Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Aw poor cat! I hope you get it all sorted! I'm having a slightly insane time with college work just now myself. I've got tonight to finish it all. woohoo.

Off now to read a recommmended fic........ (need some H/Hr)

SG x

Holy Grail
Old 01-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Letty we may have to exchange quotes sometime!

Man, Nora I just finished reading that essay and... wow. I'm completely amazed by it. The depth and the way it's all related. It's awesome to read and think back on those parts yourself and think, "Oh yeah..." Fabulous. Thanks for letting us know about it.

And I agree... anyone who thinks JKR doesn't use symbolism is off their rocker. All great writers do (some without even meaning to) and in her case, we know she's studied mythology and really dug into where her characters came from. How can fans think she just meaninglessly puts stuff down on a page? Why do they think it takes her so long to write - aside from the task of writing in general.? She is making sure everything fits together and that all of her projections are there in symbolic form, but not in our faces in meaning. She wants us to discover it with Harry, not ahead of him...

I'm getting on a soapbox about writing. I'll stop.

Anyway, fantastic essay.

Luke: Dear God, yes.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:16 AM
New Fan

Hello everyone....I usually just read instead of post, but I am having trouble finding that H/Hr essay....I hope someone can give me a link or explain more precise where I can find it?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

I totally agree about the symbolism thing too!

JK wouldn't just name an animal a hippogriff! she wants it to mean something! Like how Professor McG's first name is Minerva. It could've been Betty, but nope, she chose Minerva, the goddess of wisdom, and she's one smart cookie!! The name of practically evrything is researched, it has to be - no one could be that lucky with all their guesses to find name sthat fit perfectly with who or what they are!

We're just lucky that all the facts ehind it all lead things in our favoured direction!

Sg x

Holy Grail
Old 01-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

made some new stuff:

Blends:

Desktops:

100x100:

96x96:

100x80:

*off to read that essay*
Old 01-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

ooh! so purdy!

Well done you!

SG x

Holy Grail
Old 01-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lovely stuff Joie! Especially the desktops.

Cheered me up a bit
Old 01-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Morning Aurors!

Quote:
Hello everyone....I usually just read instead of post, but I am having trouble finding that H/Hr essay....I hope someone can give me a link or explain more precise where I can find it?
Hey, Mirelle, welcome! You'll find the essay at Portkey (portkey.org) but then you have to go to forums and essays are under the thread, Pumpkinpie's Army. It's like the first thread, "the meaning of Harry Potter". Hope that helps.

What a great essay it was, just so indepth and insightful. Anyone who says the Harry Potter books are not great literature is just wrong.

Joie, what great art! I love how you created the manip with H/Hr almost kissing, it looks wonderful! Snagged all!

Cat, glad you're feeling better!

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 01-16-2005, 11:34 AM
New Fan

Hammergal2004 Thank you so much!!!

I´m sure I´ll be able to find it now
Old 01-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

people who say that harry potter is not great literature is on some kind of drugs or something haha

i'm still reading paradise lost at the moment...its getting all angsty and good

um....GO AURORS
Old 01-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Huh. Apparently Emma stated in some french magazine that she has to kiss Krum in GoF. But well, the same magazine has a "quote" from Rupert saying he'll have to hold Hermione's hand in GoF and they cut an awkward R/Hr hug. Sound familiar? Interesting that they're already cutting stuff since GoF isn't even finished yet.

The whole thing doesn't sound very reliable to me.

Although, IF this is true, then Harry would have to witness that kiss somehow, wouldn't he? Anyway, I honestly can't imagine that they'll have Hermione kiss Krum. It's not anywhere in the books and given that Hermione will be busy talking Krum's ear off about Harry, I don't see how she'll have time to kiss the guy.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think they would make her kiss Krum...first kisses are a big deal, it would be like making Ron kiss Fleur or Harry kiss Draco or something I don't think JK would allow them to make up Hermione's first kiss like that...
Old 01-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Word on all you posts, SharonK!!! I'd quote 'em but i'm really lazy at the moment,...

And Nora, that is SO totally true! Cause, really, 'Harry' is sitting to her rigth and 'Ron' to her left. *g*

Joie those manips/blends are fantastic!

I'll read that essay later, though.. *tired tired*

:group_huug:
Old 01-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I need some help. I'm tring to filter fics at portkey.org and I put in the specifications or whatever and search and the first page is what I was looking for, but if I click next or go it brings me to the regular listings of unfiltered fics and I know theres more then one page of results, but...I can't figure out how to get to them lol. Anyone feel like filling me in? Is there just something wrong with that feature right now or am I missing something?

Thank you sooooo much!

Luke & Lor. | Dawson & Joey |Max & Liz | Harry & Hermione | George & Izzie
Old 01-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

I would NEVER believe anything a European magazine says becasue they like to fake things.

Not to mention the ugly naked people...

Whoever wrote that NBook 6/7 theory on the last thread... its brilliant! Plausible..I think I'd like H/Hr to be at the very end. Make us suffer all that time...

Love the title and all, but muse we start every thread with "Because?" Its getting kinda redundant...

Its getting kinda redundant.

~Belle

Last edited by *Circe*; 01-17-2005 at 08:35 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top