Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2004, 10:25 AM
New Fan

George and Fred are so funny! the things they come up with are priceless! I loved it when they tried to get through the age barrier in GoF.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Loyal Fan

C, l'autrevoisinedepalier - Congratulations!!! and

*Nora*- Thanks for starting the thread!!!
Quote:
'Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher,' said Harry loudly, 'there was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head.'
Yeah! I ed Harry in that part... Correct if I am wrong, but wasn't he partially defending Hermione?

Quote:
And as he thought this, the scar on his forehead burned so badly that he clapped his hand on it.
'What's up?' said Hermione, looking alarmed.
'Scar,' Harry mumbled. 'But it's nothing....it happens all the time now...'
None of the others had noticed a thing. [...]
I this part! I think it sums up in a sentence that Hermione is or will become the closest thing to Harry! I wonder why JKR put int that nobody else had noticed it!!

SeekerOfTruth
Quote:
Most people tell me that Ron is the funniest guy out there...
I think Ron's hilarous, but I think George and Fred are funnier... those weasleys!! They always make me laugh

BTW everyone....

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 07-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

ATTENTION! Drawing of the day!

http://pgw.girly.jp/bs/p/Gift/gft_10.htm

Merlin, did i LOVE that one! *.* *just went drawing hunting* ^_^

Oh and Chloé, they're from Paris. ^_^ Oh, and congrats on your test! \o\ /o/
Old 07-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

newbie greetings ;)

hi all i've been lurkin here for abt a month now & i've finally seen POA.. so, i've decided to come out of lurkdom a bit & show my luvin

honestly, i've not read the books or seen the 2 earlier movies before.. but, just recently i'd rented SS & COS & i actually hated myself for dismissing the 2 movies way back then.. now, with POA i'm definitely hooked & am in all the Auror moments.. & planning to buy the books set..

i really enjoy coming here & reading the posts.. all the great discussions going on.. tho' i can barely catch up @ times but i do try not to miss all the lovely pics posted..

i can't post often but i'll always be around.. i best be off now.. back to .. later all..
Old 07-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey!

Okay i just seen POA yesterday. It's awsome..i loved it. Anyway i know i'm a bit late but can i be added to the Aurors list? Harry and Hermoine definetly have something going on. They'll end up together (well hopefully). So that leaves Ron..Hmm...
I'll kill who you hate, take off that dress, you won't freeze
Old 07-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

@Nora: thanks..for having another H/Hr wonderful thread...love that title.. and that link that you posted...it doesn't work!!

@SeekerofTruth quote:
Nora, Harry is one of my favorite characters. Most people tell me that Ron is the funniest guy out there, but I just love the things that Harry says.
---
Harry is my favorite too...well DUH!! (why else do I come here...or read all of about "Boy who lived who happen to be Wizard-Hero and save the world from evil" from author JKRowing for?) or maybe it DANIEL. anyway,..I always thought that Harry chap is funny but not in a "comedy-kind-of-way" he got this witty sense of humor-boyiest-chaming-rudeness-to him...that I love.

I don't think Ron is that funny at all,...(I thought he was iddiot, igoring..o.k I said enough) and yeh....I love Fred and George in book an movie...they really make Harry's world fun...they are only Weasley that I like... (well, expect for father Weasley)
Old 07-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Hmm, I'm really bored, any good fanfic you recommend?

Old 07-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Welcome x*Brooke*x and bloominluv
Thanks for starting a new thread Nora
Harry is one of my favorite characters too, he can be the hero and also a normal teenager. All the HP characters are so well written that its difficult to choose only one.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Passionate Fan

I love the drawing Lady_Hatchkoff

welcome brooke! We know each other from the greenies thread I think!

I thought I would have miss a couple of page since I was gone for the day...oh well!

Icon by me
Old 07-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

hey all! really good title and now i have a question.

what hp moment in the books are you most looking forward to? for me, there's harry and hermione kissing for the first time. i'm really curious how jkr will write this. i'm also weirdly curious of how she will show ron and hermione in the next books..i know weird.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Loyal Fan

*giggles like a school who drank too much "special" punch*

aaaawwwwwww... I LURVE this title!
I think I'll just marry it!

But really, it's so true. Many an instance in the books, you'd "see" them looking at each other and instantly they'd know what the other was thinking.

It's just one of those things that just makes you believe that they're "meant" for each other and if they don't end up together in the end, your heart would bleed for the "lost love"...

*sigh*
I just love this couple.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this article, and I thought I might share it with 'all... it's basically about the trio growing up, and well, there was this quote:
  • The 14-year-old Radcliffe is playing Harry at 13, but half-grown into striking cheekbones and into a steady, blue-eyed gaze, could pass for an older, angrier, more troubled teen. As his rival for the affections of Hermione, Grint is now a bulkier boy, but it’s the transformation of Watson that makes the movie into an equal opportunity case for teen heartthrobs: the handsome, clean-scrubbed Radcliffe is matched by the feistiness characteristics she’s growing into. (She’s the first young actress I can remember observing that she both throws a good punch and resembles a latter-day Audrey Hepburn.)
hehehe... they see the brewing love triangle! Me likey!

hmmm... Audrey Hepburn... I never noticed the resemblnce between her and Emma before.. but I think I remember my Fonzie saying something about her being the "next Audrey Hepburn" or something like that.

Does this make Dan the next Cary Grant?

somehow manages to squeeze in her love, Fonzie, in her post yet again,
~ Sade
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 07-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi all Happy Fourth of July to everyone and especially the Americans Fireworks

So anyway to the point of my post. I had recently re-read an answer that J.K. put at her site in response to the question: "The prophecy Harry hears in Dumbledore's office suggests to me that both he and Voldemort will have to die, is that true?" And her response was:
"Both Madam Trelawney and I worded the prophecy extremely carefully and that is all I have to say on the subject!"

And in OotP page 841 American version it says: '...and either must die at the hand of the other...' well I just looked up the exact definition of either in Webster's Dictionary and it says that either can mean both as well as one or the other and my reaction was Anyone else feel a little jipped by J.K.?
There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly.

- Patrick Overton
Old 07-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Wheee! Newbies and lurkers coming out of the shadows! Nice to meet ya Brooke and bloominluv! I'm Livia, but you can call me Liv. ^__^

Quote:
aaaawwwwwww... I LURVE this title!
I think I'll just marry it!
Sadéééé!!! *flying tackle hugs*

Loved the article! Thanks! And... Emma's so purdy. I totally, completely, utterly love her with all my being.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

i really don't think the prophecy means that they will both die. besides, if that was true, we would know the ending and that would be no fun. when i read it over and over in ootp, i kept thinking that it meant that one of them has to die for the other to keep going. if harry dies, i'll be so depressed like one of my best friends has just died.

sade- PLEASE GOD NO NO NO NO i HATE LOVE TRIANGLES! they're horrible and stupid and retarded. i really hope that jkr is smarter than that. i know she is and that she can tell the story of harry and ron's lovelives without them being all testosterony on each other.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Passionate Fan

hey sadé!
Been a while!

Icon by me
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top