Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammergal2004
I need to reread OotP (again!) before HBP comes out. There's so much subtext there, you have to reread to catch all the nuances. Boy, I wish I were writing the HP books...I know how I'd end it!! No question. I don't care how cliched it all sounded. Harry and Hermione are in love. Period.

Sharon K
hee I like your ending

I also didn't feel the Ron/Herm vibe in book 5. Actually it seemed to me that Herm was more jealous of Cho then anything.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 03-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Okay for Ron....I can't see him throwing a jealous fit in book 6 or 7. He's not 14 anymore. Granted there were a few times where Ron wasn't exactley "in the know" as Harry and Hermione were, but Ron has been there fro Harry and i no doubt he'll continue to do so.
Absolutely. But, I don't think Ron is still over his jealousy of Harry. Not yet. I can see Ron stepping up a "Hermione is mine" campaign if he senses that H/Hr might happen. Not because he's a jerk who wants to hurt Harry; but because he tends to react emotionally (and childishly) to things.

Quote:
i hate love triangles more than anything. i think they're just annoying as heck. i think JKR can think of more interesting things to do with the characters than to resort to that. i will be so angry if she goes the love triangle route.
I hear ya, I really do. But, growing up, my best friends were guys. I was often the only girl in our circle of friends, and at one time or another, I had crushes on all of them - and they on me. It happens. The teen years are when emotions run high and you're trying to figure out what those feelings mean.

Now put that into the context of the relationship of the Trio. They've got honest-to-God life and death stuff going on. With a bond that strong, it would be surprising if they didn't start to wonder if the emotions were romantic.

Of course, in the case of H/Hr, they obviously are.

Quote:
Okay, I could be wrong about this...I'm thinking about Ron in OotP. I got more of a vibe in GoF that he was crushing on Hermione but in OotP, it didn't seem as strong. Almost like JKR was gradually working away from that (I know the kickers would disagree, but anyway). So I don't exactly feel like she's headed for a triangle. It just seems too cliched but then again, she could write it in a way that would be original, if anyone could. My gut feeling is that Ron is headed for something else. But I don't know what.
I think you are absolutely right. But I still think that a Trio Triangle is a viable way to work out who is really in love with who - and which "couple" are destined to remain platonic.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-- Einstein
Old 03-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Guys! I have missed you all! (It's only been about 4 days, but still)

I feel sorry for Ron - Hermione's probably one of the only things in his life that Harry doesn't publicly/obviously have dominion over (yet). The word dominion probably isn't the right one, but hey. I do hope that Jo, if and when she goes down that track, Ron will still have some sembelance of dignity and decency left. Oh Ronnikins...

just when the devil reminds me of my past
i remind him of his future
Old 03-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zira
I feel sorry for Ron - Hermione's probably one of the only things in his life that Harry doesn't publicly/obviously have dominion over (yet). The word dominion probably isn't the right one, but hey. I do hope that Jo, if and when she goes down that track, Ron will still have some sembelance of dignity and decency left. Oh Ronnikins...
Don't worry... Luna loves him unconditionally!

-- Einstein
Old 03-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zira
But don't forget, Ron does have a Mum and Dad, siblings...he's always known he's a wizard...these are things I'm sure Harry would love to have. Ron's family may be poor but at least he has one. Poor Harry...he's the one that's really suffered. He deserves every happiness he gets.

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 03-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

ron will have plenty of dignity. part of being friends with harry is dealing with all of the attention he gets, even though he doesn't want it. you just have to realize that if you care about him enough, it doesn't matter. besides ron has things he can do. i think he'll end up being in different classes than harry next year, but i don't know.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammergal2004
But don't forget, Ron does have a Mum and Dad, siblings...he's always known he's a wizard...these are things I'm sure Harry would love to have. Ron's family may be poor but at least he has one. Poor Harry...he's the one that's really suffered. He deserves every happiness he gets.

Sharon K
I agree. Ron doesn't have fame but he has love all around him. He has a family that loves him, and he's not poor in the extreme sense, his family manages to live well, he just doesn't have money for luxuries.

Harry on the other hand would probably give up his name for a home and some love...when he finally found real family (Sirius) he lost it, so if anyone deserves Hermione, it's him, not Ron.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarhiliel
Harry on the other hand would probably give up his name for a home and some love...when he finally found real family (Sirius) he lost it, so if anyone deserves Hermione, it's him, not Ron.
And still, Harry is the one that treats her with respect and love.

Ron has a lot of growing up to do. I'm sure that will happen in the next two books, though.

-- Einstein
Old 03-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

Luna

V. true about Harry. I just don't want to see him (Ron) chucking spacks in every chapter - I mean, he went a little unhinged when Hermione went with Krum, and Krum was detached emotionally from him - I'd imagine his reaction to H/Hr would be twice as worse. Maybe I'm just expecting Ron to react immaturely...and I'm also basing this on Ron's feelings for Hermione...

just when the devil reminds me of my past
i remind him of his future
Old 03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

tar who is that in your avi?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I just seriously want it all to be over. Or we'll be having ship wars till 2008...*groans*
*goes pale at thought*

2008? Bloody hell! I may have died as a result of all the stress and arguments by that time! She can't keep us waiting that long, she just can't! *prays*

And a love triangle? Please for the love of god, no! They just ruin everything!
Old 03-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswellcharmed_2000
tar who is that in your avi?
nathan and peyton from one tree hill
Old 03-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey Aurors!

Had a plot bunny come to me while listening to Beyonce. I've written another fluffy smut-fic!

This one is for KateJ, cause she was moaning about the lack of smut fic lately. Hope you enjoy, Kate, I know you like one-shot smutfics!

If you guys wanna read:

Naughty Girl

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 03-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Total Fan

I just don't see a relationship with R/Hr happeneing .. I know Ron can become more mature and everything but in Ootp they didn't have that special bond for me to say.. "It's definitely Ron/Hr.. I don't know just my thoughts.. also setting up a love trianle is not a good thing and it's too cliched it makes it so boring and unoriginal (at least to me)

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

i am totally reccing this new fic i've been a little obsessed with called harry potter and the acceptance of fate. i found it at fanfiction.net and its so good. this fic is perfect for this thread right now because its basically book six and it has harry and hermione happen pretty quickly and wonderfully and also deals with ron and hermione as well quickly. go read it!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top