Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

sin city premier was lastnight and no josh but at least he has the best excuse for that... filming in bulgaria
Old 03-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hello, I very rarely venture from other boards(ones on which i feel safe ), but Katka's sig made me come here to save the board! so i did!

i post all the time at the Sin City thread on Elijah's board, so now i'll post here bye
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Billy:"Dom's an idiot."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 03-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

welcome to the board
Old 03-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

one small hobbit lover: Welcome! BTW, I looove your icon. You a Lost fan as well?
Old 03-31-2005, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by one small hobbit lover
Hello, I very rarely venture from other boards(ones on which i feel safe ), but Katka's sig made me come here to save the board! so i did!

i post all the time at the Sin City thread on Elijah's board, so now i'll post here bye
You can feel safe here, as well

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh yeah, definitely!
We're like the safest people at Fanforum. LOL!
I've seen you at the Johnny Depp forum. Am I right?

~ Carla
Old 03-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Katie-
The point of the movie?
No, the point of adding extreme violence. Makes it less enjoyable, imo.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
Old 03-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm not too much of a violence fan so I admit to being a little wary but I am still so psyched up for the movie, the reviews for it have been excellent. I'm afraid of getting my hopes up to high though.

I am seeing the movie for sure Saturday night so I will definatly let you guys know what I thought.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

TOP STORY
'Sin' B.O. spin is an easy win
Dimension hoping for wages of 'Sin' at B.O.

By Gabriel Snyder
Â*
Dimension's "Sin City," which has been coming on strong in tracking, especially among males, unspools this weekend at 3,230 theaters. Meanwhile, MGM's "Beauty Shop," which is attracting mostly femme interest, opened Wednesday in 2,659 locations, taking in $2.1 million its first day.
Also this weekend New Line is taking "The Upside of Anger" wide to 1,111 venues after three weeks of encouraging limited play. On just 197 screens last weekend, the Kevin Costner-Joan Allen romancer has so far grossed $4.4 million.
Robert Rodriguez's adaptation of Frank Miller's "Sin City" comics has been gaining interest over the last few weeks as Dimension intensified its marketing campaign. Industry observers expect it to easily win the frame, though how high it may go remains uncertain.
Tracking numbers are similar to "Constantine," which opened with $29.8 million over the three-day Presidents Day weekend. Like "Sin Cit! y," the Keanu Reeves comic adaptation went out with an R rating, which may have hampered its grosses by keeping younger fans out of theaters.
"Sin," however, seems to be skewing toward older auds, possibly alleviating any B.O. impact of the R.
Biggest opening ever for the month of April came in 2003, when "Anger Management" bowed to $42.2 million, besting the record set the previous year by "The Scorpion King" ($36.1 million). Last year, Miramax released Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill Vol. 2" on April 6 and saw a first frame haul of $25.5 million.
"Beauty Shop," the Queen Latifah-led spinoff from the Lion's successful "Barbershop" franchise, is pursuing a largely separate aud, so there's not much of a zero-sum contest this weekend.
Biz is likely to accelerate over the weekend on the pic. In February 2004 MGM saw "Barbershop 2" open to $24.2 million.

source:variety
Old 04-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Katie-
one small hobbit lover: Welcome! BTW, I looove your icon. You a Lost fan as well?
well truthfully i've never seen it as its not on here yet, but i have downloaded promos and cant wait till it comes here!

thanx for the welcome, and denrito yeah you have coz i love love love him hehe

by the way you guys should call me Emma coz my username is long!

ON TOPIC:

i have the sin city trailer on DVD coz it came with my film mag and its a very good trailer, and i cant wait till its out here!
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 04-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Emma, it's a good show, I am just going to tell you now to stay away from spoilers.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just got in a little bit ago from seeing this movie. I went for the 8 o clock show and that one and the 8:30 were sold out so had to wait till 9:45 to see it. My eyes were glued to the screen for the most part. Some of it was kinda hard to watch. It's kinda violent in parts but there were also parts that had the crowd laughing. Since I'm such a huge Josh fan I go see/rent any movie he is in. I had no plans tonight so I went and saw it. Josh is really not in it that much. A few at the first and at the end. It was a well made movie though. I think people should at least try watching it. It was definately a different kinda movie and that made it even better. I overall liked the movie. Very unique. I'm no movie critic but I think everyone should at least give it a try.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

^ glad you enjoyed the movie Everyone who saw it says it's pretty good. I must see it as well

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Does anyone know when Sin City is out in the UK?

I've asked at the Sin City thread on Elijah's board, but no one seems to know.
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 04-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

I'll see if I can find the dates..

I'm going to see the movie tonight