Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

WOW! Finally got to page 4!

I've been reading loads of H/HR essays and some suggest that Hermione will kill Voldemort, others say that Harry and Hermione will defeat him together, and others say that Harry will defeat Voldemort with his love for Hermione.

I believe that they will defeat him together. It's the only way. THEIR LOVE WILL SAVE THEM... IT IS THE POWER THE DARK LORD KNOWS NOT.

I was watching POA today and I realized that what fellow Aurors were saying and analyzing about the scene in which WOLF!Lupin is about to kill Hermione and Harry in the forest IS COMPLETELY TRUE. Buckbeak saved Harry and Hermione and what does Buckbeack represent? TRUE LOVE. Exactly. Buckbeack saved Harry and Hermione from getting killed by the wolf, meaning they were saved by love and this love that they share is so powerful that it will save them from getting killed by Voldemort.

GOD I LOVE BEING AN AUROR.

Guys... I'm in the mood to read an angsty H/HR fic. Any suggestions?

Last edited by HermionePotter; 01-15-2005 at 07:57 PM
Old 01-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

LittleCreek I'm a quotation whore and love collecting them so I really enjoyed all those. I had some of those already saved but I never realized how H/Hr they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon K
This is what I love about H/Hr...it's not in your face...the subtlety is so wonderful cause you can just feel the connection they have, the constant caring about each other...even Harry who doesn't yet realize he loves her but he has her in his head and in his heart...
I agree. I love that we've always had to read between the lines (long before JKR told us to do that) and not had H/Hr be so "obvious" as Ron's crush on Hermione has been. It has been a treat seeing H/Hr's friendship evolve and their bond/connection getting stronger as the books progressed. They are now to the point where they just look at each other and 'get' what the other is thinking, feeling etc (I think moreso Hermione>Harry but Harry is getting there).

I think when H/Hr had that fight in OOTP where even though they were fighting they kept stepping closer together and towards each other just symbolized how they have grown closer over the years. I read somewhere that a healthy argument (even if it is heated) is done where you are close together distance wise and it shows respect for each other. When you argue standing on opposite sides of the room (as R/Hr did in GOF) it is not effective or healthy or respectful and no one is listening to what the other one is saying.

I personally always saw this quotation as the perfect example of H/Hr and perfectly kills the R/Hr ship (I recall posting this long ago but never hurts to post again):

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (English-NIV)

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:14 (English-NIV)

Quote:
I'm laughing right now because the Sidekicks say that POA was full of Auror moments but that those moments only showed the amazing friendship that H/HR have, that the moments didn't have anything romantic about them.
I agree with them to a certain degree. POA the movie just emphasized how strong their friendship is. As I've been saying all along, I love how we've seen H/Hr's friendship evolve and slowly grow into a romance in the last books. For the readers to accept a love interest for the main character (HARRY) it would have to be with someone who has been there all along and we've seen them grow closer and closer. Again got to point out that R/Hr just cant logically happen anymore because come on 5 years of the same exact relationship they've had since the first book? That would be beyond ridiculous if they (R/Hr) got together because the dynamics of their friendship has not changed at all. They only agreed to stop fighting for Harry's sake and we the readers would not be able to see their relationship evolve. I honestly see them as having the brother/sister relationship because you never stop fighting with your siblings and you’re never comfortable being so touchy feely with your siblings (as R/Hr were in COS). Yes I believe there is tension between R/Hr…sibling rivalry tension (JKR has never specified what type of tension exists between them and UST is not the only tension).

But the fact that they cut out R/Hr apologizing to each other and hugging to me was a huge sign that R/Hr will not happen. Why cut that scene out if R/Hr were obviously going to happen in the future? That was a huge moment in their friendship turned romance, if R/Hr were going to happen. They cut that semi bickering scene in the common room (was added in the dvd) but again if R/Hr was going to happen why cut this stuff out? Why cut canon R/Hr scenes if it would help foreshadow their blossoming romance? My opinion cause there is no blossoming romance so all these scenes aren't important to the overall storyline. Whereas the movie having far more H/Hr scenes is important to the overall storyline because it helps the viewers become emotionally involved with their relationship and helps see their friendship becoming more and their bond becoming stronger.

So for once I semi agree with the kickers.

And that article is just old mis quotes. The R/Hr stuff was for POA...and look how that worked out for them.

Old 01-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letty
I agree with them to a certain degree. POA the movie just emphasized how strong their friendship is. As I've been saying all along, I love how we've seen H/Hr's friendship evolve and slowly grow into a romance in the last books. For the readers to accept a love interest for the main character (HARRY) it would have to be with someone who has been there all along and we've seen them grow closer and closer. Again got to point out that R/Hr just cant logically happen anymore because come on 5 years of the same exact relationship they've had since the first book? That would be beyond ridiculous if they (R/Hr) got together because the dynamics of their friendship has not changed at all.

...the movie having far more H/Hr scenes is important to the overall storyline because it helps the viewers become emotionally involved with their relationship and helps see their friendship becoming more and their bond becoming stronger.
What you said is what I was trying to say. What I love most about the H/HR relationship is that they are falling in love slowly, taking their time, getting to know each other...

Ron and Hermione always fight and like you said, their relationship hasn't grown. They fight like siblings whereas Harry and Hermione fight about important things and they look like the married couple, not Ron and Hermione!

POA showed H/HR's amazing and unbreakable friendship but it also gave hints about a blossoming romance, a love that will be born out of their beautiful friendship.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

we should SO use parts of that thingie as a title!

Because love does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
or
Because love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Old 01-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarhiliel
we should SO use parts of that thingie as a title!

Because love does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
or
Because love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Exactly!

Because love doesn't envy, boast, or hurt...it protects, it trusts, it hopes, and it perseveres.

...something like that.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Letty, you are greatest. YOU ROCKS... it is true that H/Hr, their friendship will grow slowly but truely into TRUE LOVE. and R/Hr they have nothing but "hate"

Like I said before,...R/Hr will never happen not now or in future. Because Harry!!he will always come between them, HE IS TELLING STORY. It is his point of view right, so when in book 5, when he found out that R/Hr were together in G.Place and not him, they betrayed and left him alone. He feel kind of "left out" or so-called "jealous" he got very mad.

So if and that is BIG IF? R/Hr do get together. They have to answer to Harry, or Harry wouldn't get that happen, because he would hate to be "left out" or feeling "jealous" he would get mad.

I don't know if that make sense of not.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
They say that when JKR said that a lot of the scenes in POA foreshadow what is going to happen, she actually meant that Ron and Hermione will be together in the end and that Harry will probably die. Oh! And that when Hermione grabbed Ron's hand, it wasn't because she was scared for Harry's life, but because she was afraid of Buckbeak when minutes before, she had smiled at the sight of him! What else? Oh right. That when Hermione hugged Ron, that was foreshadowing that she and Ron will keep each other safe in the future battle because they love each other and that she hugged him because she feels safer with him and that when he let go of her to look for Scabbers, she cried "Ron!" because she needs him badly. Give me a second...
You know, I really worry about the kickers when I read stuff like this.

Great posts, HermionePotter and Letty!

Tar, loved your vids!

And since we're already discussing thread titles we have to use the second place one from previous thread for our next one, okay?
Aurors (H/Hr) Because through it all, she offers him protection
I liked that one!

Everyone must be busy this weekend, we are moving kinda slow.
Not to worry, though, we'll breeze through this one fast enough once everyone gets back and gets talking.

There's always plenty to say about H/Hr and we don't have to make up stuff that sounds absolutely crazy to explain our ship! *See above*

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 01-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermionePotter
Exactly!

Because love doesn't envy, boast, or hurt...it protects, it trusts, it hopes, and it perseveres.

...something like that.
yesss, exactly, lol! I tried to combine them but it didn't work, lol That's exactly where I was trying to get to!
Old 01-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

Wow. I just read the best H/Hr essay ever. It's called "Uncovering the meaning of Harry Potter" and it's at Portkey in the "Pumpkinpie's Army" section. The person relates the seven tasks in the first book to all seven books and it's almost scary how especially OotP (and H/Hr's relationship in it) fits into the whole story. Also the person forshadows amazingly reasonable what's to come for Harry (and Hermione) in the last two books. If that essay isn't "reading between the lines", I don't know what is.

-- Nora, who is still blown away by that essay
Old 01-16-2005, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nora*
Wow. I just read the best H/Hr essay ever. It's called "Uncovering the meaning of Harry Potter" and it's at Portkey in the "Pumpkinpie's Army" section. The person relates the seven tasks in the first book to all seven books and it's almost scary how especially OotP (and H/Hr's relationship in it) fits into the whole story. Also the person forshadows amazingly reasonable what's to come for Harry (and Hermione) in the last two books. If that essay isn't "reading between the lines", I don't know what is.

-- Nora, who is still blown away by that essay

wow, I just read that...just...wow
Old 01-16-2005, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarhiliel
wow, I just read that...just...wow
I know, right?

I mean, it all just makes so much sense! I especially love the part where the person connects Harry leaving Hermione in PS (that's the seventh task) to go and face Voldemort alone to Harry having to fight the final battle in book 7 without her.

Also it sickens me how people say that JKR probably doesn't use that much symbolism and that we read way too much into this, because it's just an insult to the great writer that JKR is.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

OK, i officially feel like 20 different kinds of crap today My head is pounding, my stomach feels like a blender and the very thought of ever drinking again makes me want to heave

But everyone's great posts have made me feel just that little bit better. Anyone not convinced that it will be H/Hr should read all that you guys say and then they might change their tune. Way to go guys

That quote about love is beautiful Definetly a future thread title. But i'm with SharonK, we MUST use the "Through it all she offers him protection" one next!

*goes to find painkillers and read the H/Hr essay*
Old 01-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanx for the quotes Little Creek

It had been a while since the last time I lurked over here. Glad to see the hope and faith going stronger and stronger each passing day

Old 01-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hangover is pretty much gone now, thank god.

I had a complete freak out earlier. A college related freak out. I suddenly realised how much i have to do and i panicked. Everything just seems to be building up all at once and i can't see past it. There's this constant worry in the back of my mind, y'know? I don't know half of the stuff that i should by this stage and i don't see how i'm ever going to. It's not sinking in at all. It'll be work experience and then practice exams before i know it. It just seems to be snowballing and i can't keep up any more. Plus, i have issues with one of my tutors. I don't like how she's acting with me. And my tutor being a bitch is the last thing i need at the moment. I have enough on my plate. I don't mind admitting that i had a little cry to myself over it all.

So yeah, it's safe to say i'm feeling pretty low at this precise moment. Anyone got any Aurory pick me ups? I could be doing with one.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Aw Cat!

I'm sorry things are going so bad for you. Don't worry, everything's going to be fine I'm sure. Don't be sad!

<wishes she could do something to make Cat feel better>

Maybe this'll cheer you up a bit.

Last edited by *Nora*; 01-16-2005 at 09:36 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top