Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Catrina~
I just applied to be a moderator. Yikes!
That's great, Cat! I hope you make it.

Old 11-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Whoa, go Cat! I hope you make it!

I bought my copy of PoA. I haven't watched the actual film yet, just the extra stuff. sort of dissapointed in it, but it's still a agood DVD. They gave me a free watch with it . I also bought Bend it like Beckham for kicks (no pun intended).

Nora- those are some bomb ass fan arts- saved them all to my hard drive!

Quote:
Another thought: Em perfectly knows about the rumors (or knowledge? ) about her and Dan. Now think about what would've happened if she actually said "I want Harry and Hermione to hook up"...oh boy.
Ahh, the power of diversion.

I thought Emma did read OoTP but was having a hard time because the book is so long, or something...but if she hasn't read it...
Team Britney

Last edited by Intrceptr350; 11-23-2004 at 08:08 PM
Old 11-23-2004, 07:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Beautiful fanarts, Nora! I particularly loved the "fear of losing you" one. Great job!

*happily enjoying watching the DVD, over and over*

SharonK
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 11-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Nora those were awesome! the fear of losing you and the first one, forgot the title, were amazing. i loved them
Old 11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by street bunny
Do it?

I find pleasure in picturing you inansely going page by page loking for reasons.
*cough*sisisthatyou*cough*

Just Kidding!

And about Emma's comments...she's a kid. Wait until she gets into that type of relationship for real.

Speaking of "those" types of relationships...

I'M GOING MAD!

Yeah, I'm gone.

~Belle
Old 11-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Posting seems slow, let me guess what everyone's doing.

Watching the DVD???

SharonK
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 11-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrceptr350
Well...thanks Emma....

*is now completely depressed*

*shoves artist off a cliff*

I'm finished watching the whole DVD set. I've just realized what a great filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron is. I mean, even I weren't with HP, I'd still be genuinely amazed by his talent. I really hope that GoF is the same, dark and humorous.

I was a bit dissappointed by the Extras, since there were only a few deleted scenes and that god awful Shrunken Head kept talking throughout the interviews Although I like the "Conjuring a Scene" part. I'm also not too fond of the games; I keep bumping into stuff
Old 11-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Passionate Fan

artist- getting shoved off a cliff is a good thing here!

Does anybody else feel kind of gyped by the interviews? This guy has the chance to ask all these great questions but instead spews out the same questions they've been asked a THOUSAND times before.

ie- if you can bring one thing out of the magic world what would it be?

I mean, come on!

Dan, Emma and Rupert aren't 12 anymore...give a little depth to their questions man. GAH, I need to get ready for work!
Team Britney
Old 11-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

o.k?...here is my reaction to Dvds. Well I saw only Extra,....

1.Interview w/Cruson and JRowing: It was sweet and very insighful..I like when Mrs.Rowing said 'I got goosebumps" when she were talking about "Time turner scene" I guess from her expression that she really like the way D/E or H/Hr did that entire scene perfectly. I don't about you guys,..after I heard that I was "Grinning from ear to ear!!"

2 Unfinished Scene: it has only 5 or 6 of them. from that Great Hall scene I got one problem with that..I really don't understand the word Ron/Rupert said..(it is like he mumble those line...or is it me??) but rest is great. Of course, I like how Hermione keep looking and talking Harry,..it is like she trying to tell him..that Trip to Hogmeade was boring..without him, well it seem that to me.
I also don't get what big fuss about that R/hr fight scene, they can't even fight "right" there are only one line or two and that it, that is "your bloody cat eat my rat" and "that is lie"(God,..Emma and Rupert have ZERO CHERMISTRY FROM THAT SCENE THAT IT MAKE ME WANT TO JUMP UP AND DOWN..LIKE MAD-WITCH)..:p and you will think THOSE TWO WILL going to have "romance" from next movie?...NOT!! And then good part is when Hermione turn around and saw Harry..sitting by fire. I love how Harry/Daniel said that line "he was so close" "I couldn't kill him" w/angst/emotional voice...and Hermione turn to look at him. awww..

3. Interview/Hero: Daniel, he is one hypeactive-funniest-sexiest-most-witty-person,...what can I said about Dan,..that everyone been saying. HE IS GREATEST. Emma, she is like Dan,..very funniest-witty..she always seem to laugh,..when Daniel said something. Those two are just to adorable,..very fun and flirtly pair. How they gave each other answer,..but my favorite part where Daniel asked Emma for help,..about what kind of animal he want her to be...that is most sexy-thing that I ever seen. I really, really don't understand why?..they put Rupert in this interview,..or any interview with D/E, it make me feel sorry for him...(which I am not) it is like again D/E and even interviewer doesn't even know he was there.
(well I didn't have chance to see rest of interview..but I saw one which The twin,..Neville and Devon,..I thought that was nice,..but little bit boring..not compare to Daniel/Emma)

well that is all I have. I didn't have chance to see rest and THE MOVIE...YET.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

You guys!

Exclusive GoF set photos were just sent in and one of them were of Emma!
LOOK HERE!

She's wearing the same exact clothes as in the other earlier set photos, where she had long, straight hair and tried covering it with a jacket. (compare with this)

Remember?

Last edited by artist; 11-23-2004 at 11:45 PM
Old 11-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

hey guys,

I am glad everyone is doing well. Yeah, it's kinda dissapointed when I head that from Emma, but what can we do and just pray the opposite. I bring you an artilce that my sister clipped for me dealing with relationships. In some aspects I disagree, but if this is how relationships truly are than I don't I guess we might as just give up and have R/Hr have fun. Its kinda long so sorry for the long rant. By the way it came from a student of Rutgers University.

"The Highs and Lows"

Why do good girls like bad guys? And why do nice guys like the mean girls? Why do we choose to make the people who we quarrel and have problems with more important than those who are just normal?

Girls like bad boys. We all heard "nice guys finish last," but why is this the case? Why do the good guys always lose out? The guy is a jerk, he doesn't call you back, and he treats you like crap in front of his friends. The common response is, "Oh, he's nice when were alone." Yeah, I bet he is. So why do you put up with his crap?

Your friend fights with you over every little thing, she tells you when you made a mistake. "She just cares about me." Is that what she's doing? If you don't fight with your best friend, then they aren't your best friend, right? How can you be perfectly content in any relationship that breathes?

So why do we like those problem people? One reason we may gravitate towards them is because of the excitement. Everyone loves drama, and fight only leads to making up. We love to win an argument, we love to scream our faces off and say mean evil things we don't mean. We seek perfection, and by announcing flaws we see in our friends and siginificant others, we can bring to attention those things that keep coming to our attention.

No one wants somone who kisses thier feet, we love a challenge. We want the person who won't give us the time of day because then when they do, we have won. And we love to win.

Sometimes your boyfreind eating your last package of cupcakes wouldn't be that big of a deal, but if you are in one of those moods, it could be dramarama time. So you scream, and he apologizes, and the next day you get three boxes of cupcakes- the world is not so complex.

We also fight because it's easier than telling someone how you really feel. Leave it up to the other person to look into the real reason for your outburst, and when they figure it out, everyone can go back to being friends.

The whole loving the jerk thing can be explained by the high-low theory. I've decided it all relates to how they make you feel. If they can make you laugh, they can probably make you cry. The same feeling that you get always gets the same reverse power. For example, you are in love with someone, and they can make you feel like on top of the world. Wonderful. Therefore, they can also make you feel like the world is ending. This explains why the nice guy who never really makes you feel bad can never really make you feel good either. The same is true for guys, the girl is nice, and so since she can't be a bi***, she can't be very amazing either.

The highs always equal the lows. We fight to see what the other person is made of an if they are worthy of our affection or friendship. If you don't fight, it means you don't care. We pick peoplewho affect us. As living humans, we love to feel, to get emotions out of someone is powerful. Make me feel and I feel for you.

ok so what you guys think....Is it true?

sorry for the long post*
Old 11-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Nora and Awesome arts!

I'm really excited about Rubert's comment: "I wanted to play Quidditch once. Dan said it's really painful. Apparently in the fifth one (OOTP) Ron actually plays Quidditch, so that'll be cool."

That means he's set for movie 5...and I can bet the rest will follow also...
Old 11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

i somewhat agree with the article. i think girls go for the bad boys sometimes because they see some sort of mystery with them that they want to figure out. also a girl's biggest flaw guy wise i think is that we think we can change a guy and sometimes you can't. you can't change someone if they don't want to and that's why some girls get in bad relationships. as for the harry and hermione connection, i'm not sure if harry can be pigeonholed as the "good guy". he can't really because he always has this mystery to him, even to hermione. he has this horrible life and is always going through a lot so he's not the normal nice guy. i see xander from buffy in the high school years as the quintessential good guy. he trusted people and let them walk over him sometimes but harry doesn't do that.

on the other hand, the fighting stuff makes sense although i don't think hermione has feelings for ron. i think she loves harry and has had feelings for him since gof with the kiss and the lake and everything else. i think ron does this kind of relationship with hermione and is drawn to her because of the arguing but its not what she wants. they just can't get along. i think that in the books when things start to go bad again, which i know they will, hermione might use ron in a way. she might snog aka make out with him just to be with someone like it, espacially if harry kisses someone else. i think that when harry finds out about it though, she'll stop the relationship, feel guilty and her and harry will get even closer and eventually go out.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Time Cannot Erase
I'm really excited about Rubert's comment: "I wanted to play Quidditch once. Dan said it's really painful. Apparently in the fifth one (OOTP) Ron actually plays Quidditch, so that'll be cool."
I wonder why Dan said it was painful...Is it sitting on a broom for hours too much for him?

And I'm desperate! Mom picked me from school and I asked her if we could stop to buy the PoA DVD but she wouldn't, said she was tired. Now I can't even read this thread because you're all talking about the extras and I want suprises! The worst thing is, I won't have time to go to the mall on my own before...friday night...maybe! I got classes 'til 6 tomorow and I work thursday night!
I can't wait that long!

Icon by me
Old 11-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the good luck Kathy and Sharon I'll let you know how it goes.

Poor dawnie I'm sure you'll get the DVD soon. It's worth waiting for.

Tired now. Going to bed Night and sweet dreams all.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top