Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Yaaaay Cat! ^_^ I'll send ya some stuff in a sec. ^_^

Quote:
but wasn't there a rumour we already had one, under the protection of Sade or Delilah?
There's always that rumour, but Sadé and Delilah both vanished from the boards. Ç.ç We should start our own. But it has to be well organized and according to the progression of the book. o_O" That's my opinion, anyways.

^_^

Last edited by Lady_Hatchkoff; 10-05-2004 at 12:18 PM
Old 10-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I went through the book and posted some reasons many threads ago but I can't find it now...

Here's a few from the first few chapters:

1)Because Hermione had thrown herself onto Harry with a hug that nearly knocked him flat.
2) Because Hermione was still beaming when she let go of Harry.
3) Because Ron said Hermione was going spare worrying that Harry would do something stupid.
4) Because Hermione looked positively faint with anxiety when Harry entered the kitchen.

There's been some good discussion so far on this thread but it is so much more fun just to talk about Harry and Hermione!

SharonK
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 10-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hammergal2004
I went through the book and posted some reasons many threads ago but I can't find it now...

Here's a few from the first few chapters:

1)Because Hermione had thrown herself onto Harry with a hug that nearly knocked him flat.
2) Because Hermione was still beaming when she let go of Harry.
3) Because Ron said Hermione was going spare worrying that Harry would do something stupid.
4) Because Hermione looked positively faint with anxiety when Harry entered the kitchen.

There's been some good discussion so far on this thread but it is so much more fun just to talk about Harry and Hermione!

SharonK
Ooh, nice start for our list! And amen to that! Harry and Hermione are much more fun to talk about!

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. ~ Edward Thomas
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~ Ovid
Old 10-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Liv - I'm trying to reply to you on Gmail but i keep getting a message saying the system was unable to perform my operation and to try again soon. Oh well. I'll have another go in a minute.

Re the reasons list: I think Rebecca (Little Tiger) made up an excellent one threads and threads ago. I'll dig around and see if i can find it.

*is off to try and e-mail Liv again*
Old 10-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Caroline- Thanks for that interview, I've been wanting to see that.

Quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldRaven
Kathy, how bout they "take a walk" on a cloudy saturday afternoon. Just threw something out there.
To say the least...

*ponders*

I think I can do that. However when I hear "take a walk" I immediatly think of the walk around the lake in GoF.

Hmm I think that's deleted scene material.

*runs off to write*

Oh, before I do I think it was Delilah that had the list. she's still around but I think she lurks. Feh.

And one more thing. What the hell is gmail? I'm assuming it's another form od MSN or something?

ETA- Cat- Got your e-mail. You're totally welcome sweettie! Did you want more?
Team Britney
Old 10-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And one more thing. What the hell is gmail? I'm assuming it's another form od MSN or something?
It's a new e-mail service provided by the search engine Google. Hence Gmail. It gives you 1000MB's of storage space, stores you e-mails as conversations and a whole bunch of other stuff i haven't had time to learn about yet!

I got the e-mail sent Liv T'was just my computer being stupid.

Quote:
ETA- Cat- Got your e-mail. You're totally welcome sweettie! Did you want more?
Well i wouldn't say no if you had anything else to send to me! If you like you could send it to my new address: catrinastar2004@gmail.com

Loved the Yethro art you sent me btw! Too gorgeous! it's my new desktop!

ETA: *jumps off cliff and is saved by LeatherWearing!Angel*
Old 10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey guys

I know none of you bashed anyone.
I just wanted to remind you that we mods want to keep this board free of shipper wars.
So if you feel provoked or offended by anything that the Sidekickers say or do, I would ask you to just ignore it.
At the same time I ask you to do nothing to provoke or offend the Kickers.
If you ever feel a Sidekicker (or any other shipper) is bashing you, please let us know so we can solve the problem. Peace

Again, I'm not accusing anyone. Just hoping to keep this board a friendly one.

By the way... I'm a secret sidekicker and I'm proud of it - AND I usually find your thread titles funny.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

so the sidekickers are freaking out over the title? oh well. you know just make sure that everything is still peaceful. myself being an oldbie, i can remember when we hated the sidekickers with a passion. just go to our old old board that belle and i use to moderate and that iris started, you can see what it was like then.

i miss the oldbies like belle iris, flor, maria, ruby, heather, etc, etc. i miss talking to you all in chats on the weekend. now i don't have a freaking curfew..haha last time we did a chat like that i was still in high school and i couldn't stay up that late. wow how things change.

kathy- i would LOVE to read a story by you of harry and hermione walking by the lake. or even better, maybe in sixth year have them go back to the lake and have harry and hermione talk all intimate again. ohhh that sounds really good.

also i got a challenge for anyone out there: writing what hermione's reaction would be when she hears about the prophecy.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

*pushes satrina off the cliff into the arms of her hunky man of choice*
Old 10-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed_2000
so the sidekickers are freaking out over the title? oh well. you know just make sure that everything is still peaceful. myself being an oldbie, i can remember when we hated the sidekickers with a passion. just go to our old old board that belle and i use to moderate and that iris started, you can see what it was like then.

i miss the oldbies like belle iris, flor, maria, ruby, heather, etc, etc. i miss talking to you all in chats on the weekend. now i don't have a freaking curfew..haha last time we did a chat like that i was still in high school and i couldn't stay up that late. wow how things change.

I AM AN OLDBIE TYVM. Number 25 on the list for gosh sakes! And if my damn account hadn't gotten deleted I'd sure have more than 600 posts!!!
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 10-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed_2000
so the sidekickers are freaking out over the title?
They shouldn't. If they are freaking out over a title, it means their faith in their ship isn't as strong as it should be. I mean, I get that they like Hermione and Ron bickering, but we don't. It's a simple question of opinion. We weren't trying to bash or make them look bad or not respect their ship. I mean, their own thread says JK is a kicker. And she never really told her opinion on which couple she wanted. Plus, it's only normal that our thread title represent our opinion of this ship, since this is a thread for H/Hr lovers.

Icon by me
Old 10-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Passionate Fan

uh huh, kickers got a warning too.

Quote:
Well i wouldn't say no if you had anything else to send to me! If you like you could send it to my new address: catrinastar2004@gmail.com

Loved the Yethro art you sent me btw! Too gorgeous! it's my new desktop!
Er...does your old address still work? But I can send it to your new one of you prefer.

Yethro is a bomb-ass artist. Have you seen his work for Lori's PoU? Well you're about too, I'm sending it asap! Check your gmail!

Quote:
Originally posted by dawnie@
If they are freaking out over a title, it means their faith in their ship isn't as strong as it should be. I mean, I get that they like Hermione and Ron bickering, but we don't. It's a simple question of opinion. We weren't trying to bash or make them look bad or not respect their ship. I mean, their own thread says JK is a kicker. And she never really told her opinion on which couple she wanted. Plus, it's only normal that our thread title represent our opinion of this ship, since this is a thread for H/Hr lovers.
WORD!

Quote:
kathy- i would LOVE to read a story by you of harry and hermione walking by the lake. or even better, maybe in sixth year have them go back to the lake and have harry and hermione talk all intimate again. ohhh that sounds really good.
Well Shannon, it's on the way. Deleted scenes are sort of hard to write because you can't go to crazy with them, it has to match with the rest of the story. For example you can't have Harry and Hermione randomly snog in the middle of it...kinda throws off the tempo of the book itself, so you quite literally have to put yourself in JK's frame of mind when you write it.

Quote:
also i got a challenge for anyone out there: writing what hermione's reaction would be when she hears about the prophecy.
Hmm, I've read a few one shot fics with that. Hermione is such a hard character to write...I almost wish I had a copy of Emma's essay (wouldn't that be the best reference EVER?). But, I shall try!
Team Britney

Last edited by Intrceptr350; 10-05-2004 at 06:14 PM
Old 10-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yethro is a bomb-ass artist. Have you seen his work for Lori's PoU? Well you're about too, I'm sending it asap! Check your gmail!
Thanks Kathy! I'm gonna go check it now!

Looking forward to the fic as well.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Loyal Fan

But I have a question, don't we "freak out" or rather get a bit angry when we see a sidekick title that is clearly dissing our ship? Sorry I understand their "freaking out"... Isn't that just a bit hypocritical? or maybe i'm just overreacting...

Well JK Rowling did update her FAQ... I'm just hoping that she'll post the release date of HBP soon... but I highly doubt it...Well the good news is that the HP POA Launch Party has a date! Hopefully we'll have some D/E pictures!! !! I hope we also get some GOF pics or maybe some more script... The HP world seems a bit dead lately..
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

hey rebecca! yeah we kinda do the same thing but i think i'm a little hypersensitive myself about sidekickers and aurors not getting along with how bad it was before.

holly- there you are! i never posted around the same time you did the last couple days but you are an oldbie...most definitely. i know you've been around for a long time.

kathy- you're just a fanfic writing machine! i write some little things myself but i never finish them. but writing within a deleted scene is pretty hard but you can use the wonderful thing that is foreshadowing. it is more fun to have harry and hermione kiss and all that.

also, hermione is a complicated character. that's why she's my favorite character. she has so many different facets to her personality. if someone needs a good example of fanfic hermione, its lori's. lori's hermione is what i picture hermione being in the future. she has her values and morals and opinions but she can also kick your sorry little ASS if need be.

i love being an auror! our little argument discussion things are so much fun.

also...GO RED SOX!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top