Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

MIA TAKES ON THE DAHLIA
L WORD STAR A PERFECT FIT FOR ICONIC ROLE

She's comfortable with nudity, comfortable with women, and possesses a striking and haunting "exotic" beauty. According to elmundo.es, Mia Kirshner has taken on a role in Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia. And according to a tip from "ghost" at the briandepalma.net forum, Kirshner will play the title role: the Dahlia (Elizabeth Short) herself. Kirshner, who starred in Atom Egoyan's unforgettable Exotica when she was 16, has been getting noticed lately for her work on Showtime's The L Word, where she plays a heterosexual woman who has been seduced by a lesbian. Playing the subject of Hollywood's "most notorious" unsolved murder is an interesting choice for the actress, who is also working on a book called "I Live Here," which, according to the JHU Gazette, is "an examination of the unsolved murders of hundreds of young women along the Texas-Mexico border over the past 11 years."

http://www.angelfire.com/de/palma/
Old 03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Remember that writer guy found some more about that story

Shoot for the Star

Paul Hennessey believes he discovered buried treasure in the otherwise insufferable 2001 film Pearl Harbor. The jewel, says Hennessey, came by way of Josh Hartnett, whose yeoman effort rescued the film from the botched work of more well-known thespians Ben Affleck and Cuba Gooding Jr.

A novice screenwriter from southern Missouri, Hennessey wants Hartnett to play the leading role in Flames, which tells the tale of a 1942 nightclub fire that killed 492 people. So determined is Hennessey that he placed a half-page ad in the alternative newsweekly in Hartnett's hometown of Minneapolis.

"I've been trying for almost 3 years to get a script to you that will probably win you the award for Best Actor in the Academy Awards and the SAG (Screen Actors Guild) awards," reads the ad, published in City Pages. "However, it's been a real struggle because I am an UNKNOWN. I don't know anyone in the business...this is a last resort."

Reached by phone in his double-wide just outside the town of Alton, the budding screenwriter says his $990 investment has yet to yield pay dirt.

"I need a pretty big star," the 59-year-old retiree confides. "Someone who can bring in a producer with enough money to make the film."

Ideally, he says, he'd cast the singer Jewel as Hartnett's romantic interest. But that's another long shot, and right now Hennessey is determined to concentrate on the Hartnett angle. "I sent off an express-mail copy of the script this morning to a woman who's friends with Josh," he reports. "She's going to give it to him this week."

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/issue...ws/unreal.html

Lmao shees well you got have dreams and goals in life
Old 03-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Is Holmes Where the Hartnett Is?

March 23, 2005

Has Katie Holmes rebounded with another solid, all-American guy (and no, we don't mean Pacey)? Just a few weeks after the former "Dawson's Creek" cutie broke off her engagement to Chris Klein, she has been spied in the company of Josh Hartnett.

According to the New York Post, the willowy actress, 26, recently made the scene at a Manhattan hotspot with the coif-challenged "Sin City" hunk, also 26, although her presence apparently wasn't enough to prevent him from attracting oodles of attention from the opposite sex.

In addition, a Gawker.com reader recently sent the site an unsubstantiated report claiming the pretty pair was engaged in a smooch session on a New York City street. Says the spywitness, "As I got closer they cooled down."

Given such incontrovertible evidence (and by "incontrovertible," we mean completely sketchy), is there a romance blossoming between the fresh-faced Midwesterners? Not according to their respective reps.

"I do know that Josh and Katie are friends and have been for a long time," Hartnett's publicist tells MSN Entertainment, adding that the actor is currently in Bulgaria shooting the Brian De Palma-directed crime drama "The Black Dahlia." "I doubt they are dating."

Holmes' spokeswoman also plays up the pal angle, telling us, "I can say they are friends."

Holmes and Klein announced the end of their nearly five-year relationship in early March, a little more than a year after the wholesome duo got engaged (a wedding date was never set). Katie is currently residing in New York, where she's been shooting the black comedy "Thank You for Smoking."

Hartnett, meanwhile, has been on the market since breaking up with his on-again, off-again high school sweetheart Ellen Fenster about a year ago. Let's hope he's finding the time to sample the many delights Bulgaria has to offer.

In related news, Katie's former on- and off-screen love Joshua Jackson may have a new sweetie. The London Mirror reports the erstwhile Pacey Witter, who's currently appearing in the London stage production of David Mamet's "A Life in the Theatre," is dating a celebrity stylist named Hannah Sandling.

"Josh met Hannah only a matter of weeks ago but they're completely smitten," a Josh insider tells the paper. "They've been inseparable ever since."

And it could be getting serious: He's reportedly tapped Sandling to decorate his rented London digs.

By the by, the paper says Holmes caught Jackson's performance on Monday, although a source relays, "She and Josh assure everyone they're just close friends."
Someone posted this on Katie Holmes board, so I thought I would post it here, since it mentions Josh.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

thanks for that, there no denying they would make a cute couple
Old 03-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for all the news/gossip

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 03-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news~
Old 03-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks everyone for keeping us updated!
Bunny #69
http://sadieversus.com
Old 03-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

HARTNETT TRAINING AT GRAND HOTEL SOFIA
I mentioned the Bulgarian newspaper 24 Hours above, with the pictures from the Bulgarian sets of The Black Dahlia taken approximately three weeks ago, while they were still being built. The newspaper featured an article about the film in its March 23rd edition, saying that "Pearl Harbor star Josh Hartnett" is undergoing boxing training at the Grand Hotel Sofia, in order to get into proper condition "for the upcoming shooting of The Black Dahlia." (The Sofia News Agency had mentioned earlier this week that costar Aaron Eckhart was undergoing similar training with Hartnett in Bulgaria.) The paper said that costars Hilary Swank and Scarlett Johansson were expected to arrive in one week.

http://www.angelfire.com/de/palma/

More Black Dahlia updates here in the official thread
Old 03-30-2005, 04:35 AM
Pav
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the article!
Old 03-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Passionate Fan

For the latest on Josh Hartnett.......

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful/...05/050331.html
Old 03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

"...Katie Holmes (when she isn't incessantly running at the gym)..."
Is Katie some kind of a sports freak?

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katka
Is Katie some kind of a sports freak?
Not at all. Ted is just exaggerating again. Katie does like to run a few times in a week (to clear her mind as she says). That's all. I wouldn't call that a sport freak.

Another article about this whole Katie/Josh thing:

HOLMES DATING HARTNETT?
31/03/2005

KATIE HOLMES has been romantically linked to a new man since the end of her engagement to CHRIS KLEIN - actor JOSH HARTNETT.

Since her February (05) breakup, Holmes has been spotted with Hartnett on various occasions around New York City.

The 26-year-old pair, who both keep homes in Manhattan, dined together at Holmes' regular haunt Pop Burger on 22 March (05) - and sources claim to have seen them sharing a passionate kiss in the actress' trendy West Village neighbourhood.

But a representative for Hartnett states, "They have been friends for a long time, so it wouldn't be romantic kissing. Perhaps it was a friendly peck."

Avi by xclover
Old 03-31-2005, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Hunger Games

I was going to post some more Josh/Katie articles, but I see you've all been supplied with them already.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel_Dawes

But a representative for Hartnett states, "They have been friends for a long time, so it wouldn't be romantic kissing. Perhaps it was a friendly peck."
Lol! Sure it was

And welcome to the newbies

~ Carla
Old 03-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

friendly peck my ass but is that acknowledgement of a "kiss" uhm interesting

thanks for all the latest news people