Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal (View Post)
First post.

DH1 was probably the best adaptation out of all 8 movies – it brought the books to life in a way that none of the others did (CoS and PP came very close though).

The dance scene. Holy ####ing hell. Immediately my conscious mind acknowledges: “Yo, this ain't in the book, dawg.” I was watching it in the theater at the time and it was apprehensive because you didn't know exactly where it was going to go. The friend that was mentioned earlier (watched CoS movie) was with me at the time. He was also entranced.

Then Harry and Hermione share a long look.

HOLY ####. Time stops. At this point I'm on the edge of my seat. I was thinking “Oh my God. They're going to kiss. They are actually going to kiss. Please make it happen....”

Couldn't breathe. Couldn't think. I don't think a single person in the theater was able to; no matter who you shipped, no matter if you hadn't read the books. Could've heard a pin drop.

Then she turns away. I felt trolled, man. I got trolled so hard by this scene. Both friend and I sighed heavily, slumped back in our seats, and shook our heads a little. We were definitely not the only ones to react that way though, but no one laughed at those who did.

It was like everyone understood the significance of that moment and what it meant to Potter fans – new, old, movie-first or bookworm.

Thank you, David Yates, for being a Harmony shipper.
Welcome to the thread

Icon: Si_Crazy
Old 02-22-2014, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This title
Old 02-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

That's quite a way to make an entrance! Excellent first post!

And welcome!
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 02-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've never posted in here before, but I've been a longtime H/Hr shipper. And I felt compelled to post this. Has anyone seen this article?!

J.K. Rowling Regrets Hermione, Ron Romantic Harry Potter Relationship - Us Weekly
Old 02-22-2014, 03:07 PM
New Fan

Thanks guys, glad to be here. Suffice to say you'll see me in the H/Hr thread often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny287 (View Post)
I've never posted in here before, but I've been a longtime H/Hr shipper. And I felt compelled to post this. Has anyone seen this article?!

J.K. Rowling Regrets Hermione, Ron Romantic Harry Potter Relationship - Us Weekly
Oh yeah, we've had a grand February, the Harmony shippers. As luck would have it, the announcement came up on the Google news portion on the morning of my 24th birthday, Feb 2nd.

Got to wake up on a great day and it kicks off with THAT news. It's like someone sneaked Felix into my morning coffee.

I was all like
Old 02-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Welcome to Fanforum!

I first got that news on Facebook trends.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

I will always remember that day, it was three weeks ago Actually it was in the middle of the night for me and let´s say I was too excited to sleep

Old 02-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks guys, glad to be here. Suffice to say you'll see me in the H/Hr thread often.

Oh yeah, we've had a grand February, the Harmony shippers. As luck would have it, the announcement came up on the Google news portion on the morning of my 24th birthday, Feb 2nd.

Got to wake up on a great day and it kicks off with THAT news. It's like someone sneaked Felix into my morning coffee.

I was all like
I just found out about it today! I totally reverted back to my 17-year-old fangirl self and went nuts. I feel like it almost makes up for the last 7 years of having to deal with the reality of a R/Hr, H/G canon.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I just found out about it today! I totally reverted back to my 17-year-old fangirl self and went nuts. I feel like it almost makes up for the last 7 years of having to deal with the reality of a R/Hr, H/G canon.
Yeah; once you're on board Harmony you're on board for life.

I had always by the text thought Hermione/Harry & Ron/Luna were going to be the endgame couples. Unlike Ginny Luna's been awesome from the time we met her and she deserves to be the consolation prize. It sounds mean when I say it like that though but no other girls come anywhere close to stacking up against Luna.

Ron/Hermione & Harry/Ginny were by and far the WORST possible pairings I could've thought up. Those two make the worst possible pairings on so many different levels it just makes me swell up like a bullfrog in indignation thinking about it. Reading 2nd half of HBP was a crap day.

I originally shipped Harmony because I thought their hug in the COS movie was great, and Ron got friend-zoned pretty hard just after. Plus Krum got uber jealous of Harry even if I thought it was an overreaction. Looking back those were silly reasons but I was like 13 at the time and didn't know dick all about women. It was more appropriate that the more I grew up the more it made sense when I read between the lines, because H/Hr is a mature relationship and not a lustful or surface one at all.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah; once you're on board Harmony you're on board for life.

I had always by the text thought Hermione/Harry & Ron/Luna were going to be the endgame couples. Unlike Ginny Luna's been awesome from the time we met her and she deserves to be the consolation prize. It sounds mean when I say it like that though but no other girls come anywhere close to stacking up against Luna.

Ron/Hermione & Harry/Ginny were by and far the WORST possible pairings I could've thought up. Those two make the worst possible pairings on so many different levels it just makes me swell up like a bullfrog in indignation thinking about it. Reading 2nd half of HBP was a crap day.

I originally shipped Harmony because I thought their hug in the COS movie was great, and Ron got friend-zoned pretty hard just after. Plus Krum got uber jealous of Harry even if I thought it was an overreaction. Looking back those were silly reasons but I was like 13 at the time and didn't know dick all about women. It was more appropriate that the more I grew up the more it made sense when I read between the lines, because H/Hr is a mature relationship and not a lustful or surface one at all.
I was about the same age, though it was my grandmother who originally shaped me into a H/Hr shipper. I got the first book when I was 9 and became obsessed, and she wanted to know what was so great about it. She read the first two and mentioned how much she liked the romance between Harry and Hermione. I thought she was nuts (because I was a kid and didn't see any romance) but as I got older, I agreed with her and became a die-hard Harmonian. Reading HBP and DH was horrible! Especially considering DH was one big "screw over the Harmonians" fiasco. At least, that's what it was in my 17-year-old mind.

I think it's sort of sad that the new generation of Harry Potter readers never got to experience the shipping wars. They could get ugly, but man, I had a lot of fun debating the text with people online.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I was about the same age, though it was my grandmother who originally shaped me into a H/Hr shipper. I got the first book when I was 9 and became obsessed, and she wanted to know what was so great about it. She read the first two and mentioned how much she liked the romance between Harry and Hermione. I thought she was nuts (because I was a kid and didn't see any romance) but as I got older, I agreed with her and became a die-hard Harmonian. Reading HBP and DH was horrible! Especially considering DH was one big "screw over the Harmonians" fiasco. At least, that's what it was in my 17-year-old mind.

I think it's sort of sad that the new generation of Harry Potter readers never got to experience the shipping wars. They could get ugly, but man, I had a lot of fun debating the text with people online.
Ronmione shippers constantly use the two most annoying points to support why they like the theory.

"The hero always gets the girl, too cliche"
"It's cool because Harry and Hermione are now Weasleys yay"

Almost zero to do with the literature or characterization themselves, which now seems appropriate given Rowling's comments.
Quote:
For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.
Any 'fun' in the Shipping Wars were solely to do with the interaction between fellow Harmony shippers. It's a deeper, more soulful relationship - leading to much more thoughtful posts and theorybrewing and a heightened sense of connection between 'our lot'.

DH wasn't actually that bad regarding H/Hr and Hr/R, actually. It was the vileness of the latter part of HBP that really put a ****ter on Harmony spirits. The only awful part about it was Ron and Hermione's make-out session - but otherwise some amazing Harmony moments in there. Here's an essay on them - some are kind of straw-clutching but others are bullseye.

The first half of HBP was amazing though. It really highlighted the good chemistry between the two, and especially coming after the Harmony bible (OotP) I felt like it was a given after these two passages.

1.) "Did you really tell him I’m the best in the year? Oh, Harry!”

Hermione positively beams with affection for him. Ron gets punted to one side.
"**** yeah!!!!!" I thought.

2.) "It’s not Quidditch that’s popular, it’s you! You’ve never been more interesting, and frankly, you’ve never been more fanciable.”"

Ron easily acts the most jealous of Harry I have seen ever, while Hermione's fawning over him matter-of-factly.

At this point I thought it was in the bag, I was like "That's a WRAP son! Game, set, match"

Then the unthinkable happens.

**** me.....we got trolled hard by HBP.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

HBP always came off as really bad fanfiction to me. It made me feel like JKR was spending a little too much time online in the fan forums and not enough developing the plot. I felt like all the characters were way out of character, especially Hermione. I also thought that the love potions thing was going to play out in the main plot and that would explain why everyone was acting so weird.

I've always loved the "never been more fanciable" quote. Harry really is so dense. I feel almost that Hermione chose Ron over Harry just because Harry never got it. She gave up on him.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just want to take this moment to bring up a point made in the Rules & Introductions thread.

01. Be respectful and do not bash other posters, actors, charcters or other ships. This rule is strictly enforced on this board.

Please leave discussion/bashing of Ronmione out of this thread. The HHr thread is to discuss Harry/Hermione.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Cool
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top