Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

HOLY CRAP WHAT DO I MISS WHEN I WATCH TV AND DO HOMEWORK??

agh!

Jane- hey you're not a newbie, you're an oldbie! i remember you from threads of yonder. i love coming to this thread.

goddamn yethro is a god of the fanart for aurors. that picture is amazing, i can picture a scene lori wrote i believe in one of her amazing stories with that picture.

jade hunter- awesome avis! i need to find another harry and hermione avi, i've had this avi since PoA came out.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Re: Ron is Dumbledore!

Quote:
Originally posted by *Circe*
Allright, so yesterday when I was chatting with these chicas, Sis sent me a link to The Weirdest Theory Ever.

So apparently, Ron is Dumbledore. But as I was sitting around talking with my cousin about it, I got kinda weirded out. If Ron is Dumbledore, then how must Dumbledore look at Hermione?

~Belle
UGH!

That's just....UGH.

I think some theories are a little bit um...odd. There's a "Krum is Crookshanks" which leads to "Crookshanks is Lily Potter". Erm...there's also been "Dumbledore/Voldemort is Harry's father", "Hermione works undercover for the ministry" which I think was turned into a small ficlet..." Lily was a deatheater and got it on with Snape" which leads to " Snape is Harry's father".

Okay, so does everyone think Lily is a tramp? Honeslty.

*coughs*

But after reading that theory it does offer a few twists, perhaps if anything mere coincidences. And I thought it was the colour Maroon Ron hates...not socks.

but one thing I never thought about is how Dumbledore knows everything going on inside the school- the moving pictures.

Kathy, who's turning into a posting whore
Team Britney

Last edited by Intrceptr350; 12-02-2004 at 04:45 AM
Intrceptr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:34 AM
New Fan

Re: Ron is Dumbledore!

Quote:
Allright, so yesterday when I was chatting with these chicas, Sis sent me a link to The Weirdest Theory Ever.

So apparently, Ron is Dumbledore. But as I was sitting around talking with my cousin about it, I got kinda weirded out. If Ron is Dumbledore, then how must Dumbledore look at Hermione?

~Belle
Holy crap! This is such an interesting analysis that its giving me goosebumps. But, naah, do you really think that Ron is Dumbledore? It's a good twist, but realistically, I don't see it happening. But then again, this theory does make a lot of sense...hmm...

It happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of our lives like busboys in a restaurant.

If Mickey is a mouse, Donald is a duck, Pluto is a dog. What's Goofy...?
QueenOfHollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

hey tar i just took one of your avis, the one that says "always there for you"

also for the website, i've had a website on angelfire for the past two years or so and i'll help wherever you need me.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Ron is Dumbledore!

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrceptr350
UGH!

That's just....UGH.

I think some theories are a little bit um...odd. There's a "Krum is Crookshanks" which leads to "Crookshanks is Lily Potter". Erm...there's also been "Dumbledore/Voldemort is Harry's father", "Hermione works undercover for the ministry" which I think was turned into a small ficlet..." Lily was a deatheater and got it on with Snape" which leads to " Snape is Harry's father".

Kathy, who's turning into a posting whore
And don't forget about the "Hermione is Voldemort" theory. OH! And the "Harry and Hermione are siblings" one!

Sharon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

I'm barely coherent enough at this point to process much of anything, much less crazy theories. Finally finished my paper, though, so yay for that.

And at song lyrics. I know when they are sung it doesn't sound so lame, but when I read them just straight on the page I laugh at how cheesy they are. I'm not a big fan of fluff.
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

can i just say that if harry and hermione are siblings that i will puke probably in a bucket next to my bed when i read that because i'll still want them together and it'll be all incestuous. EW!

there's also that theory that james is alive and in lupin's body. that one i find really mean. if i was harry, i'd be hurt and pissed off beyond reason if i found out that my dad had been alive when he had to suffer at the dursleys that whole time.

going to read the slightly skewed recaps...i love them. nevermind its not up yet...damn. kate is gonna have a field day with PoA

i love being a posting whore!

that should be our next title

The male does not resist in the female's advances.

Harry: "Where's that freaking trojan man when you need him?"
Old 12-02-2004, 04:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
OH and the "Harry and Hermione are siblings" one!
Gee...I wonder if a sidekicker wrote that one...

I mean some theories are rather good, that make you go "Hmm...I never thought about that before" and shouldn't really make you say "WTF?!?"

Not that I'm complaing about awesome H/HR essays but it would be really nice to read a theory about something other than a ship...much like the "Ron is Dumbledore" but not as wierd, you know?

okay...really must go to bed.

ETA-
Quote:
Harry: "Where's that freaking trojan man when you need him?"
Oh my.

The "Lupin is James" theory- yeah I've heard of that one. It's that secret keeper thing taken to a whole new level.
Team Britney
Intrceptr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

Great choice of avi, Shannon.

Old 12-02-2004, 04:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Natalie*
Janes, HAG! It's nice that you finally came down from your tree, you squirrel. And yes, your lovely banner's still being an eyesore in the intro!

ETA: Jane says that she's new, mainly because she has a mental disorder. She thinks that she's a squirrel, after all.

... what in the

EDIT:

Quote:

~Belle
I would think your source is unreliable
jk_d25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Ron is Dumbledore!

Quote:
I would think your source is unreliable
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrceptr350
UGH!

[/i]
But the Ron is Dumblydore theory is actually pretty well thought out, despite the fact that it is rubbish!

The other theories...can be easily dispelled. But this one, wow, very well written...

Other than the fact that Ron iis scared to death of spiders, and Dumblydore doesn't fear anything except for perhaps Harry's death, then I don't see how that would work.

On that same page there is also a 7 moves 7 years theory. Very good one, analyzing the chess came in PS.

Although the whole sacrifice of Ron is analyzed as him not dying but going back in time, I think he's gonna die. I'm sorry, I do. I'll bawl like a baby when he dies, but I can't stop it.

Ron does have seer like qualities, and his little comments like the whole tea leaves spelling out "Die Ron, Die!" and the whole thing about him getting trampled over by a hippogriff, well...

Although Hippogriffs are metaphors for love no? Maybe he'll be trampled over by love....

Harry and Hermione do indeed ride the Hippogriff together, and when Harry is hiding and Hermione is the only one who can get him...who is in the room with him? Buckbeak.

Woohoo!

~Belle
Old 12-02-2004, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

belle- WORD. haha i couldn't resist.

i really hope ron doesn't die but i also have this sinking feeling that in the next book or the last one he is going to die trying to save harry or hermione or both or something while in a fight with voldemort. it'll be horrible, i'll cry all over my book. family members/roommates may think i'm crying over a real person or something and be worried about me. harry will blame himself totally for it, hermione will grieve with him and if they aren't already together, it'll push them even closer and they may kiss or something in all the feelings they have. i don't want it to happen that way, though. anyway if ron died it would be horrifying to read and even worse for the aftermath but i think it'll happen.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

If Ron dies, I'll be shocked. I don't want him to, I love his character so bloody much!

And the whole "hipogriff=love" theory fits perfectly for our OTP. I've always loved that theory.

Old 12-02-2004, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

Ok this different time zone thing is officially unfair! I go to sleep and I miss all the fun. Oh well...

Belle Thanks for the new thread! It looks so pretty!

Welcome to all the newbies and oldbies!

Now on to that Ron is Dumbledore thing...how is that possible? I mean, they've been in the same room together a hundred times! Of course it's a magical world but honestly? I can't see JKR doing that, because it'd kinda destroy who Ron is and make us feel like we didn't really know him after all. It'd just be...weird. Anyway I don't buy it.

All those gorgeous pics made me so giddy! And it's only 7 in the morning!
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:19 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jk_d25
... what in the
And see, the denial from Janes' mental disorder keeps her from admitting that she thinks that she's a squirrel, causing her to be even more delusional than she already is!

And about Ron being Dumbledore, it's an interesting theory, though a bit far-fetched. Ron does have Dumbledore-ish tendencies, like stating uncanny things at offbeat times that can be used as foreshadowing.

But seriously, give JK more credit than that! True, she oftentimes writes events in a really, really unusual way, a way that really catches some readers off-guard. But still, that's almost as bad as saying that Harry's Dobby.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top