Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

The bunny art is just too adorable and funny!

Oh, I'm about to read the essay on the "beginning" thing. (ETA: it wasn't an essay at all! awwww...) JKR sure is a sneaky one, isn't she? *wants to hug her anyway and say "thank you so much for Harry and Hermione!"*

Okay, have you all read this essay yet? No? WHY THE HELL NOT?! It's one of the greatest essays I've ever read and, rest assured, I've read a lot of them... So if you for some reason have not read it, do so. Now.

Oh, and Nora!

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. ~ Edward Thomas
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~ Ovid
Old 07-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Hey!

I see you've fallen in love with that essay, too? It's so convincing that I'm now actually banging my head against my lamp (Dobby-style) for ever thinking Hermione loves Ron.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Don't hurt yourself!

Yeah, that essay has gotten me under it's spell.

It was so inspiring that it got me opening word to continue my own (first) essay. And now I'm thinking I'll never finish it. The more I write, the more I have to write.

And, Dobby, "I forbid you to hurt yourself!"

Harry's so cute!

Old 07-30-2004, 12:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by imaginary

Okay, have you all read this essay yet? No? WHY THE HELL NOT?! It's one of the greatest essays I've ever read and, rest assured, I've read a lot of them... So if you for some reason have not read it, do so. Now.
Um. Wow. So, just remind me to re-read that next time I'm feeling a bit pessimistic about H/Hr.

Oh... and I've got a new LJ layout as well. You've all been changing yours up and I got inspired...

Luke: Dear God, yes.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

I saw your new layout just now! It's so prettiful! Me loves Gilmore Girls...

Okay, crazy unidentified insect is looking downright threatening down. So I'm off to bed to escape from it's piercing gaze and noise wings.

Old 07-30-2004, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Morning gals

Quote:
JKR stated in an interview (shortly after GoF came out) that Harry would end up with someone who was there from the beginning.
I remember this quote. Someone who's been there from the beginning can only mean Herms or Ginny. And i don't see it being Ginny, since JKR is not one to dive in to things without significant thought and character development first. Up till this point all we know is that Harry most likely sees Ginny as "his best friends sister" and no more. To plunge them in to a relationship now would make no sense whatsoever. So that really only leaves Hermione in my opinion.

Trish - Thank you SO much for linking to that essay. It may be one of THE best essays i have ever read. Now i see that GoF is way more pro H/Hr than i first thought. I shall take note of all those points mentioned the next time i re-read it. And of course the rest of the essay was excellent also. When you read evidence written down like that everything becomes blindingly clear. It's like something snapped in my brain and i thoughT "OH MY GOD! OF COURSE IT'S HARRY THAT HERMIONE LOVES! IT'S SO OBVIOUS!" That essay is the first essay i've read that's ever prompted a reaction like that. It's definetly saved to my Favorites so i can read it any time i need a pick up.

Quote:
Okay, crazy unidentified insect is looking downright threatening down. So I'm off to bed to escape from it's piercing gaze and noise wings.
I know the feeling! Yesterday i had a bluebottle of massive proportions buzzing around my bedroom. I got my dad to come and get it for me and he smushed it with the newspaper!

I'm off to grab some brekkie girls. Catch ya later.

*goes off for food, still in awe of the most awesome essay ever*
Old 07-30-2004, 04:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by imaginary
Yeah, that essay has gotten me under it's spell.
What a brilliant essay. And hee, now you've got me singing "Under Your Spell" from the Buffy musical. That song could very well be an Auror song, it's absolutely gorgeous. Though, um, the subtext is slightly naughty.

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

all

That essay is just fantastic, I can't believe how well the author has written it. I mean they have managed to completely put into words what made me love Harry and Hermione. It's just brilliant - I wish I could think and write like that.

Nora, very interesting theory about 'The Beginning', I hadn't realised the significance of the chapter title, or even noted the one in OOTP. It certainly makes you hope and wonder that it could be the beginning of a deeper level of relationship with Hermione.

Oh and yay for Harry/Hermione winning couple of the week!

Have a great day everyone!

#142 OBSESSED JB FAN
Roswell Dreamer & Candy lover
Old 07-30-2004, 08:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Catrina said
Quote:
It's like something snapped in my brain and i thoughT "OH MY GOD! OF COURSE IT'S HARRY THAT HERMIONE LOVES! IT'S SO OBVIOUS!" That essay is the first essay i've read that's ever prompted a reaction like that. It's definetly saved to my Favorites so i can read it any time i need a pick up.
I know!! I had this huge grin on my face as I read it. And good idea! I think all of us Aurors should have it in our faves...

loquacity: LOL I hadn't even thought of that song. But now I'll be singing it 'til doom's day.

Uh, I have to go for lunch and *gasps* nap. 11 is much too early an hour for me to wake up.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:50 AM
ABG
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by loquacity
What a brilliant essay. And hee, now you've got me singing "Under Your Spell" from the Buffy musical. That song could very well be an Auror song, it's absolutely gorgeous. Though, um, the subtext is slightly naughty.
yes, very naughty. such a naughty song in contrast to amber's beautiful voice. It was like "whoa, did that just come out of her mouth?"

Speaking of the musical, I was re-reading HWATF from the PoU series and Lori used a line from the musical so well. When Giles sang "I wish I can lay your arms down and let you rest at last" I got goosebumps, and to have Hermione say that to Harry... well, it gives me chills.

It so much fun reading the PoU series aside from the fact that it's the best H/Hr fic ever, I love that Lori is a BTVS fan. You can pretty much go through and identify all the buffy quotes.

Anyway, I read Lori's LJ and she says she's working on chapter 11 of HWATF (YAY!), but I was looking for the little sniplet she posted awhile back. The one with Hermione and Allegra. Does anyone have a link?

I just felt so bad for Hermione in the last few chapters that I felt I needed to see her kick a little ass.

Last edited by ABG; 07-30-2004 at 10:43 AM
Old 07-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Extreme Fan

hollytiger, your sig says that you're a Claymate! Have/are you going to see him this summer? I saw him July 10th, and it was an amazing concert!

About "The Beginning" in GoF, I also read that post on Portkey this morning. That board is so cool. They have the smartest people there. Makes me proud to be an Auror. (And also too intimidated to post ). It does make sense (if JKR's supposed quote is true about Harry being with somebody from the beginning) that she is referring to that chapter, especially when you pair it with her quote about the last scene of GoF being significant.

At this other board I belong to, most of them are Sidekicks. If H/Hr is supposed to be the "obvious" choice according to other ships (and we all know JKR prefers not to take the obvious route), then how come everybody ships R/Hr? Maybe I'm generalizing here a bit, but from personal experience, it appears that those who have not read Harry Potter but have seen all the movies tend to lean toward R/Hr. Perhaps because R/Hr is made more obvious in the movies. Somebody said on this board (or maybe it was Portkey) that the movies are basically fanfiction. I completely agree.

My friend loves the Harry Potter books, but she's also a Sidekick. Her reasoning? "They'll make cute kids."

Wow, hard-core evidence there! She convinced me.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AlyssaLuvsClay
Maybe I'm generalizing here a bit, but from personal experience, it appears that those who have not read Harry Potter but have seen all the movies tend to lean toward R/Hr.
I agree. My mother, my sister and all my friends think it'll be R/Hr and they never went to a HP board or read one theory. They read the books, but if you don't know that JKR is a sneaky writer and loves to work with symbolism and clues and stuff, you'd think it'd be R/Hr as well. I'll force them to read an essay soon, though. <evil laughter>
Old 07-30-2004, 10:48 AM
ABG
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AlyssaLuvsClay

My friend loves the Harry Potter books, but she's also a Sidekick. Her reasoning? "They'll make cute kids."

Yeah, well, they wouldn't be as cute as Harry and Hermione's kids.

Oh, and the essay, the essay is brilliant. I love it. In the end, Harry's gonna need someone who can take care of him. He's too busy taking care of the rest of the wizarding world, but he'll need someone to play his hero. If he ends up with anyone, it'll have to be Hermione. Who better to take care of the Hero than the girl who's been doing it all along? Hermione was written to fill this roll. The title of Harry's Hero belongs to Hermione. I'll have words for anyone who says otherwise.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Passionate Fan

hey pumpkin_auror,
I don't get the "symbolism much?" reference about the pumpkin on the wp.

Icon by me
Old 07-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
yes, very naughty. such a naughty song in contrast to amber's beautiful voice. It was like "whoa, did that just come out of her mouth?"
I thought that as well. Such dirty undertones compared to Ambers sweetness was pretty weird!

dawnie - The H/Hr ship is collectively known as the HMS Pumpkin Pie on the Net. So that's where the pumpkin reference is from.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top