Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tracy
I'm not the most prolific poster here but I'll give this question a go.

I have to admit that I didn't read the books until I saw the first two movies - I remember before I saw the first movie everyone I know who'd read the books (and knows I'm a big shipper) was like "You'll definitely be shipping Ron/Hermione" so I went to see the movie fully expecting to be a R/Hr shipper after it. But I found myself loving the H/Hr relationship - the "you're a great wizard you really are" scene just made me smile in that crazy shippy way I know we all do.

After seeing the movie I mentioned to people who'd read the books that I thought I might be a H/Hr shipper and they all told me that in the books it's definitely R/Hr. I didn't really think much of it and then I saw the second movie - I was still undecided on who to ship at that point - then I loved the first scene between Harry and Hermione in that movie and basically every scene they had together. People were still telling me the R/Hr was the ship I should like though so I was still undecided. Then I finally decide to read the books and although I do like some of the R/Hr moments I like the H/Hr moments a lot more.

Add the great on-screen chemistry Dan and Emma have to the scenes in the books and then add those to the comments I read in this thread and you have me being a H/Hr shipper.

Okay, I may have rambled slightly there. Sorry.
first i wanna say everyone

me too as you (Just tracy) I saw SS and CoS movies first before i read the books , i started to see H/Hr as couple after i watched CoS movie, more especifically after I saw H/Hr at the end, i don't know how to explain but that hug was really especial and not just a hug, but i was suprise when my sister said that R/Hr like each other ,i was like huh?? of course my sis is not into Harry Potter, but i was really suprise about her comment . Then i bought myself all the Harry Potter books and of course now Iam a 100% believer that H/Hr are meant to be
Old 01-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letty
You can’t direct chemistry, you can’t create it, and you can’t fabricate it.
Indeed, my dear. It just is. Now, some people will try to create it, but in all reality, it's futile, 'cause when they do, it normally looks forced. And when it's forced, it beats the purpose of creating it in the first place, well, 'cause it isn't natural, among other reasons. Point blank, chemistry just happens. (But of course, it happens for a reason, which I shan't elaborate upon, 'cause my head hurts. )

Then again, it's futile to tell this to some people in the first place, 'cause most of them would most likely already have their minds made up. And then again, it's futile to even think you can tell someone that, because it's futile before it's even started. And then again, it's futile for me to even be typing this.

Then again, if people want to try to create, to think it's plausible, so be it.

Last edited by *Natalie*; 01-13-2005 at 08:26 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Answering k46's question:

I actually didn't get into HP until after seeing the SS/PS movie (and not by choice really. It was a field trip and I couldn't turn down a chance to get out of school ) and I thought the H/Hr chemistry was really cute. I started reading the books and I was originally partial to R/Hr *ducks flying veggies*. However, after re-reading PoA (my favorite book), I noticed how much potential there was behind a H/Hr romance and not R/Hr. And the rest is history.

Quote:
Could you imagine if today would be actually tomorrow, and therefore, yesterday would be today? But then, yesterday would also be tomorrow and today, and today would be tomorrow and yesterday. And the present would be in the future, as well as the past in the present. Therefore, we could be reading Book 6 but JK wouldn't have wrote it, yet she'd be writing it.
Erm... Uh... yeah. I agree with whatever you just tried to say there Gnat just for the sake of it

~Nic
Old 01-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Niccin*
Erm... Uh... yeah. I agree with whatever you just tried to say there Gnat just for the sake of it
*nids* I'm just a science and a sci-fi freak. Both of them help me to think "outside of the box."

And the really cool thing is that we can defy time mentally. If someone wants to relive the past, they can. If they want to imagine what the future would be like, they can. But the ironic part is that physically we shall always be in the present, even if they time travelled to the past or the future. They'd still be in the present physically, although figuratively they'd be in the the past, the present and the future. Just depends on whom you're talking about.

Erm, I really need to shut it.

Last edited by *Natalie*; 01-13-2005 at 08:50 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh Joie! that is one BEAUTIFUL layout! And those desktops and icons are gorgeous, as always! (btw, is allways with two l's right? o.o")

Quote:
I'm really grateful to her
Aaww! Glad i had a finger in it!

Oh, I started digging into H/Hr when Trish wouldn't shut her pumpkin pie hole about PoU. She kept pushing me to a corner and whispering about how FANTASTIC the fic was (is!) and everything.. Then i just read all the books again and thought "Ok, H/Hr'd be SO sweet!!"

Last edited by Lady_Hatchkoff; 01-13-2005 at 09:25 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Catching up:

Belle: very interesting mythology post!

But, hm, didn't like say she'd based her Hermione in a character from Winter's Tale and not on Helen's daughter? Maybe I'm out of it, but I remember seeing something in those lines...

Nora: I've just finished downloading your vid, I'll give ya an ETA when I watch it.

And as to when I started shipping H/Hr: the first book. Oookay, not shipping them, they were ducklings, but thinking "this relationship will be one helluva journey, I can feel it". And so I eagerly waited for Harry to embrace the friendship of that bushy-haired little girl he seemed to notice so much. And then he said "Hermione!" and made Ron go with him to save her, and they became friends, and Hermione hugged him and I was like ooooh!

So, yeah, from the very first moment, I believed in the potential and beauty of the H/Hr relationship. From there to shipping it was a mere little skip.

ETA: Oh, I started dinging into H/Hr when Trish wouldn't shut her pumpkin pie hole about PoU.

*giggle* you're welcome!

And Nora, loooved your vid! SO SWEET!

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. ~ Edward Thomas
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~ Ovid

Last edited by imaginary; 01-13-2005 at 09:00 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginary
Catching up:

Belle: very interesting mythology post!

But, hm, didn't like say she'd based her Hermione in a character from Winter's Tale and not on Helen's daughter? Maybe I'm out of it, but I remember seeing something in those lines...
Well, ain't that just swell, because Shakespear based HIS Hermione on the Hermione of Ancient Greece...

So either way, this Hermionse is relevant.

Hermione has become a name synonymous with love triangles.

Felipe: I you! Thanks for answering my question! Now when I read fic, I'll sit there, be critical and all "Boys don't curl their toes!"

But its quite a shame...really. You're missing out.

*still hopes Dan might be outhere somewhere wanting to chime in...*

Chime in whenever you want Dan.

Speaking of orgasms...have you noticed that in every single fic Harry always makes Hermione orgasm? Its like...damn boy! Superpowers there! I would totally like to give Fic!Harry a try.

Except for this one fic I read...and it wasn't even first time sex. I thought it was sweet though, Hermione was all "It's ok, I just love being with you..."

*sighs*

~Belle

Last edited by *Circe*; 01-13-2005 at 09:44 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is the second half of my post I posted a while ago. Didn’t want to scare you all off with the length of my post so I spit it up and waited for a new page to start so I wouldn’t seem so dorky.

Joie Your talent never ceases to amaze me. Amazing fan arts.

*Natalie* I agree with you. I'm a huge huge snob when it comes to chemistry between actors. I can only name at the most 5 onscreen duo's (and one of which have worked and honed their chemistry together throughout their 20 years of working together) who I think are worthy of saying 'they have unique chemistry together'. So for me to admit that Dan and Emma have chemistry is a big thing for me because I've never seen people their age with their chemistry and rapport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ” Intrceptr350”
One of the first fic I read was an R/HR one...something about them getting busy in the prefects bathroom- how Hermione just threw herself at him, and through out the entire time I'm reading this I'm thinking "...what about Harry? And Hermione doesn't throw herself at anyone."
I read several R/Hr fics as well and the main things I seem to notice is the extreme absence of Harry and Ron has had a complete character change because all of a sudden R/Hr are having deep meaningful conversations without yelling at each other, Ron is extremely contemplative and just so anti canon Ron which just shows even further that canon Ron and canon Hermione just couldn’t work without an extreme character makeover. Plus despite my posts before I enjoy bickering couples and banter but what Ron and Hermione does is not bantering or bickering. They flat out fight with each other. I recall posting the websters definition of bickering and it was no way near what R/Hr do. Plus I checked out the book moments between R/Hr that kickers listed for evidence and just by looking at those quotes from the books shows how they are not flirtingly bickering. Just check out the words JKR uses to describe how R/Hr talk to each other and you’ll see phrases such as (and keep in mind these are all during Ron/Hermione interaction):

said Ron scathingly.
sneered Ron. (this word is usually used for Malfoy/trio interaction)
shouted Ron.
yelled Hermione;
Ron yelled back.
said Hermione waspishly. – which I looked up in websters dictionary which I will paste at the end of this post.
said Ron impatiently.
said Ron angrily.
snarled Hermione.
said Hermione nastily.
Harry got tired of hearing Ron and Hermione sniping at each other that he…..”
“They (R/Hr) did not stop arguing all the way…”
“They argued all the way to the common room…”
“…that Harry got so tired of hearing Ron and Hermione sniping..”

Is it just me or does that just not sound very flirty, sweet, or romantic? Heck it doesn’t even sound nice.

Those are just a few (very few) of the many times R/Hr are talking to each other and JKR uses so many negative words in which R/Hr respond to each other. Obviously they aren’t like this all the time but all this ‘bickering as flirting’ reason the kickers use just doesn’t work for me because what R/Hr does is not bickering or cute or flirty.

And the one that even had ME saying “ouch poor Ron”:
“If you want to worry about anyone, Hermione, worry about me!” (Ron said to her in OOTP)
“You?” description of what’s going on here…..”Why should I be worried about you?”

That last one was just harsh poor Ron. I think he was pulling a Hermione (you should have told her how ugly you think I am) and it just blew up in his face. He was fishing to hear that she worries about him but she inadvertently told him she doesn’t, which I’m sure she does as they are friends but unconsciously I think she’s too busy being worried about Harry and that just slipped out.

Now compare all those negative words to the words JKR uses for H/Hr interaction and you see a huge difference and you see just how worried and anxious Hermione is for Harry’s well being.

Oh and I know this has nothing to do with H/Hr evidence but I just thought it was funny and I would like to think (although I'm sure it's not true) that this was JKR’s way of telling us its going to be H/Hr by using the R/Hr’s slogan and using it for H/Hr…

Hermione telling Harry he should teach them DADA:
"Isn't it obvious?" she said. "I'm talking about you, Harry."

Waspishly definition:

Quote:
resembling a wasp in behavior; especially : SNAPPISH, PETULANT
2 : resembling a wasp in form; especially : slightly built
- wasp·ish·ly adverb
- wasp·ish·ness noun
Then I looked up those two words and:

Quote:
Snappish -1 a : given to curt irritable speech b : arising from annoyance or irascibility
2 : inclined to bite <a snappish dog>
Petulant-, petulans; akin to Latin petere to go to, attack, seek -- more at FEATHER
1 : insolent or rude in speech or behavior
2 : characterized by temporary or capricious ill humor : PEEVISH
- pet·u·lant·ly adverb
Old 01-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about Dan and Emma...I adored them in the first two movies but seeing them grow up in POA just blew me away! Their chemistry is amazing for such young actors and they have grown into those characters so well. Add in the fact that they are both amazingly beautiful(!) people and well...I just love 'em!

Reading OotP was wonderful, it cemented the relationship for me and then I read the fanfic POU trilogy. That really sealed the deal, what an amazing fic! I have that fic saved cause I never want to lose it, I love the way Lori wrote H/Hr. I really don't think JKR could do much better. Hopefully she will, though. I'm counting on her to give Harry his happy ending...he so deserves it!

I wonder how much JKR reads stuff on the net about her books. She must be amazed at the depth of the analysis of her characters. I would be. I'm always astounded by the brilliance of some of the fans who come up with the wonderful theories and such. And I'm amazed at the wonderful fanart, vids and fanfic that the world of HP has spawned...it's phenomenal! It makes me proud to be part of this amazing world, especially because there are so many of us and so many different ages and occupations and such...it's like bringing together a world of different people who share a common love! It's global!

Of course my favorite folks are the Aurors! Not only do we feel the love but we're so damn smart! And talented! All you have to do is cruise through our thread to see why! Love to all!

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 01-13-2005, 09:22 PM
New Fan

Hi, all aurors !!!

for these months, I have been spied the aurors' threads ... now I decided to join your community

I'm also a H/Hr shipper

ooo my gosh ... you all so active ... yesterday I'm still read page 11 on thread "learning auror dance" and today just in a few hours the new thread with 5 pages already

I love the title "even in his dream, hermione is there" ... JKR really must has hidden plan by doing it in OOTP, don't you think so?!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Passionate Fan

This thread just started today and we've blown through nearly 5 pages.

thestral- welcome! My name is Kathy and we're always glad to have new members. *passes out Strawberry Margarita* And yes the Auror dance is awesome!

I popped over at JK's website and re-read what she wrote about Hermione's character. She said some people have a hard time saying Hermione's name properly at first ( although now with the movies out it shouldn't be a problem) and she cleverly taught us all how in GoF when she taught Viktor Krum to say her name properly at the Yule ball. That made me think....what else has JK done with Viktor to tell us something?

" I vont to know" Krum said, glowering," vot is there between you and Hermy-own-ninny"..."she talks about you very often."

*squees her head off*

Letty- awesome post once again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe
Speaking of orgasms...have you noticed that in every singel fic Harry always makes Hermione orgasm? Its like...damn boy! Superpowers there! I would totally like to give Fic!Harry a try.
Yeah, fic!Harry is quite the stallion!
Team Britney
Old 01-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

thestral, WELCOME! YAY! A NEW AUROR!

Bloody hell guys! I go to sleep and the next day there are 10 new pages or a new thread already. By the way, I'm loving the title.

I'm really sleepy guys so I'm gonna go to sleep and post some more tomorrow. Don't forget me ok?

Love you all.

PS. HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIDEKICK'S THREAD TITLE?

OH! ONE MORE THING. THE SCENES THEY LEFT OUT FROM THE POA MOVIE AND LET ME TELL YOU... IT MADE ME REALLY MAD:

WHY DID THEY CHANGE THAT SCENE?!

Last edited by HermionePotter; 01-13-2005 at 09:43 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 09:46 PM
New Fan

AURORS, you're all amazing ... the fanarts, the discussion, etc

I love H/Hr ... 4ever ... even if JKR not make it happern as canon in the books, I would still ship it

btw, there are your fellows need your help in forum acciofirebolt ... the thread of H/Hr supporters have been 8 threads, while H/G's been 10 thread, and R/Hr's been 30 threads ... WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP THERE
the link is www.acciofirebolt.com ... and then you could go the forum ... after you register, you login and then you could go to POLYJUICING section, and you see SHIPS section ... H/Hr supporters' thread named "H.M.S STAG and OTTER"
Old 01-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Thestral! Welcome to the thread! Beware...we bite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermionePotter

PS. HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIDEKICK'S THREAD TITLE?

I think its quite sweet. What?

It was a very good find on their part, and I commend them for it. Quite clever.

~Belle
Old 01-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thestral - welcome to the board!!

When did I become into H/hr. For me its since the beginning but I actually started with book 4 because I just started reading it to see what the big deal was and then I was like, its really good. I never really saw r/hr at all. Then the movies cemented for me as well because Dan/ Emma's chemistry. I also agree that chemistry is there or it isn't. Not everyone who is together in real life have good chem on screen. They should NEVER force it.

Letty - loved the post

gotta run and study.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top