Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Awesome title!

I have a question: did JKR say that Harry will eventually see a girl in a different light? Because I never heard that before. I mean if this is true, then it narrows down the possibilities to basically 2 girls: Hermione or Ginny. And well....duh. We don't need to discuss that one.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have a question: did JKR say that Harry will eventually see a girl in a different light?
She did. I'm certain i read it in the newspaper. Something about how Harry will start to see a female that is close to him in a totally different way. Which basically means in a romantic way.

And we all know who it'll be.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Woo, Catrina that makes me tingle all over!! (what you said) and thanks for the hug!

Thanks, Little Tiger! I was wondering...but I think I knew you meant to say "not bashing". You guys are wonderful! I'm all better now!
Sharon
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 08-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Catrina~
She did. I'm certain i read it in the newspaper. Something about how Harry will start to see a female that is close to him in a totally different way.
Whoa. This is huge. I mean...really. Throughout the books, who is the one female close to Harry? Hermione. Whose voice did Harry start to hear in OotP? Hermione's. Who'd he defend in front of his big crush? Hermione. Who made him stop thinking properly when they were supposedly dead? Hermione. Who made him feel light-headed when they were alive? Hermione.

Excuse me while I'll go party now. Boy. I can't believe no one ever talks about this quote.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

WHOOHOO! New thread. You naughty, naughty little girls!

How about the second one, eh?

Ginny: Harry's got a nice bum, eh Hermione?
Hermione: Oh, he's got much more than that.

*giggles*
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She did. I'm certain i read it in the newspaper. Something about how Harry will start to see a female that is close to him in a totally different way. Which basically means in a romantic way.

Really?! I didn't know about that quote. Not that I mind she said that, I mean, she's practically telling us Harry's going to fall for Hermione, which is our prediction and what we long for.

Being an Auror makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?

Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

*chokes* She really said that? In those words?

So, let's see, Harry starts to see a girl in a different light... For him to see someone in a different light it means he saw her before in, er, a regular light. So, the girls who live around Harry are:

Angelina, Katie, Alicia. Yeah. Romance all over.
Ginny: she had a crush on him that he was aware of. He didn't reciprocate. There is no light at all.
Cho: he already saw her 'in a different light' from the start. Doesn't count.
Female teachers: yeah, Harry and McGonnagall, ROCK ON!

So.... who's left again? Oh, right... Hermione. You know, that nice girl with the bushy hair who's been his best friend and supported him and cared for him and looked after him since age eleven? Yeah, that one.

Thanks for the comments on my icon, guys! You're too kind!

Sharon: someday I'll start a thread too. Someday.

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. ~ Edward Thomas
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~ Ovid
Old 08-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hollytiger
WHOOHOO! New thread. You naughty, naughty little girls!

How about the second one, eh?

Hermione: Oh, he's got much more than that.

*giggles*
Cute!

Or

Hermione: What bum? I wasn't staring at his bum. And his bum's not really nice right now since his pants have grass stains on them. And dust and dirt from the ground, which he hasn't brushed off properly. Not attractive at all..... Not that I would know cause I wasn't looking at his bum...definitely not looking.... who's looking at his bum?
*all the while thinking closer, closer, then maybe you can *touch* the bum in the pretense of brushing off the dirt and dust...

Dancing Queen!

*icon not mine, credit to maker*

Last edited by Iola Morton; 08-18-2004 at 09:34 PM
Old 08-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Iola Morton
Cute!

Or

Hermione: What bum? I wasn't staring at his bum. And his bum's not really nice right now since his pants have grass stains on them. And dust and dirt from the ground, which he hasn't brushed off properly. Not attractive at all..... Not that I would know cause I wasn't looking at his bum...definitely not looking.... who's looking at his bum?
*all the while thinking closer, closer, then maybe you can *touch* the bum in the pretense of brushing off the dirt and dust...
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, and one more thing, is it just me or do bosses who send people home early tend to freak out more when they realize they're short staffed and it gets busy?

Thought so. At least my boss I think.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
*chokes* She really said that? In those words?
Yup. I'm certain it was in an interview she did with the Daily Record (the main national paper in Scotland.) a year or so ago.

Quote:
Being an Auror makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?
Oh yeah. Frequently!

*jumps off cliff and is saved by James Marsters*
Old 08-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Iola Morton

too good!

Gah, I want to write. I have no idea of what to write! Evilness...

Old 08-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow! If JKR really said that, allow me to go ahead and squee.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

*cough* Well, I'm going to do a little bit of researching and see if I can find this quote somewhere.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Loyal Fan

*running and hug Sharon..(Hammergal that is)*...you should stick with your true feeling and love about your ship(I applause you) ..and hell! with those anti-ship Hps fan...and they called themself "friendly" Oh please!! whatever.. next time,..you need reforcement about our beloved Ship H/hr..you just called me..and these wonderful H/hr nutter.

o.k..stop with Drama-queen thingy..

"puching off Ioda cliffe" your quote about "ginny and Hermione's drooling over Harry's butt. ehhehehe...

wait?...are you talking about Harry or Daniel...
Old 08-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gardenia
*cough* Well, I'm going to do a little bit of researching and see if I can find this quote somewhere.
Have done that too. No luck so far. But it did land me on Portkey, where I haven't been in a while, and breathing all that H/Hr Smart Air of Love just made me giddy.

I'm going to re-read the last chapter of GoF now. "The Beginning" alright, JK!

ETA: I have just finished reading it. Wow. That chapter basically sums up the essence of what's important for the rest of the series. And it made me really hopeful that we will see Krum again. Which is a big YAY! because I heart Krum! And, of course, The Kiss.

The ending of GoF, which I never really liked, is starting to grow on me.

Last edited by imaginary; 08-18-2004 at 11:11 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top