Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

sharon if it is, we're all completely dilusional and extremely weird. i love this couple to death. i know i'm gonna be really disappointed if they never get a chance in the books.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed_2000
sharon if it is, we're all completely dilusional and extremely weird. i love this couple to death. i know i'm gonna be really disappointed if they never get a chance in the books.
Me too. But honestly, after reading and analyzing OotP, I can't help but feel optimistic and place my bets on H/Hr. I've always loved the couple, but only after reading OotP was when I realised there could not be other logical possibility.

Old 07-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

A couple things that will always strike me in OOTP that definitely prove that Hermione likes Harry in more than just a platonic way is the way she acted whenever finding out about Harry and Cho's first kiss. She acted distant, and extremely dull. Not at all happy for her friend in the least. And also the infamous frown on her face when initially finding out. What did Ron have.. Mingled curiosity and What did Hermione have? A FROWN. Look at the comparsion of reactions from Ron and Hermione. Ron is jumping up and down and is genuinely excited for Harry while Hermione is distant, off in her own world, with an instant frown on her face when first learning about the kiss. JK certainly did not need to include that frown on Hermione's face. She MEANT for Hermione to be frowing and she meant to show the differences in reactions from Ron and Hermione during this. VERY TELLING.

The other thing that strikes me is how Hermione conveniently planned a meeting with Harry during his date with Cho. On Valentine's Day on top of it all. I mean, Hermione could not have waited until Harry and Cho's date was over later that evening or even planned the meeting the following day. Nope, HAD to be DURING the date. Hee.

Cho's jealousy of Hermione is also key. In fact, the pattern that JK used in GOF with Krum being jealous of Harry and Hermione and then in OOTP, it is Cho's turn of being jealous of Harry and Hermione. Isn't that pattern mighty convenient? I think JK is trying to make a point, don't you?
Old 07-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Back...

Hi everyone... I'm back from my little jaunt to the beach and just wanted to drop in and say hello! It took me a little while to catch up on everything y'all have been posting since I left... nice work!! I love seeing all the goodies... I'm halfway through my re-read of OoTP and am steadily hunting out the H/Hr clues... for now, though, I gotta go to bed... It's almost midnight and I have my first day back at work... UGH!!

Oh, but I do love how Professor McGonagall notices in the Professor Umbridge chapter and says something about "At least you listen to Miss Granger..." don't have my book handy, so I don't have the exact wording, but I found it funny that she noticed!

Anyway, the brain's too tired to think much more! See you guys tomorrow!

Brooke

Luke: Dear God, yes.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

What the hell is THIS?

TeenHollywood: Can you predict one thing in the books for each of your characters that you think will happen?
Daniel: (looking at Emma) We two are going to get together. That’s my prediction.

He never said that, did he? Cuz I'm pretty sure he said he thinks R/Hr are gonna get together....unless he misunderstood the question and talked about themselves.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Sibs! And welcome all newbies! I'm Tina, hello all!

Cho may be a bitca and all, but at least she's perceptive about our couple, who can forget her "darling Hermione" comment? I'm re-reading OOTP and when he's scheduled to meet her in Three Broomsticks, he's quite worried about Hagrid but before he has time to dwell on his thoughts about it, Hermione's voice distracts him and he immediately makes his way to her. And she's rather defensive about his love life to Rita Skeeter isn't she? Wilpen, now that you mention it, I can totally see Hermione scheming to break Harry and Cho up. And McGonagall's a secret shipper.

Kathy! *screech* You got your motorcycle! Max's bike!!!

*bewildered* Did Dan really say that? Um, okay. Wow.

to you all!

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Night all
There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly.

- Patrick Overton
Old 07-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cool! Y'all used my title suggestion.

Ah, Aurors are quite the thinkers, eh? Much to comment on...

Quote:
what future harry and hermione moment are you most eager to see and read? in other words what's a moment you're looking forward to see in the movies from gof or ootp and a book moment that has yet to happen
movie-wise (both from OotP): (1) the heated fight between H/Hr - D/E's chemistry will have a chance to shine here; (2) Hermione falls after being hit by the mysterious spell and Harry's reaction - I love 'crazy-with-worry-over-Hermione' Harry.

book-wise: Harry telling Hermione about the prophecy.

Quote:
hmmm... Audrey Hepburn... I never noticed the resemblnce between her and Emma before.. but I think I remember my Fonzie saying something about her being the "next Audrey Hepburn" or something like that.
I recall reading one other review (from AICN, I believe) saying the same thing about Emma. She definitely has a feistiness about her, but also grace and an enchanting screen presence. A future powerhouse, she is. Emma rocks.

Quote:
Oh, just putting my 2 cents in on the conversation about who's funny. Personally, I think Hermione is the funniest. Her humor is clever, and she's so smart that you never expect half the things that come out of her mouth. It makes for a more unexpected laugh.
I agree.

bluestockinghp - Hi and welcome! Your thoughts on the trio hug scene makes total sense. Excellent post; enjoyed reading it alot. And please don't ever apologize for long-winded posts. We're Aurors, and we always have alot to say, haha.

Quote:
As others have said, Dan and Emma are just too hot together, aren't they? It will be easy for them to show their obvious affection for one another, difficult if they're not allowed to!
Wonderfully put, hammergal (love reading your insightful posts, by the way). They are very hot together. From the earliest film to now. Kinda strange saying that about them, young as they are...but it's the truth. I hope their chemistry will be allowed free reign and used to its full extent in future HP films. It would be a tremendous waste if not.

Quote:
Erm... guys, is it weird to be completely and absolutely in love with a fictional couple? If it is, then I'm proud to say I'm a weird and freaky girl.
LOL, Sharon. Right there with ya.

Hi and welcome to all the newbies!

~stormy
Old 07-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

I added people to the list. If I accidentally forgot someone, feel free to scream at me. Just lemme know.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote from Nora:
TeenHollywood: Can you predict one thing in the books for each of your characters that you think will happen?
Daniel: (looking at Emma) We two are going to get together. That’s my prediction.
----
hehe...all I want to said is:
DANIEL IS SOOOO "BUSTED!!"

hee..I think it true about what Daniel said...because I read that same answer..from some other interview that Daniel did..whoooa!! yes...H/hr will be together in fictional and in REAL LIFE.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Nora*
What the hell is THIS?

What the what what what? Errr, as much as I'd love that to happen, I think Dan thought 'your characters' meant 'you'
Proud Arrow #190 and Auror #208
Old 07-06-2004, 06:14 AM
Extreme Fan

*pokes head in*

Remember me? Sorry I haven't been around in forever, but a lot of things have been keeping me away (mostly work). It's like the olden days! I can't seem to keep up with threads!

Going back to a question from the beginning of the thread, I'm looking forward to seeing the whole relationship play out. I don't want it to go like "Oh, I just realized I love him/her. Lets get together!". It seems so cliché and I hope that if JKR decides to go this path, that she'll write it much more interesting than that.

Oi! Belle's back?!? Why haven't you been on AIM or posted here you git?

I htink it's time for an Oldbie Revolution!

*evil laugh*

~Nic
Old 07-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Just wanted to post some cute goodies:

TeenHollywood: Emma, can you comment on having to hug Daniel in the film?
Daniel: (warning her) Be careful (everyone laughs).
Emma: Okay. For starters it was cringe having to hug somebody in front of 300 kids and everybody else in the whole entire world but it was okay. He was really nice about it. You would think he’d be like "ewww, get off me" but he wasn’t. It was very nice.
TeenHollywood: What about you, Daniel?
Daniel: I was thinking "ewww, get off me". No I wasn’t. I was cool with it. I didn’t mind it at all.

Q: OK, Ron, tell me about Emma.
RUPERT: She´s really clever.
DANIEL: (interupts) Yes!
RUPERT: Really clever, and she has got a good sense of humor. If we pull a prank on her, she might cut us off.
DANIEL: No-- She´ll just hurt us.
(More laughter)

Q: Now who is going to get Daniel?
DANIEL: Whoever it is, be really careful.
RUPERT: He is really funny, and he´s clever.
DANIEL: And you are kind. (They all laugh. As Emma is about to begin, Daniel leans over and bores his eyes into her.)
DANIEL: No pressure! (note from me: me thinks Emma saying the exact same thing in the same situation in Japan was an inside joke between them, since Dan laughed at this )
EMMA: Dan is the kind of guy you can make run 20 miles and run back again, join the army, stay there for three years.
DANIEL: Are you saying I´m stupid?
EMMA: Then tell him to climb Mount Everest and he´d come out saying, "Hey, can I do that again?" He´s just so enthusiastic. However long the hours were or however school was, he always had a smile on his face.
DANIEL: Unless it´s math.
(laughter)

Dan: (on Emma's broken wrist) I felt so bad! I still feel bad.. I can't believe I accidentally knocked her off the stairs, and she broke her wrist! I feel bad still.

Jerry: Secret Number One: The kids who play Harry, Hermione, and Ron are as tight off-screen as they are on. And take a look, *cut to Emma messing with Dan’s hair* could Emma Watson have a hairstylist role in her future? What was she trying to do, change your hairstyle?
Daniel: I don’t even know anymore.
Jerry: You don’t even ask?
Daniel: No, see I just kind of...let her do it because, you know, she does like it.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Love the quotes, *Nora*

I love this one:

EMMA: Dan is the kind of guy you can make run 20 miles and run back again, join the army, stay there for three years
DANIEL: Are you saying I´m stupid?

You gotta love Dan!

And this:

Dan: (on Emma's broken wrist) I felt so bad! I still feel bad.. I can't believe I accidentally knocked her off the stairs, and she broke her wrist! I feel bad still.

Aww, bless him!

Where did you get the quotes from, btw?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

Tracy, I got them from here.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top