Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

Annette was in that movie "Being Julia" right? I haven't seen either movie (that and Million Dollar Baby) so I'm not sure who I would pick to win.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

yeah but i´m talking about in 1999 when annette was in american beauty, i haven´t seen being julia either.

SCARLETT SAYS THE DARNDEST THINGS
PLANS CHARITY TRIP TO ASIA BEFORE BULGARIA

Scarlett Johansson will be getting "a painful set of vaccination jabs next week" as she plans a charity trip to meet victims of the December tsunami in India and Sri Lanka, according to ContactMusic.com. Following that trip, Scarlett will fly to Bulgaria to begin shooting The Black Dahlia. The article quotes the actress as saying, "Bulgaria should be interesting. Probably just as well I'm having the vaccination shots for Asia - they'll come in handy for Bulgaria. What do they eat over there... cabbage?" ContactMusic is known for pulling quotes from other newspaper and magazine articles and presenting them out of context, so it remains to be seen where this quote may have originated from. Meanwhile, Dahlia costar Hilary Swank took a trip to Mexico with husband Chad Lowe this week, while Josh Hartnett has been in New York filming Lucky Number Slevin. All three actors plan to fly to Bulgaria March 14th to begin work on The Black Dahlia.

http://www.angelfire.com/de/palma/
Old 03-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Oh gotcha. Wow, that's weird, it seems like the same 3 people were up against one another.

Thanks for the news, maybe we'll get some on-the-set pictures.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:52 AM
Master Fan

yup we should have on set pics
Old 03-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait. I just love when new pictures of Josh come out, makes the day soo much brighter.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

i know me too, we are the easy pleasers types
Old 03-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

We definatly are, but that's a good thing.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

yup yes it is
Old 03-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

According to this place to this place Aaron Eckhart has been cast as Lee for the BHD (the part mark whalberg was gonna play i think)

His profile
Old 03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

LERNER AIMS FOR A-LIST

Los Angeles Times columnist Patrick Goldstein ran an interview this week with Avi Lerner, executive producer of Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia. The article talks about how Lerner has made his name with B-movie fare featuring the likes of Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal, but is now preparing to step into the big time, coming out of left field to (hopefully) surprise Hollywood. "Over the next five months," writes Goldstein, "[Lerner] is starting production on movies with such major stars as Bruce Willis, Nicolas Cage and John Travolta, as well as two recent Oscar winners, Morgan Freeman (who's teamed in a film with John Cusack) and Hilary Swank, who's costarring with Scarlett Johansson and Josh Hartnett in The Black Dahlia, which starts shooting in a few weeks in Bulgaria, with Brian De Palma directing." Lerner says that the De Palma film has a budget of $68 million, and that most of these films are being financed through deals with major German film investment funds such as Equity Pictures and VIP, that, Goldstein writes, "provide financing for many independent producers like Lerner." And Lerner has a good track record: only five of his 260 films have ever lost money. But he is realistic about the dangers of a small company trying to play with the big fish. Referring to others who have tried and failed, Lerner tells Goldstein, "They all did what we try to avoid — they tried to compete with the studios. The difference between me and the others is that between our German tax deals and foreign sales, I can recoup the money for the budget even if, God forbid, the movies go straight to video. But do I worry? From my heart, I'm worried. Can I succeed where everyone else has failed? I worry about that all the time." Lerner tells Goldstein that even though The Black Dahlia is set in 1946 Los Angeles, he can save up to 80% of what it would cost to film in L.A. by filming in Bulgaria instead. "A good carpenter in L.A. costs $2,000 a week, but a carpenter in Bulgaria costs maybe $250 a week," he told Goldstein. "Since a normal salary in Bulgaria is $150 a week, we're paying them more money than they could normally earn, so I'm helping their economy and saving us money." Goldstein then writes:

It is futile to point out that the jobs he creates in Bulgaria come at the expense of jobs in America. Lerner sees himself as an underdog who has to create his opportunities wherever he can find them. If the studios, which have far more money, take productions overseas, why shouldn't he? Having fought in four wars, by his count, he is not given to sentiment...

The Black Dahlia will be filmed at Lerner's Bulgaria studio, but Goldstein writes that it is something of a stretch to call it a studio. When he asked Lerner how many soundstages it had, Lerner laughed and said, "We don't need soundstages. It's so quiet in Bulgaria you can just shoot in a warehouse. As long as there's no train or highway next to you, it's no problem."

http://www.angelfire.com/de/palma/
Old 03-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

I read the info from the first page, and this seems really awesome. I love reading books based in the 40's era on crime drama...so intriging

So this movie just started filming this year? So it probably won't be out til next?

Cor

darylღbeth
Old 03-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

It starts filming in march but i´ve no idea when it comes out i´m hoping this year but i doubt it so early 2006 seems likely..

It´s a book by the same guy that wrote LA Confidential and is directed by Brian De Palma so it has the making of a great movie
Old 03-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavm
It starts filming in march but i´ve no idea when it comes out i´m hoping this year but i doubt it so early 2006 seems likely..

It´s a book by the same guy that wrote LA Confidential and is directed by Brian De Palma so it has the making of a great movie
JamesÂ*Ellroy, right? He's really good, I've never read anything by him but my mom loves his stuff. I'll have to get the book first so I'm fimilar with the story

Cor

darylღbeth
Old 03-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Yes James Ellroy if you search through the first pages you´ll find some reference to it. I´ve never read anything of his but i keep hearing great reviews of his work so i should really start reading up
Old 03-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavm
Yes James Ellroy if you search through the first pages you´ll find some reference to it. I´ve never read anything of his but i keep hearing great reviews of his work so i should really start reading up
I'll have to do that

My mom loves his the Lloyd Hopkins trilogy books, I only read the cover info on it, it they seem really good

Cor

darylღbeth