Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

{Young Warrior} Lily Evans #1: "You've been so brave, sweetheart." - Lily

Welcome to the 1st Lily Evans thread.

Tumblr Source: Lily Potter (née Evans)

Lily Potter, the woman who saved the world.

Tumblr Source: I am pulling the zig zag plottah!

Trivia
*Evans is a Welsh or English surname derived from the given name Evan. As a Welsh name, Evan means "young warrior"
*Lily Evans (30 January 1960 – 31 October 1981) was a Muggle-born witch, the daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Evans, & Petunia's sister.
*Lily Evans learned that she was a witch as a child, after Severus Snape, who lived nearby, told her of the existence of magic
*During their seventh year, James Potter matured greatly which led to Lily Evans finally agreeing to go out with him.
*Sometime after graduating from Hogwarts in 1978, Lily Evans and James married, with Sirius Black serving as James' best man.
*Lily's only granddaughter, Lily Luna Potter, was named after her
*The given name Lily comes from the name of the flower, which is a symbol of purity.
*Lily's youngest grandson (Albus Severus) and her son (Harry Potter) are the only Potter members to inherit Lily's eyes.
Link: Harry Potter Secrets: Lily Evans Facts + Quotes (with Sources)

Young Warrior | Lily Evans fans

1) baelfire24
2) L i N d $ @ y
3) free to fly
4) GoddessofYouth
5)*OldHollywoodStarlet*
6) ImmortallyUsed
7) cherrypie12345

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 02-28-2014 at 09:17 AM
Old 06-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh good Lily has a thread now all by herself!

I always loved how much Lily Luna looked like her grandma in the film.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT Mia! Fantastic OP btw, I LOVE IT!

Please add me to the supporter list as well.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

L i N d $ @ y: Added you

Quote:
“She was a very pretty woman. She had dark red hair and her eyes—her eyes are just like mine, Harry thought, edging a little closer to the glass. Bright green—exactly the same shape but then he noticed that she was crying; smiling, but crying at the time.” -Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
Source: http://lett-me-go.tumblr.com/post/50...e-had-dark-red

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for adding me.

Ugh, I love that gifset. Do you think had Lily lived she'd make a great Hogwarts professor or do you see her doing something else?

Old 06-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thanks for adding me.

Ugh, I love that gifset. Do you think had Lily lived she'd make a great Hogwarts professor or do you see her doing something else?
Two careers that I think Lily could have done if Voldemort didn't kill her: Hogwarts Professor or a nurse/doctor at St Mungo's.

Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Oh, add me please? She's my favorite female from the HP books, if only we knew a little more about her...

And I've read her being a teacher or a doctor on fanfics before, I can see her doing either as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by free to fly (View Post)
Oh, add me please? She's my favorite female from the HP books, if only we knew a little more about her...

And I've read her being a teacher or a doctor on fanfics before, I can see her doing either as well.
Added you to the list.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Moderator Manager

I can definitely see both of those careers for Lily too, Mia. Just as long as she takes care of or teaches other people, I'm all for that.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Please add me to the supporters list, Mia. :flower:

I could see Lily as a healer, professor (preferably Potions), or a Potions researcher, like Marcus Belby's uncle (he invented the Wolfsbane Potion), if she, James, & Harry hadn't been targeted by Voldemort.

Here's a Lily and Marlene friendship fanfic.In Her Eyes
Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

GoddessofYouth: Added you to the list.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)
Here's a Lily and Marlene friendship fanfic.In Her Eyes
Thanks for the fic rec.

Credit

Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Source: http://formerlyisenguards.tumblr.com/

Quote:
It could probably be watched without an explanation, but for those of you that like backstories...here ya go:
::takes a deep breath::
For starters, I was re-reading OotP, and made it only through the first couple chapters before I had to stop and do this. I kept thinking about how strange Petunia was acting, especially after Dumbledore's Howler. J.K. has said that Petunia has no magical powers and never will...so how in the world does she know about the magical world if she and Lily did not get along, and presumably didn't talk about such things. One radical idea that I had was that possibly Petunia and Lily were extremely close, even after Lily was accepted to Hogwarts. It was only after her death that Petunia went somewhat mental, rewiring her brain to focus on all the negative aspects of their relationship, in order for her to accept the death more easily. Essentially, Petunia made herself believe that she hated Lily so she didn't have to deal with her feelings of loss. This could also explain why she hates Harry so much, because he is a constant reminder of her demented past.
I know this is a crazy theory, but it gave me the idea for this vid, so there you go. Now to the story in the video: Petunia gets Dumbledore's Howler, and is forced to face reality...her sister is dead. The beginning part is the Spirit of Lily comforting Petunia, trying to remind her of the happier times, but Petunia wakes and there is no one there, causing her to doubt if there was anyone in the first place. So after some flashbacks and flash-forwards, typical look-how-happy-we-were stuff, it finally gets to the last few weeks of Lily's life. While visiting each other, Lily is attacked by a dementor -- which Remus gets rid of -- and makes Petunia (who can't see it) freak out. Later she starts yelling at Lily, telling her to give up the fight against Voldemort. When Lily refuses, Petunia freaks out again and starts beating the crap out of Lily, not to hurt her, but just to release her frustrations and fears. They make up, but it's very strained. Tragically, before they can truly forgive each other, Lily is killed. Petunia is devastated, and that is when she rewires her brain. Presto- chango -- Harry is dropped off on her doorstep and Petunia vows to hate him -- like she thinks she hated his mother. Years later she receives Dumbledore's Howler and suddenly, "It's all coming back to (her) now."
::exhales loudly::

Source: Lost In Narnia - YouTube

Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Very nicely done and well thought of. Thanks for posting that vid, Mia.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Very nicely done and well thought of. Thanks for posting that vid, Mia.
I wish we knew more about Lily's relationship with her sister Petunia when they were growing up.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top