Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Book 6 Title and JK Rowling FAQ

I read JK Rowling's FAQ about Ginny Weasley and the title of the 6th book... I decided to re-read the chapter: "The Heir of Slytherin"(One of my favorite chapters in the entire HP series) and I found a very interesting point!!! I think there may be a Neville/Tom/Harry connection! but that's not the point... I found something very pro-H/Hr that Tom said to Harry:
Quote:
It was clear to me that you were on the trial of Slytherin's heir. From everything Ginny told me about you, I knew you would go to any lengths to solve the mystery--particularly if one of your best friends was attacked.
Tom Riddle is talking about HERMIONE!!! !!! Does Voldermort/Ginny know that something is going on between Harry and Hermione? I never noticed that quote until know!!

Also, a bit not H/Hr, but Tom compared his looks, talents etc. to Harry's...hmmm.. Also, Heir of Slytherin... Heir has to do something with royalty,hence the book 6 title: HP and the Half-Blood Prince... Half-Blood Prince=Riddle... Also, don't you remember that Riddle told harry that he preserved himself in other items!! Maybe Harry and the gang will get a hold of another item that could potentially make Voldemort even stronger!!

Wow! But this thread is going by FAST
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, I know that Harry's mother is Muggle-born, but does that matter? Isn't she still considered a full witch..who has pure blood? So, Harry can't be the prince, can he? I'm so confused! Gabriela, that is a weird dream! Your brother is indeed very smart! Yay for him! Sharon, I think it is the real title. Time Cannot Erase, awww..at least your parents like Harry Potter. My mom doesn't even care about it. Hammergal, good observation! Little Tiger, I noticed he said that about Hermione too, but I completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! He says "From everything Ginny told me about you.." Could it be Ginny knows about Harry's feelings for Hermione and that is why she moved on? And why did Tom choose Hermione to petrify? Why not Ron? Good observations. Btw, my letter should be on it's way to Dan now! He'll know about us!

Harry/Hermione- The most famous and brightest pair of lovers

July 23rd- Daniel Radcliffe and Charisma Carpenter's birthdays. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

There's always that one true love, and it's up to you to get it or lose it. ~Lyn
Old 06-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aurors!

Can't wait for book 6!

Just bringing this over from Eonline. Not Aurorish, but interesting still

Harry's "Goblet" Gets Going

by Josh Grossberg
Jun 28, 2004, 2:10 PM PT

The Hogwarts Express is heading out again.

Principal photography on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the fourth feature based on J.K. Rowling's magical mystery series, is now underway, Warner Bros. announced Monday.

Goblet of Fire is being shot at England's Leavesden Studios and is being helmed by Mike Newell, whose credits include Four Weddings and a Funeral, Donnie Brasco and the recent Mona Lisa Smile. The film is being produced by David Heyman and features a script by Steve Kloves, who masterfully adapted all three previous installments.

Potter's troika of young stars, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) are once again on board. This time the action takes place during their fourth year at Hogwart's School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, a term in which the lightning-scarred boy magician will encounter his greatest challenge yet--taking part in the life-threatening inter-school Triwizard Competition.

As usual, the movie will feature a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, this one named Mad-Eye Moody, who will be played by Brendan Gleeson (Troy, Cold Mountain).

Other new additions to the cast include Robert Pattinson as Harry's heroic rival, Cedric Diggory, Stanislav Ianevski as Quidditch star Viktor Krum, Clemence Poesy as Fleur Delacour, Katie Leung as Harry's new crush, Cho Chang, and Francese De La Tour as Madame Maxime, the Headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.

Returning to their respective parts are Tom Felton, the young actor who plays Harry's nemesis, Draco Malfoy, along with Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Michael Gambon (Professor Albus Dumbledore), Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall), Alan Rickman (Professor Snape), Gary Oldman (Sirius Black), Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy).

One major role yet to be cast, however, is Voldemort--the wizarding world's ultimate practitioner of the dark arts and Harry's archenemy, who finally reveals himself in Goblet of Fire (not including the fleshy bloated face that pops out the back of Professor Quirrell's head in The Sorcerer's Stone).

According to London's Daily Mirror, producers are in talks with Ralph Fiennes to play You Know Who once the actor wraps The Constant Gardener opposite Rachel Weisz currently shooting in Kenya.

Fiennes is a fine choice to play the villainous Voldemort, having earned an Oscar nomination for his work as a Nazi thug in Schindler's List and playing the serial killer known as the Tooth Fairy in 2002's Silence of the Lambs prequel Red Dragon.

There's a hitch, however. Reportedly Fiennes isn't sure he wants to commit to at least three additional Potter installments, which will likely feature Voldemort.

But if all goes accordingly, Fiennes could be on the Leavesden set by the end of the year

Meanwhile, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban--the Alfonso Cuarón-directed third film in the franchise, which received overwhelming praise from critics as the best of the three--has so far grossed more than $211 million domestically in four weeks of release. The film is projected to fall short of the $261 million and $303 million in ticket sales respectively generated by its predecessors, 2002's Chamber of Secrets and 2001's Sorcerer's Stone.

Goblet of Fire is scheduled to hit theaters in November 2005

Lisa
Old 06-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
hmmm...this is kinda unlikely but Im kinda hoping that Malfoys mother turns out to be keeping a secret (muggleborn) and Malfoys the half blood Prince. Thats just my wishful thinking because I want Tom felton to have more screen time. hehehehehe

Quote:
My motto is: never kiss the girl you kiss on camera
yeah and My motto is: Liars always get caught!
Sawyer: Light, comma, sticks. As in those legs of yours.
Hurley: "You sure he's out?"
Jack: "He's out."
Hurley: "How do you know he won't wake up when you yank that thing out?"
Jack: "I don't."
Hurley: (to the unconscious marshal) "Hey guy you awake? Yo! There's a rescue plane, we're saved. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! (pause) Yeah, he's out."
Old 06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Oh great god. I'm just watching a video from the press conference in Japan (and this Japanese translator always prevents me from understanding everything they say), but obviously Emma was just asked about the rumors about her and Dan, and she is blushing like CRAZY! She smiles, looks at Dan's screen and says that's he's a very very good friend blah blah blah, she's basically singing a praise, but at the end she makes a long pause, grins like an IDIOT and adds "And I genuinely like him, there ya go." That girl could NOT stop grinning the whole time! It was just so sweet! She kept looking at Dan through the screen and smiled and blushed. If you're not convinced they're dating or have at least a crush on each other, watch this:

http://www.bcast.co.jp/webevents/yah...m/g040651m.asx

The question is asked after around 2 mintes and 30 seconds. Try to listen carefully because I couldn't understand everything.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Screw what I said, I found it. And OMFG, before Emma answers Dan says "be very careful..." Afraid much?

Emma: Dan and I are very very good friends... He has a fantastic sense of humor, he keeps everyone on the set laughing ah.. he is a great guy and dancer and..[pause]...I GENUINELY LIKE HIM! (laughs) There you go!!

- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-28-2004, 10:34 PM
New Fan

Gah, the Japanese videos don't work for me >,<

Quote:
Ok, I know that Harry's mother is Muggle-born, but does that matter? Isn't she still considered a full witch..who has pure blood?
This confuses me a lot as well. You know how Tom said in CoS that one of their similarities is that they're both half-blood, and again in GoF he said it... I really don't understand this, because unless one of Harry's parents was a squib, then there's no explaination for this... except just a way to make them both the Half Blood Princes.... but I dunno, it's confusing.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:37 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Nora*
Screw what I said, I found it. And OMFG, before Emma answers Dan says "be very careful..." Afraid much?

Emma: Dan and I are very very good friends... He has a fantastic sense of humor, he keeps everyone on the set laughing ah.. he is a great guy and dancer and..[pause]...I GENUINELY LIKE HIM! (laughs) There you go!!

Where is this? I have to see/read it!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Addicted Fan

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The truth is out...
Old 06-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

well i think we have a title for the next thread.

that is so adorable. it almost sounds as if emma got caught up in the moment and just decided to say something honest. she really does like him, whether she knows it'll be romantic or not someday.

i can't see those pictures..ahh!

i get my own room again..WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i haven't had my own room in a year, i love it.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:30 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Nora*

omg, you can see emma really likes my daniel so much or i mean genuinely. god, she always looking at the monitor screen of daniel. also, the complements she gave to dan, always she said word named "dan". she had kind of these moments that honesty coming from her mouth.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!*

She might as well have said "Yeah, Dan and I are going out!" and put a stop to the rumors!
Sadly, I wasn't able to watch the video (damn you dial-up!)
Who ever saw it, can you tell what Dan's expression was? did they show him at all during that question?
Old 06-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

I finally found a fantastic version of the conference on the internet. I had to record it because it wouldn't let me download it. Anyway, here's the "I geniuely like Dan" part without any Japanese.

Emma likes Dan

Also - and for some reason this part got broke during the recording so I couldn't cut it for you - I thought this was cute:

Emma: I know that Dan, Rupert and Alfonso would never give themselves that much credit, but somebody has to say it for them: these people work SO hard. Um....Dan is one of the most determent people I've ever seen. He....he astounds me because he always has enthusiasm. Um...he's always...um, he's always focused, he....um....and it means so much to him. He deserves - and ALL of these people deserve - any credit that you give them.

Dan: [off screen] Thank you, Emma.

[Emma smiles at her screen]

Notice how she starts off by "Dan, Rupert and Alfonso" but ends up talking about Dan non-stop?
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-29-2004, 03:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks *Nora*! I'm downloading it as we speak.

So... he's a great dancer huh? Wonder what kind of dancing he's great at?

Quote:
Notice how she starts off by "Dan, Rupert and Alfonso" but ends up talking about Dan non-stop?
She couldn't hide it if her life depended on it! Hmm... almost all answers she gives in any interview, seem to end up about Dan!

Last edited by EmeraldRaven; 06-29-2004 at 03:27 AM
Old 06-29-2004, 03:14 AM
New Fan

Awww, that's cute.
Is it in the 4 minute video?
Because I've only seen that, and it was really hard to understand because of the translator and because my computer kept stopping in and the picture didn't work <_<