Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-19-2004, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

Lots of new stuff in move career discussions thread

so please stop by and voice opinion [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Stars Love Sin City

March 18, 2004 - The Hollywood Reporter says a slew of stars are poised to join writer-director Robert Rodriguez's big-screen version of Sin City.

The Dimension Films adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel series has reportedly landed the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Mickey Rourke, Brittany Murphy, Kate Bosworth and Jaime King. Josh Hartnett and Marley Shelton have already shot their roles.

THR points out, however, that "some of the actors have already signed on for parts in the pic, while others are only in discussions or have just received offers to join the cast."

Oscar-winner Benicio Del Toro and Maria Bello are also said to be on the filmmakers' wish list.

The trade reminds us that "Sin City will be composed of three intertwining vignettes revolving around a dark set of characters that call the fictional corrupt town home." Filming begins soon in Austin.
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/500/500002p1.html

so from that it appears that josh role is a small one but we´ll have to wait and see.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the info. So now is Crazy in Love? the title? That just says more about the movie...i hope the next projects turn out to be great movies
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 03-25-2004, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

'Whale' tale finally takes plunge with Hartnett

Quote:
GOOD MORNING: "He's the reason it's getting made." The "he" is Josh Hartnett and the film is "Mozart and the Whale." The project's been in/outta the works for seven years, admits Ron Bass, who scripted and is one of the four producers for Avi Lerner's Millennium Films. Pic was originally at DreamWorks with Steven Spielberg to direct and Robin Williams interested to star. Hartnett plays an Aspergen Syndrome (a form of autism) male lead to similarly affected Radha Mitchell. Bass won an Oscar for the screenplay of "Rain Man" (1988), which starred Dustin Hoffman as the autistic savant. While Hartnett is gaining fame for epics like "Pearl Harbor" and "Black Hawk Down," with "Wicker Park" and "Black Dahlia" coming up, this role is a complete new look at him and his talents. Bass cannot compliment Hartnett enough about his desire to play the role -- which has a true life background. "The role is for a William H. Macy, shy kind of guy. But why couldn't it be for a guy who's so gorgeous (as Hartnett)? It (autism) strikes who it strikes," Bass said. Bass describes femme costar, Mitchell as "a young Michele Pfeiffer." Bass says the film is "a love story that stands on its own -- plus an added dimension." ... Hartnett says, "I've been trying to get this film together for a year." From the Spokane, Wash., location of "Mozart and the Whale" he elaborates, "I did everything I could to make it happen. " And that includes forgoing his rapidly rising salary. In addition to helping raise the money, he did research on the role in various autistic groups And he says "playing this role has made me more honest. Autistic people can't tell lies to keep up a façade. They react honestly. Hopefully it will seep into my life." He says the script "is so interesting -- a love story with a struggle -- like everyone's and it has a realistic ending." Yes, Hartnett has a different look. And, he notes, "I walk and talk a little differently -- little things, mannerisms. But I decided against dyeing my hair" ... Costar Mitchell is next seen in "Man On Fire" starring Denzel Washington and "Neverland" with Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet and Dustin Hoffman. "Mozart And the Whale" is directed by Petter Naess who won the Oscar for "Elling."
Source www.variety.com

So it looks like the title is back to mozart and the whale well thats according to www.imdb.com
Old 03-26-2004, 03:00 AM
Supreme Fan

let's see if I've got it well... Mozart and the whale = Crazy in love?
Old 03-26-2004, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -:
<STRONG>let's see if I've got it well... Mozart and the whale = Crazy in love?</STRONG>
Mozart and the whale = Crazy in love = Mozart and the whale [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 06:19 AM
Supreme Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] okay.. I prefer the "mozart and whale" title, it sounds more artistic
Old 03-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

'Mozart and the Whale' comes to Gonzaga

Spokane chosen as filming location for its low profile and industrial look without big-city feel

The sun wasn't the only thing shining on campus Monday -several Hollywood stars descended on various Gonzaga locales to shoot a movie. Teen pin-up Josh Hartnett and a small crew of roughly 20 people set up shop early in the morning behind the Crosby Student Center to film parts of the independent film "Mozart and the Whale," slated for a fall release.

Word of the surprise sighting spread quickly among students as many awe-struck girls whipped out cellphones and hurriedly dialed their friends.

By noon, the gawkers were out in full force. Hundreds of them milled around the production site, which had moved to the Quad in front of Hughes Hall.

Hartnett, 25, clad in a non-descript grey sweatshirt, jeans and aviators, didn't seem distracted by the hordes of female fans, largely keeping to himself. At one point, he cut off an impromptu autograph session, explaining he had to go eat lunch. Meanwhile, adoring fans summoned up everything from camera phones to scrap pieces of paper just to take home a memento.

"Mozart" is a romantic comedy involving two young people afflicted with Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism. Ron Bass, the Academy Award-winning screenwriter of such films as "Rain Man," "My Best Friend's Wedding" and "How Stella Got Her Groove Back," penned the script. This is Norwegian director Petter Naess' first English-language film. Previously, he directed "Elling" in 2001, which received an Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Language Film.

Upon hearing of a need for crowd extras, students eagerly jumped at the chance. Since the film is set in autumn, the crew excluded any people wearing sandals, shorts or any other summer garb, leading a few students to dash back to their dorms to don jackets and long pants, despite the hot weather.

Junior Calley Ekberg enjoyed her time in the spotlight.

"It shook things up a little in my day ... it was just cool to see a famous person," she said.

Junior Mike Zavaglia was also an extra.

"It was the first time I ever got to be a part of something like that," he said. "It brought a little more excitement to the atmosphere of Gonzaga."

The question on many people's minds was "Why film in Spokane?"

According to Juan Mas, a line producer with Spokane-based North by Northwest Productions, the director chose the Lilac City for its low profile as well as its industrial look without the huge metropolitan feel of a major city. The crew was particularly drawn to the Riverfront Park area, with its location along the Spokane River and the lush vegetation.

Shooting began on March 1 and will continue until April 12. The film will be shot entirely in Spokane, using many landmark areas, including Manito Park, the Davenport Hotel, the Spokane Transit Authority Plaza and various downtown areas. At Gonzaga, scenes were filmed at the Dakota and Desmet intersection (behind the COG) and in the Foley Center.

Playing opposite Hartnett is Australian up-and-comer Radha Mitchell, who was also seen on campus Monday. She had a lead role in the 2002 thriller "Phone Booth," and will soon be seen alongside Johnny Depp in "J.M Barrie's Neverland," scheduled to drop in October.

Hartnett, a regular fixture on the covers of teen magazines, rose to fame in the late 1990s with a starring role in "Halloween: H20" and later hit it big in 1999's "The Virgin Suicides" and 2000's "Pearl Harbor."

Having whetted the palate of Hollywood-starved Spokanites, what are the chances of more movies coming through town? Apparently, good.

"[We're] talking to a lot of companies," said Mas. And while they might be low-budget indie flicks, there are "high-profile actors attached to [them] because of their love for independents."

He said there are high hopes for a couple more films to shoot in town by the end of the year.
http://www.gonzagabulletin.com/news/...ml?mkey=551455
Old 04-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Black Dahlia: According to James Ellroy during an interview for the French TV channel ARTE, shooting begins in June.
www.darkhorizons.com
Old 04-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

New pic from Mozard and the Whale
http://upload.mindless-innovation.com/storage/MATW4.jpg

[ 04-07-2004: Message edited ellavm ]
Old 04-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

New thread