Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Addicted Fan

::cough::

Had to repost this since its sooo beautiful!

(By Destiny_Sucks aka Carrie)

I love it, dear!

ETA: its smaller than it should be...but i'm too lazy to fix it and its still beautiful...but just so you know!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Blind Post

I just needed to do this before a new thread was created and I'd loose all hope of catching up:

::attackles Nora:: I you! Thanks so much for the clips of the interview and the wonderful WP!

Hey to everyone, and welcome LittleCreek/Brooke

Hey Sade I remember you from when I first re-started posting here again

~Carrie

*edited to add: ::smacks Erion:: Thanks dear You know I you On a side note thanks to everyone who complemented the blend I did, it meant a lot to me and dawnie I didn't take out Emma's hair in that pic, it's from the DADA scene with the boggart. She had it pulled back using a pencil oddly enough
There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly.

- Patrick Overton

Last edited by Destiny_Sucks; 06-29-2004 at 10:58 PM
Old 06-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

4400 now!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Starting a new thread? Aw ok, then I'll wait to post what I'm about to post.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow! I'm gone for a day and you guys are ready to start a new thread? Man you move at warp speed!
Quote:
Isn't "there ya go" a way to say "there ya have it!" or in this case "there, I said it!" ?
Yep!

Welcome my all fellow newbies!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Thanks!

I just realised there are still 6 posts to go, so what the hell.

You should read this:

Words can lie, but the body can't

"According to TELLING LIES by Paul Ekman, liars are very careful on their choice of words. They are aware that any slip of the tongue can easily blow their cover. Good signs to look for are long pauses or frequent pauses in speech. This means that the liar is not sure where he's going with the story or maybe he can't follow through with the lie.
When liars are hesitant at the start of a sentence, especially when responding to a question, it means that he hasn't worked out the story yet, or he didn't anticipate that question.

Liars are easily detected through body language. Our face displays all kinds of emotions. Liars are especially prone to the tensing of muscles around the mouth and cheek area. According to Ekman, "Muscles move alone when one's emotional, whether it be from pressure, fury, horror, distress, or guilt." The mouth narrows and a lot of the time liars bite their lip."

And now, watch the clip of Emma again. Notice something? When she said she "geniuinely likes him" she suddenly didn't seem all that nervous anymore. But before, when she was pulling the "good friend" thing, she was stuttering all over the place. Gotta love body language.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Here, here Nora!

Night all,
There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly.

- Patrick Overton
Old 06-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Awesome, Nora! She is so caught!

Well, I'm off to dreamland!

--Erin--
Old 06-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh man I was just at portkey.org to see what they had to say about the whole pressconfrence and I came across this:
(eveything in parenthesis is the observation of the poster)
Quote:
Originally posted by artemis
Cuaron said his greeting.

Emma: Erm, Konnichiwa (Good day, hello in Japanese), this is my first time in Japan. Em, I wanted to come here for a long time. er, and, em, I, so far, erm, I've been greeted, erm, everyone's been so friendly and so welcoming, er, which's lovely, and, I'm having a fantastic time. I'm really excited to be here, and erm, Nihon daisuki (desu)! ("I love Japan" - in Japanese).

Rupert: Yeah, Japan is wicked (others giggling/laughing). Yeah, erm, I've always wanted to come here. and er it's been really cool, yeah. I really like it.

Heyman said his greeting, while the translator translated, Emma was looking at her screen (Dan was there I guessed) and then turn back to looked at the wall screen. (check if Dan was there yet?)

All waved to Dan on the bigger screen when he came on, including Emma.

Dan: Erm, I'm very sorry I couldn't come being with you today (whom? Emma?), I'm in London filming Harry potter and the goblet of fire, the underwater scene at the moment. erm, Hello to all you guys, Emma, rupert, David and Alfonso, erm, I hope I'll come back for the fourth film, cus I love Japan and me and David went there last time, ...happy, fantastic.

Q: are you sitting in a set, is something going to happen in that room in the fourth film?

Dan: (after consulting someone out of the camera sight) I am almost certain, something is gonna happen. But I can't tell you, because I am under water at the moment (all laughing)

A reporter asked the trio that besides the character they were playing, whom they was closest to of the other two character, personality-wise, say for Dan to choose between Hermione and Ron.

Dan: Em, sorry I've lost the cue, (Emma laughed), Erm, Harry probably most like, ...

translator: no, your personality.

Dan: Erm, em (heard the reporter's remark), my personality? (Dan looked up, thinking, Emma started to laugh) Am I like hermione or ron? oh! (silence, Dan was thinking hard, Emma started to laugh good-naturedly), God. erm (Emma was watching her screen closely and laughing amusedly; all laughed)

Heyman: I think you are cross between the two (laughter of all)

Dan: Erm, (Dan made a face, a string of laughter from Emma, Dan was amused) er, I think you absolutely right there! ( Emma laughed even louder, Dan did humour her a lot, all laughed)

Rupert: not sure, I don't think, I think he's pretty much the opposite of Hermione, probably, erm, let's say harry then. (after the translator prompted him to talk about his personality) Oh! me! yeah, erm, I think, erm, probably, probably harry, cus I'm not into school and that , so, er, yeah, (Heyman chortled, no sound from Emma through out Rupert's talk) I'll go with Harry.

Emma: Erm, er, it's a hard question, Erm, probably like Dan, I am not sure to answer that (feeling the same as Dan?!), and I'm a mixture between the two. (keep watching her screen/Dan, smiling at Dan when she heard the translator mentioned Dan)

Q: how did you feel when you first saw the completed film?

Dan: oh, its amazing, because you were filming about ten or eleven months, then put all together it's a fantastic moment. Er it's brilliant. And, and it was, it was fantastic, it was a fantastic film. So it was just brilliant to see what Alfonso had done the first time, it was a great moment.

Rupert: (forgot what the question was, asked) …It's really cool (omitted some words)

Emma: Erm, as Dan was saying, Erm, once you worked on the film for such mass amount of time when you, you just have, Erm, you've no clue what it's gonna look like as a finished product, Erm, it's very exciting, also a lot of the, er, special effects, and a lot of things they added in after, you know, it's really, really exciting to see, Erm, it was great, Erm a great moment! (she did talk like Dan, they used same words, same points, same conclusions. Ah, those two!)

Q: so this is a question for all three cast members, she (a reporter) knows that you work well together, you are great as working pals, and er, so you're good friends as well, so Emma and Rupert, we want you to tell us what you think of Daniel, what kind of person he is and Daniel, would you please tell us what you think of Rupert and Emma?

Dan: Be very careful! (Emma started to laugh just after Dan open his mouth, all laughing)

Emma: er-, Dan-, (a string of flustered laughter, put her hands on the table, bend down to the table, seemed to hide herself, fidgeted/squirmed a little), er-, er-, (she was flushed, shy, and almost girlfriend like, you can tell she was very, very fond of him, and she was very familiar with him, thinking of him made her smile brightly, I should say there was definitely something going on, either mutual admiration or you know what), er, Dan's very, very good friends (shyly smiled with a quick glancing her upper left and sqirmed a little more), He, em, he has fantastic sense of humour (calmed down a little, keeping her eyes on Dan on the screen in front of her with a big smile); He keeps everyone on the site laughing and entertained, he- (smiling at Dan on the screen in front of her, a little dreamy); Erm, He's a great guy; he's down to earth (looking at the audience); er-, and em- (thinking fondly), er, I actually genuinely like him (with raised eye brows and eyes widening, trying to convey her sincerity to the audience), er, eh, (laugh), there you go! (laugh out loud and dreamy and head tilted to one side looking at Dan with a happy and shy smile, she was very satisfied with her answer, then smiled more sweetly to Dan when the translator was translating her answer)

Rupert went on the usual we-all-get-on-well routine. (forgot to say what he thought of Dan)

Curon: What do you think of him?

Rupert: He's, he's alright. (jokingly smiled), we get on really well.

Dan: you're too kind! (all laughed)

Translator: so now it's your turn, Daniel!

Emma: no pressure! (speaking softly and lightly)

Dan: ow, huh (laughing a little on Emma's comment). Erm, me, me, Rupert and Emma are obviously really good friends. em, it's really great filming on site with them, so, again as I rupert said, I mean, if we really hate each other it would make things a lot more difficult, so, er, it's pretty lucky we actually get on really well. (Emma) Em's like a sister to me (said this very fast), and rupert and I are just really, really good friends. So, we get on really, really well. (then appeared thinking amusingly) Thank you very much Emma, you were very kind about me (smiling sincerely or a little knowingly? Emma also give him a big smile. he was quite happy here).

A question and answers about the filming advice the trio received from the director, nothing new there.

Curon: the problem with the two of them (who? Dan and Emma? or Dan and Rupert?), er (checking himself), the three of them getting on so well is that they tend to team up against you! (all laughed)

When asked about what magic spell they like to have:

Emma said the spell which cures jet-legs.

Rupert said invisibility to escape exams

Dan: Erm, there is a spell that Hermione uses (hermione/emma again!), probably about 100 times in the first film, which is Alohomora, and it opens doors, (Emma gave a small laughing sound, did she know something about this we don't) and, and that would be really cool, because then you can get anywhere, pretty much.

Curon: which door exactly?

Dan: (silent)

Emma: it's a really hard one (Cuaron laughed, and Emma giggled, all laughed)

Dan: (opened his mouth but no sound came, blew some air out, looking to his left, all laughed, Emma was looking at Dan on her screen) Very good question. (softly, he kept smiling to himself and amused while the translator was translating)

Emma: ... the people who put this film forward that you see worked so hard. Dan, who was the most determined people I have ever seen in (her life? she was lost for words), … he, he astounds me because he was always in there, he always has enthusiasm, he's always, he's always focused, he, and it means so much to him, he deserves, and all these people deserve any credit you gave them, so. (how she spoke like Hermione talking about Harry! If nothing else she certainly, genuinely admired Dan and felt for him. She set off to praise all her co-workers, Alfonso, David, Dan, Rupert, but she ended up giving almost all the praises to Dan! She felt keenly how hard Dan worked. she was quite emotional when she finished. I would love to see Dan's expressions upon hearing all these, but unfortunately, the camera was only on Emma.)

When the translator did her translation, Emma was watching her screen when the camera focused on Dan, she smiled at him warmly.

then Dan give his last message promoting the film.

photo time, they ask Dan "looking straight".
Old 06-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Whoa, somebody's been paying good attention!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Whats up guys? What have I missed?

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

We were just talking about the Japanese press confrence and Dan and Emma's obvious liking for each other!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

Can someone open a new thread?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top