Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2004, 06:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

loquacity: heey a fellow Guardian Angel! Unless you're not and just know the name... I shouldn't really make asumptions.

Nora: love you to bits and bits for that post with the paralel to "Little White Horse". I never read the book, but it actually connects with the paralel I made to "The Little Mermaid" yesterday.

I always thought of Little Mermaid as a bit Harry/Ginny, probably because of the physical resemblance. However, as I watched it yesterday, a few things caught my eyes that have to do with Nora's post and some discussions we had before.

I'd go into all the its and bits I noticed, but I'd bore you, so, I'll stick to the main point: Max. You know, Eric's dog? Well, the minute he sets eyes on Ariel he likes her, licking her and the such. Later on, Max is the one to lead Eric to HumanAriel, and makes a fuss around them, obviously telling Eric "she's The One!!!". When Max meets Vanessa a.k.a Ursula, he growls at her in obvious dislike. And at the end, Max is in the middle of Eric and Ariel when they kiss.

Now, anyone remember what we talked about Crookshanks? His prediletion for Harry? How he jumps at Harry's lap so Harry would stroke his ears? And how we never see Crookshanks being friends with Ron, even after the Scabbers incident? And anyone remember how Hedwig went to Hermione to make sure Harry got a gift, even if Hermione was abroad at the time? And, surely, we all know it was Harry and Hermione together who rode Buckbeack.

So we have the symbolism of not one, but three animals. Plus Pig flying around them, as mentioned in Nora's post. I think three is good enough, uh?

Gaaaah, I talk WAY too much! See ya!

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. ~ Edward Thomas
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~ Ovid
Old 07-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Banned

Hey there Aurors. Shy newbie here making her first post on the forums!

My name's Katie. I'm 17 years old and i live in the UK. And i'm a fanatical H/Hr shipper! It's always been H/Hr for me, ever since the first book. And i'll ship them no matter what happens. They're SO obviously meant for each other!

Now that the intro's done, here are my details for your list:

Miss Granger or just call her "Katie"
AIM: MsHermionePotter@aol.com| MSN: HarryPotterLover@msn.com| B-day: August 22nd.

So, thats me! Nice to meet al of you!
Old 07-15-2004, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Welcome, Katie!

imaginary - I never read that book, but it sounds interesting! Thanks so much for sharing!

Hey, how 'bout we use this for the next thread title:

"Because even Pig, Crook and Hedwig feel the love!"

Gotta love those animals.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Welcome aboard, Katie!

Nora! Yeah, gotta love 'em...

ETA: my oh my, now doesn't this remind you of anyone?

Eric & Ariel

No? Really? Then let me refresh your memory...

Harry & Hermione
(copy and paste the URL to a new browser to see it, HarryLovesHermione.com doesn't allow direct linking) ~ Sade

And the interesting part is: Eric and Ariel get married at the end. (and now I'm done with my obsession, honest!)

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 07-15-2004 at 10:36 AM
Old 07-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MissGranger
Hey there Aurors. Shy newbie here making her first post on the forums!

My name's Katie. I'm 17 years old and i live in the UK. And i'm a fanatical H/Hr shipper! It's always been H/Hr for me, ever since the first book. And i'll ship them no matter what happens. They're SO obviously meant for each other!

Now that the intro's done, here are my details for your list:

Miss Granger or just call her "Katie"
AIM: MsHermionePotter@aol.com| MSN: HarryPotterLover@msn.com| B-day: August 22nd.

So, thats me! Nice to meet al of you!

HI! i will add ya right away!
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 07-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Banned

Hi Nora, Imaginary and Hollytiger

Nice to meet you all

Imaginary - The Little Mermaid was one of my favorite films when i was younger. Those two pics do look startlingly alike.

Quote:
Hey, how 'bout we use this for the next thread title:

"Because even Pig, Crook and Hedwig feel the love!"
I don't know if i'm allowed to vote on thread titles, with me being a newbie and all, but if i am i vote for this one. It's really cute!
Old 07-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi MissGranger! *feels very... McGonagall*

And of course you're allowed to vote! I vote for that one too.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
Yes, this makes total sense. I completely agree Sharon.

Especially since Hermione kissed Ron so easily. Okay, wouldn't Hermione kissing Ron go totally against what lame evidence the sidekicks think they have with Ron and Hermione having a future romance?

IF they think all the constant, ANNOYING in my opinion, bickering and fighting are true signs of sexual tension, then WHY could Hermione have given Ron that kiss so easily? See the contradiction there? If we are to believe the sidekicks that this fighting and bickering is sexual tension and the only way that R/Hr can express their supposed more than friendly feelings for one another, then WHY could Hermione so easily have given Ron that kiss? The answer.. SHE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HAVE GIVEN RON THAT KISS SO EASILY if you believe in the sexual tension theory. But yet, the girl had no problem giving Ron that kiss. Hee. DOES NOT AT ALL add up and completely punches down the theory. Thus, proves that Hermione does NOT have romantic feelings for Ron. Which totally rocks in my anti- R/Hr heart.
Yes! I know if there is all that sexual tension than why did she kiss Ron? I believe that Hermione didn't kiss Harry... Although people said that Hermione kissed Harry at the end of GOF as a sign of telling him "I Like you!" But i interpret more as a sign of "i'm glad you're still alive" kiss and a confort kiss... I don't think there's sexual tension between H/Hr until OOTP.. I am a firm believer that hermione did NOT kiss Harry when she said, "You too Harry--" The dash signifies a change in a significant thought? Why the change? Maybe because Hermione recognizes her feelings for Harry and decides to not kiss Harry... Am i grasping straws?

Nora- WOW!!! that's strong evidence for our ship!! I'm happy! hehe

Hello Katie!! Welcome to the Aurors board!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 07-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

I can only recommend you all to read through some theories at Portkey. Seriously, those people are figuring out stuff that I couldn't figure out even if it kicked me right in the face. It's just....amazing.

Here's the link: Pumpkinpie's Army
Old 07-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Tiger
I am a firm believer that hermione did NOT kiss Harry when she said, "You too Harry--" The dash signifies a change in a significant thought? Why the change? Maybe because Hermione recognizes her feelings for Harry and decides to not kiss Harry... Am i grasping straws?

Grasping at straws or not, you're all starting to make me rather happy that it didn't say Hermione kissed Harry too!!

Luke: Dear God, yes.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eyesthere
I can see why Dan said Rupert grew more than the two of them, he's HUGE!!! Is it the camera angle or am I starting to see a young Hagrid?
::whispers::It could be that Dan and Emma aren't very tall and Rupert does have a year's growth on Dan
There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly.

- Patrick Overton
Old 07-15-2004, 09:07 AM
Passionate Fan

As someone said above, what a great day to be an Auror! All of these theories and symbolisms are great, especially Robin/Maria--Harry/Hermione link. I hate that I can never come on here and contribute any of my deeper thoughts but I'm always sneaking onto FF in my spare time and don't really have time ot come up with anything any post it
Old 07-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Banned

Hi Little Tiger!

I just wanna say you all have the most awesome theories on H/Hr. They're a pleasure to read and give me great confidence in our lovely ship. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for that link Nora - I love H/Hr essays
Old 07-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Katie! Good to have ya around sista!

You're a C/A shipper too? Well you officially rock!

Quote:
As someone said above, what a great day to be an Auror!
I said that And it sure is!
Old 07-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes it's DEFINATELY a great day to be an Auror! And Katie, you can call me Holly. That is my name after all.

OMG! the Little Mermaid! I LOVE that movie! *gets into her crabby mode and sings*

The seaweed is always greener, in somebody else's lake! You dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake. Just look at the world around you, right here on the ocean floor! Such wonderful things surround you, what more is you lookin' for?

Unda da sea, unda da sea!!!
Darling it's betta down where it's wetta
Take it from meeeee
Up on the shore dey work all day
Out in the sun dey slave away
While we're devoting full time to floating
Unda da sea, ha ha...

*ducks a few flying tomatoes and grabs the roses thrown on stage and darts off*
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top