.

*waves to Quidditch Freak*
Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Dude I'm SO there.

*cracks fingers*

I will be gentle though.

ETA- sweet lord you can't be serious...becasue Krum said that hermione talks about Harry very often doesn't mean anything because the entire wizarding world talks about Harry all the time....

dude.
Team Britney

Last edited by Intrceptr350; 02-28-2005 at 08:49 AM
Old 02-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nora*
Dude, I'm currently debating with a R/Hr Shipper on the Emma-Boards. I swear this girl is probably #1 poster on Kate's "Wall of Stupidity". Tell me, why is it that some of these people seem to read some interviews of JKR, apparently printed with invisible ink, where she SAYS that H/Hr are never gonna be together? For example, this person quoted this line:

Will Ron and Hermione ever get together?

Well—[Laughter.] What do you think? [Audience member: I think they will]. I’m not going to say. I can’t say, can I? I think that, by now, I’ve given quite a lot of clues on the subject. That is all I’m going to say. You will have to read between the lines on that one.

And then she was like "See? JKR said they'll end up together! I can't believe you're so blind that you even deny it when JKR says it flat out!" I nearly choked of laughter. I must've blinked and missed the "Yes, they will be together" part, obviously. And I'M the one who's blind? Gotta love kids.
That's the thing, Nora! I've lurked over at the e-w boards and sometimes I feel like a lot of the posters (particulary the R/Hr ones) seem very immature. Silly stuff really. And that infamous R/Hr essay, in a word, ridiculous. I'd better stop before it seems like I'm bashing, it's just I shake my head in disbelief over the "evidence" they seem to present.

And what that person said about JKR's quote? I'm with you about the invisible ink! Cause no where in that quote did she say "flat out" it would be R/Hr. She never has. Sometimes, it's so hard to wait it out, it's like you want it to end, then again it's too much fun to speculate where JKR is going. Course we're probably going to have to wait an age for the final book!

4 and 1/2 months to go for HBP!!

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 02-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
ETA- sweet lord you can't be serious...becasue Krum said that hermione talks about Harry very often doesn't mean anything because the entire wizarding world talks about Harry all the time....

dude.

I KNOW! Told ya this was gonna be fun.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't mind debates I really don't...but...if all you're going to do is talk down to me and call me stupid, then really, what respect does this person deserve from any of us?

And does the phrase SPELL CHECK mean anything to this person?
Team Britney
Old 02-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

you know sometimes i'm curious to argue with a sidekicker as long as we're both using lots of examples and don't get mean and cruel, but those kinds aren't worth it. they're not even trying! if they use that kind of reasoning, we could say that ron WAS a teaspoon in a past life and will never get beyond that emotional range. hahahaha

thanks for the link, i'll go read it now.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And does the phrase SPELL CHECK mean anything to this person?
Don't get me started. I just can't wait for July 16th when the illiterate has to eat her/his/its words.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Kathy, did someone actually say that!!!??

I can't believe it. What in the world...that was a defining moment. *shakes head in disbelief *

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Old 02-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh yes, it was spoken...I weep for the future I really do. I'm sure even some of the kickers here would get a kick out of it.

However, this person wants canon evidence...ladies and gentlemen, load the guns.
Team Britney
Old 02-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
However, this person wants canon evidence...ladies and gentlemen, load the guns.
You go girl! Cause we've got the ammunition!

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Old 02-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

I'm afraid that even when Hermione plants an open mouth kiss on Harry, this person will claim that she must've slipped and landed on his mouth. It wasn't intentional. And the 'kicks' would SO get a kick out of it.

ETA: Dude, Kathy, you're on fire!

Last edited by *Nora*; 02-28-2005 at 09:22 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top