Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay!! New thread. Yeah don't trust the french and european mags because they have been proven to be false on many occasion.

I also don't worry about H/L because it wouldn't make much sense anyways with how JKR writes really. Yeah and the whole forced R/Hr stuff in the movie? Very weird and out of place. I don't think Rupert and Emma have a good chem as Dan and Emma do either. But actor chemistry wouldn't matter too much because it wasn't like JKR picked the actors and stuff. That would have given out the ending away. But still the Dan/Emma chem is such a good bonus to the hp movies.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven85
Yeah and the whole forced R/Hr stuff in the movie? Very weird and out of
I know that we are supposed to look only to Canon for info on h/hr or r/hr, but I like to analyze the movies as well. The movies are a cliff notes versions of the books. In my opinion they cut out A LOT of R/hr interaction...hello where did the whole "your cat ate my rat" plot line? I was of the impression, that you could have just pulled Ron out of the movie, because having him in there was only to serve the purpose of owning the rat.

It will be interesting (IMO) to see what happens with GoF movie this November. We have heard that we get the Yule Ball scene, but no mention of the Yule Brawl scene.

In my opinion if the movies are to be the shortened version of the books, then they are putting a lot of r/hr on the cutting room floor. That means two things in my book: 1) R/Hr are not going to happen and/or last for very long, and 2) their potential romance is never going to make it into the movies, because there just hasn't been that much build up, nor is it that important to the overall plotline.

Now watch come November, I'll be eating this very post, and Ron and Hermione will start shagging on the Yule Ball dance floor... (Sorry to put that vision in everybody's head)
Old 02-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

@Kathy: I totally agree. I hate "force" chermistry either, from book and movie. I don't think, Rupert and Emma doesn't kind of "chermistry" to have romance in anywhere not just movie. It really annoying to watch two people doesn't get on well, fighting their gut out to each oher about issue that doesn't make any sense....(Cat and rat) whooooa....that is very, very important topic more then Harry saving the world thing. From that DirectTV "behind the scene" did you notice everytime they have Emma and Rupert so-called standing together, they didn't even look, touch or laugh to each other. From part where they were in forest and Director were talking to Emma and Rupert, Rupert seem to look kind of "look the other way" and Emma totally "bored out of her mind" and they think that these two will have relationship. Forget get it.

But Emma/Daniel, everytime they have them together, it totally opposite of E/R. They were dancing, looking, talking and Emma giving him that cake and having fun together. They have natural chermistry that everyone killed to have. The bonus is,..their "Natural chermistry" being role of H/Hr even more loveable and believeable. That is why I love this shipped. Because of D/E "magic chermistry"

I also want to add: I don't believed or trusted any article from any forgien country maz, or interview that deal with Hps or H/Hr world(Because I know they didn't read book or read "between" the line or get "Clue") I believed in book, maybe Movie and Mrs.Rowing and MYSELF.

I DO BELIEVED IN H/HR LOVES...AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTER.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I always enjoy reading your posts, Caroline! You are just too cute with your "in your face" enthusiasm for Dan and Emma, and Harry/Hermione! I just love it!

posted by kathy
Quote:
I HATE forced chemistry between two actors. The whole Hermione turning to Ron when buckbeak was "excuted" seemed so forced and the wrist grab was completely random. I'm not exactley saying that Emma and Rupert don't have chemistry, because they do as a TRIO...it's on a whole other level with her and Dan. It's so much more natural. Like when they held hands at the end of PoA, for me it wasn't " Oh they're holding hands cause they love eachother" it was " they're holding hands because they TRUST eachother" This is what I love most to what Dan and Emma bring to Harry and Hermione. It's a building process, layer by layer, book by book, moment by moment. I think this is why we weren't all depressed that Harry and Hermione didn't get together in OoTP, for us it was just another layer.
I love this paragraph you wrote, Kathy. WORD! Layers, yeah, that's what it's all about. From Book 1 through Book 5 we have seen such a building of the love that is growing between Harry and Hermione. Talk about your reading between the lines. It's so obvious to me that it practically jumps off the page. For me there is no other ship. Period. (and to quote Kathy again, I thought this was so cute):
One more time for the people in the back, it's Harry and Hermione. They're in love.

posted by PncsKate24
Quote:
In my opinion if the movies are to be the shortened version of the books, then they are putting a lot of r/hr on the cutting room floor. That means two things in my book: 1) R/Hr are not going to happen and/or last for very long, and 2) their potential romance is never going to make it into the movies, because there just hasn't been that much build up, nor is it that important to the overall plotline.
Another excellent point with which I agree. I have never been able to see a relationship between Ron and Hermione, the only possibility being that they were separated at birth. Not that they are alike, far from it, but they act like siblings who basically can't stand each other but have to put up with each other cause they're related. I've long maintained that the only reason they are friends is their shared friendship with Harry. And over time, Ron has come to appreciate some of Hermione's talents but overall he just tolerates her. I don't even see that he has a crush on her. I just don't think he sees her in that way at all. Hermione seems to be Ron's only female friend at the present time and in GoF, we saw the beginnings of the boys' interest in the fairer sex, which is about right for 14 year olds, and I honestly don't think Ron's attention would turn to Hermione. She's his buddy, Harry and Ron's confidante and co-conspirator, not a pretty girl that you suddenly want to hit on. Unless he's totally too intimidated to persue any other girl which could be the case but I doubt it. Harry and Hermione's relationship is a different matter. Because Hermione has always shown Harry unswerving loyalty and caring, she never fails to let Harry know that he matters to her, that she is there for him, that she will help him in whatever way he needs her and by Book 5, Harry has come to realize how badly he needs Hermione. Sort of. I think in Book 5, he had so much anger and then the distress of Sirius' death, plus his crush on Cho, well, that was a lot to deal with and realizing that he has a soulmate in Hermione just hasn't occured to him yet. But throughout the book, Hermione became more and more important to him, by the end, he practically lost his mind at the thought she might be dead. She's in his head, in his consciousness and subconsciousness. It won't take much for him to realize she's in his heart as well.
So to make my other point...the books are canon but the movies are meant to reflect the meanings of the books. Unless we are to sit through 4 or 5 hours of movie (which would be fine with me), there's no way the movies can have everything that's in the books. I don't analyze SS to much cause they were only 11 years old. In CoS, they are 12, still just friends but starting to enter puberty. The two scenes that stand out to me: Harry holding Hermione's (pertrified) hand and stroking it with his thumb and of course the hug at the end. Both made it clear that Harry and Hermione have a connection. Then there's the joy that is POA. When I read the book, I did get a sense of Harry and Hermione's connection but when I saw it on the big screen, well, it just blew me away. Laura's excellent post in the previous thread gave us some insight into the reasons why POA the movie was H/Hr. And I think, too, that R/Hr isn't going to happen and therefore all we get are little tidbits of R/Hr action that is basically meaningless. All that bickering, the cat/rat argument, the handgrab and even the Trio hug (which wasn't R/Hr to me at all) just fell away when you witnessed the intense connection that Harry and Hermione displayed. The trust and especially the protectiveness between the two of them was awesome. Hermione first put herself in front of Harry (in the Shrieking Shack), declaring to a supposedly deranged murderer that he would have to kill her, too, if he wanted to kill Harry. Then later you have Harry placing himself between Hermione and a deranged werewolf, covering her body with his to protect her. If these two instances don't convince anyone that they love each other, what does? And even if you don't believe 14 year olds can be in love, the fact that they show such fierce concern for each other is enough for me to believe that they are certainly on their way to love.
Since the movies have to condense the books, it makes sense that they would show what is the inherent meaning of the books and what's important in the long run. R/Hr is not important. I don't think it's gonna happen. Even if something happens in GoF, the movie, I think it will just be to tantalize the folks that actually believe that the R/Hr relationship is headed somewhere. They might have a little something going on in GoF but as we know from OotP, it isn't going anywhere. I think the powers that be want GoF to appeal to the teens, to show the teenage puberty, "Hey, girls aren't icky anymore" thing and we're going to get a lot of "sex" but I think it'll be subtext...this movie is meant to be about Harry in the tournament and the return of Voldemort. That's what's important about GoF. Not whether Ron is crushing on Hermione.
I'm happy with the way the movies portray things. Cause to me, it's been H/Hr all the way. I'm definitely looking forward to GoF but I'm really looking forward to OotP. Hopefully with our trio. Cause Dan and Emma still have the "bomb ass" chemistry and it's only going to get better.

Thanks for listening, everyone!

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 02-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PncsKate24
Now watch come November, I'll be eating this very post, and Ron and Hermione will start shagging on the Yule Ball dance floor... (Sorry to put that vision in everybody's head)
With Krum gasping: "Herm-own-ninny...vot are you doing? I thought it was Harry Potter, not Ron!"

And if that happens. I'm walking out of the cinema.

Whinging aside, I'm glad that there is so much Sidekick stuff in the books and the movies - all it does is set up the foundation for H/Hr and put things in motion probably unbeknownst to 'common and 2D readers' who are more happy in taking things at face value. I will tolerate alot, only if I know something (however small it is) that proves against it. I just can't wait to see how Rowling pans it all out..

just when the devil reminds me of my past
i remind him of his future
Old 02-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

the way i see it, Luna is the only possible match for Ron, i mean is so clear ,she laughts at his jokes,she doesn't get upset when Ron is rude, she is the totally opposite to Hermione, and thats what Ron needs

no wander JK.R describe Luna as an Anti-Hermione

Quote:
Krum sees it, so does Cho...and I'm wondering if Ginny does as well.
you know i believe that Ginny knows something , and thats probably one of the reasons she gave up on Harry!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUE1974

you know i believe that Ginny knows something , and thats probably one of the reasons she gave up on Harry!
You know what. I never thought of that till just then! Add it to the bank, add it to the bank...

just when the devil reminds me of my past
i remind him of his future
Old 02-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Circe*
See, as far as I know, Bradley got that part right. Mordred is Morgaine's son; Mordred was conceived before Arthur knew he was Arthur and that Morgaine was his half-sis.

Of course normally Morgaine knows who she is all along, and is a really evil witch pagan...

You're saying Morgause was Mordred's real mum?

Interesting...none of the Camelot lore I've read has Morgause as the mum. Hmm...

I loved Galahad in the movie version. He was damn sexy!
Yup. I made extensive search, and found the earliest versions of the legend that I could. You wouldn't believe how skewed each of the characters got from the original legend, even Mordred.

I actually posted all my findings on a King Arthur (the movie) forum: Morgan, Morgause, and Mordred through the Ages

Edited to add: Heh, yup. I loved Galahad. Of course, Tristan was my very favorite. Then Lancelot, Dagonet, Galahad, and Gawain, and Bors. Arthur's in there somewhere, too. Except for Tristan, no one else is actually ranked.

Last edited by Jade Hunter; 02-02-2005 at 08:16 PM
Old 02-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I was looking around over at the Emma site (you know the one) and went to the forums to see what was being said. You know something I thought was interesting? There was a specific forum for shipper threads and the one for H/Hr had about 1,920 posts and the one for R/Hr had 861. That's like over twice as many posts. Now both threads stated that they only wanted posters who supported the ship to post there. Could be that H/Hr shippers are way more verbal than R/Hr shippers or... Are we sure that there are more R/Hr's than H/Hr's? Cause I really don't think that's true anymore....

Just an observation.

Sharon K
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 02-02-2005, 08:45 PM
ABG
Loyal Fan

Galahad I *heart* Hugh Dancy.

*cough Guinevere so should have ended up with Lancelot at the end of the movie cough*

they changed everything else, i don't see why they couldn't change that.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Lol.

Heh, I thought everyone should just stay single. The Arthur/Guinevere marriage was too rushed, and anything "lovey" between Lancelot/Guinevere would also have been too rushed. What, they've known each other for three whole days? Wow - it must be love!

Actually, most of the people who watched the movie thought Guinevere should impale herself on her own arrows and leave Arthur and Lancelot to get together. It is the popular opinion of the forum I frequent.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG I'm so lost at this conversation...I've never read any of these books you're saying but I did watch the King Arthur with Kiera and I thought she was perfect for Lancelot!

Just giving my opinion here to show you that I'm still alive

[Auror] [Padoonie]
Old 02-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Lord, I've been having such bad problems with my computer.

While we're still on the subject of King Arthur...

I liked the Clive Owen version better than "First Knight." I wasn't too crazy about the whole "Love Triangle" deal but I do like how Ioan and Keira portrayed their characters. There seemed to be a bit of a connection between them, sort of like a silent understanding.

Tristan was just freakin cool. And I loved Bors: "OF COURSE I'M GOING! SOMEONE HAS TO MAKE YOU SURE YOU DON'T GET YOURSELF KILLED!"

Jade: the uber cheese fest at the end kinda killed the moment. However Guinevere was willing to shag Arthur after a few days as well so... It was still a good movie though.

Kieu- I love your avie!

SharonK- are talking about e-w.net? I was actually so outraged at one post I signed up just to reply! I'm glad you enjoy my posts!

One thing I've noticed about the whole Ron/Luna thing is that Ron never really seems to have a reply when Luna just randomly says things...she completely throws him, which I find absolutely adorable. If these two get together in canon it's going to be freakin hilarious. I can totally see Ron getting all flustered when she makes him all embarassed:

"Oh Ronald! how sweet! Flowers for my birthday, you're so cute!"<---yes that was completely inspired from Gwendy's art

Quote:
Originally Posted by C, l'autrevoisinedepalier
...of course there was GoF in it and there was a little article that said what will happen in GoF and they said "the beginning of a love-story"!!
it's not really to i heard that, especially when it comes from your sister, an R/Hr shipper & who is happy to say it!
so it's official i'm !
You know in a way they're right. GoF is the beginning of a love story. I don't know where I saw this theory but I'm pretty sure it was here. Anyways, the last Chapter of GoF is called The Beginning. Now, to the readers it meant that it was the beginning of another war...but what happens in that chapter?

Then Hermione did something she never did before and kissed Harry on the cheek.

What of it was called "The Beginning" for an entirely different reason?

Also, the Yule Brawl: Why is it that we only see the ending of Ron and Hermione's blazing row? And after Hermione storms up the stairs and Ron splutters: "We'll- that just proves- completely missed the point".

Harry of course thinks that Hermione had indeed got the point...but what if she was wrong? What if that was just another big fat red-herring to make us believe Ron was jealous? Perhaps. But maybe he's angry for an entirely different reason. Ron may have been angry at Hermione for sometime. From what we've read from the books Hermione spent more time with Harry than Ron when they were arguing. I think Ron felt hurt by this and maybe his explosion at Hermione was to show Harry that Hermione isn't the perfect friend that Harry thinks she is. I mean look at what he says:

"Obvious isn't it? He's Karkaroff's student, isn't he? He knows who you hang around with...he's just trying to get closer to Harry-get inside information on him-or get near enough to jinx him-"

Wow...someone sounds bitter. You know Ron could have easily said about a hundred other things, but a closer observation tells me that Ron was indeed jealous...not Of Krum, but of Hermione's closeness to Harry.

What if we had completely missed the point?
Team Britney
Old 02-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrceptr350
I liked the Clive Owen version better than "First Knight." I wasn't too crazy about the whole "Love Triangle" deal but I do like how Ioan and Keira portrayed their characters. There seemed to be a bit of a connection between them, sort of like a silent understanding.

Tristan was just freakin cool. And I loved Bors: "OF COURSE I'M GOING! SOMEONE HAS TO MAKE YOU SURE YOU DON'T GET YOURSELF KILLED!"

Jade: the uber cheese fest at the end kinda killed the moment. However Guinevere was willing to shag Arthur after a few days as well so... It was still a good movie though.
Exactly. ::points to above post:: Which is why I believe there was no love in either relationship. Wedding was too rushed. Sex was believable, just as sex would have been believable between Lance and Guin, but marriage? After three days? Pfft!

On the topic that makes me squeal like a fangirl - Tristan was awesome! I love how he fights, just waiting, slash-slash, wait, slash-slash. Unlike the others, who do battle cries and charge into battle. Plus, hawk. Cool. And how deadly he was with his bow...and how when everyone was freaking out over the last mission, he just kept on eating his apple.

Bors was funny. I love him not in a man-meat way, but in a character way. Him and Vanora, and their eleven bastards (the poor woman!). Hehe.

Funny scene for your enjoyment:

Quote:
LANCELOT: Hey Bors. You intend on taking Vanora and all your little bastards back home?

BORS: Oh, I’m trying to avoid that decision. By getting killed.

[GAWAIN LAUGHS AND LANCELOT SMILES]

BORS (leaning over): Dagonet. She wants to get married, give the children names.

TRISTAN (sheathing sword): Women. The children already have names, don’t they?

BORS: Just Gilly. It was too much trouble, so we gave the rest of them numbers.

LANCELOT: That’s interesting. I thought you couldn’t count.

[KNIGHTS LAUGH]

BORS: You know, I never thought I’d get back home alive. Now that I’ve got the chance, I don’t think I’d leave my children.

DAGONET: You’d miss them too much.

BORS: I’ll take them with me. I like the little bastards. They mean something to me. ... especially number 3. He’s a good fighter.

LANCELOT: That’s because he’s mine.

[GAWAIN ALMOST SPITS IN LAUGHTER]
Old 02-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also, the Yule Brawl: Why is it that we only see the ending of Ron and Hermione's blazing row? And after Hermione storms up the stairs and Ron splutters: "We'll- that just proves- completely missed the point".
I often wondered about that, because there's a similar scene in GoF when Harry observes something that is later proved to be wrong: Krum and Hermione's talk at the lake. Harry approaches H/K and thinks that Krum is trying to turn Hermione's attention back onto the fact that "he just rescued her from the lake". But Harry is wrong, as we learn later through a few lines from Hermione. Much later. We learn that just before Harry joined them, Krum was telling Hermione how he felt for her and that's what he wanted to draw her attention back on, which makes Hermione's uber-attention for Harry even more telling.

So who says that Harry's observation about R/Hr after the Yule Brawl was right? We see everything through Harry's eyes. If he witnesses something and takes it the wrong way, then we do, too.

Oh, and on an entirely different note: JKR updated her extras section and added a lot of background information on Owls. I just can't believe that - after reading things like that - some people still say JKR doesn't give this kind of stuff that much thought so there can't be any symbolism there.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top