Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

more on this from aintitcool.com will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Quote:
Thursday, March 18, 2004
SIN CITY cast begins to leak...
Hey folks, Harry here... Well - a small part of the cool line up for SIN CITY leaked to Chris Gardner at The Hollywood Reporter! It seems he most likely got a source over a Miramax (as he also broke the Jake Gyllenhaal as Britt Reid aka The Green Hornet) and got some agents to confirm some of it all... But here's who he says is in SIN CITY...
Leonardo DiCaprio
Bruce Willis
Elijah Wood
Mickey Rourke
Brittany Murphy
Kate Bosworth
Jaime King
Not bad eh? Add that to Josh Hartnett and Marley Shelton and you've got a helluva cast. Thing is though... that's not all of em. The details on the above list is this... They are all in talks and most of them are getting close to closing on their deals - but they are not yet DONE DEALS. Two of the biggest names still haven't broke, and I don't want to put the possibility of them getting in the film in question by leaking it quite yet, but... Both of them are immensely awesome. Gardner also mentions the potential of Benicio Del Toro and Maria Bello residing in Basin City - but I don't have the scoop on their involvement right now.
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17215
Old 03-19-2004, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

[ 03-19-2004: Message edited ellavm ]
Old 03-19-2004, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

Source

Wicker Park
Release Date: September 3, 2004

Josh Hartnett keeps flexing his acting muscles for movie audiences by appearing in a variety of roles. He has been very successful in the past and this film should be no exception. This time he takes on the psychological thriller genre in this remake of the 1996 French film L'Appartement, which won Best Foreign film awards from both the British Academy Awards and the British Independent Film Awards.

Hartnett plays Matthew, a Chicago investment banker whose true love mysteriously vanishes. Matthew decides to leave the city and start anew. Two years pass and Matthew has moved on with his life (or so he thinks). Back in town, he catches a fleeting glimpse of a woman he believes to be his long-lost love. He begins an obsessive campaign to track down this woman, who must be his former love, and find out what really happened to her. Of course, his actions send him down a dark and dangerous path that could lead to self-destruction.

Production started on December 16th, 2002 in Montreal and Chicago on a budget of $30 million and wrapped early in 2003. This was after a couple false starts that were planned for January and October of 2002. It was originally titled Obsessed (for obvious reasons), but was changed to Wicker Park. On a cast note, Josh Hartnett’s role was originally offered to Brendan Fraser and Freddie Prinze, Jr., who both declined. (Marty Doskins/BOP)

Vital statistics for Wicker Park
Main cast Josh Hartnett, Matthew Lillard, Rose Byrne
Supporting cast Diane Kruger, Jessica Pare, Christopher Cousins
Director Paul McGuigan
Screenwriter Brandon Boyce
Distributor MGM
Old 03-19-2004, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

THE BLACK DAHLIA
31 January 2005

So we are looking at 2004 for wicker park and carzy in love(aka. mozart and the whale), and 2005 for sin city, the black dahlia and the rum diary [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

losts of josh coming up
Old 03-19-2004, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

More Sin City from aintitcool.com

Quote:
SIN CITY begins to get crazy cool
Hey folks, Harry here... Michael Fleming at Variety.com has broke a story about how Robert Rodriguez, in order to be able to have Frank Miller as his co-director on SIN CITY, resigned from the Director's Guild (DGA) as to not set a potentially damaging precedent which could be abused outside of this particularly unique situation. However, in talking to Michael Fleming he spilled the beans on some of the additional "Holy ****" cool things about SIN CITY.
#1: He says that Quentin Tarantino will be a "Special Guest Director" on one of the Sin City stories in the film!!!
#2: In addition to the names mentioned in yesterday's story - he mentioned to Fleming that he's been talking with Johnny Depp, Steve Buscemi, Christopher Walken and Michael Douglas!
Add those names to Leonardo DiCaprio, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Mickey Rourke, Brittany Murphy, Kate Bosworth, Jaime King, Josh Hartnett, Marley Shelton, Maria Bello and Benicio Del Toro and you've got a potentially amazing line up, possibly the biggest all star line up for a comic adaptation period.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Helmer strays from DGA
Rodriguez turns in card to co-direct 'Sin City' with Miller

Robert Rodriguez is one filmmaker who doesn't see himself as an auteur. In fact, he likes company when directing a movie, even if it means having to resign from the Directors Guild.
Days before beginning production on the Dimension drama "Sin City," Rodriguez resigned his DGA membership so that he could co-direct with Frank Miller, a film neophyte who created, wrote and illustrated the three-book graphic novel series on which the movie is based.

DGA rules dictate that there be only one director assigned to direct a motion picture at any given time, although the guild occasionally grants a waiver to that policy. On Thursday, a DGA spokesman said, "The guild regrets Mr. Rodriguez's resignation, however, we stand firmly behind the principle of one director-one film."

Rodriguez portrayed his ankling as hardly acrimonious; he asserted that since his movie is so unorthodox, he decided it would be easier both for him and the DGA if they're not shackled together when production begins Monday on his soundstages in Austin, Texas, beginning Monday.

For one thing, Rodriguez plans to have Quentin Tarantino direct part of the film, along with Miller and him. Tarantino may be billed as a "special guest director" or whatever title Rodriguez wants to bestow, now that he's no longer under strict DGA guidelines about who gets behind-the-camera credit.

It's not the first time that Rodriguez has quit the DGA. He did so a decade ago so he could take part in the Tarantino-orchestrated film "Four Rooms," released in 1995.

Rodriguez said it would be easier to turn his card in again than test the rigorous DGA rulebook.

"I didn't want Frank to be treated as just a writer, because he is the only one who has actually been to 'Sin City,' " Rodriguez said. "I am making such a literal interpretation of his book that I'd have felt weird taking directing credit without him. It was easier for me to quietly resign before shooting because otherwise I'd have been forced to make compromises I was unwilling to make. Or set a precedent that might hurt the guild later on."

Rodriguez often agrees with the spirit of DGA policies, but they "make it very hard to do something that is exciting and different, which is exactly how I sold this project from the beginning," he added.

Rodriguez, who partly financed "El Mariachi" by volunteering himself for medical experiments, has always been comfortable making films by the seat of his pants, even though he has built studios in Austin grand enough to accommodate both "Sin City" and the pic he'll direct right after, the $100 million Paramount sci-fi blockbuster "A Princess Of Mars."

He hardly seemed rattled, for instance, that aside from his DGA defection and welcoming a new baby, he was in the thick of assembling cast for a film that begins shooting in four days. Rodriguez has been talking with the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Bruce Willis, Steve Buscemi, Brittany Murphy, Christopher Walken and Michael Douglas.

All that's certain is that Mickey Rourke will anchor the story segment that will begin shooting Monday. The remaining cast will draw from those who are available for a reasonable price to work a short shift in a cool film.

None of this would have been possible if Rodriguez hadn't pledged to make Miller a major part of the creative process.

Though Miller has done acclaimed graphic novels on Batman and Daredevil and created the Elektra character that will be reprised by Jennifer Garner in the Rob Bowman-directed "Daredevil" spinoff film, the author refused to sell "Sin City" to any filmmaker. Rodriguez wanted it badly enough to write a feature script on spec and shoot the first scene on his own dime with Josh Hartnett and Marley Shelton. That and a promise to make Miller his co-director won Rodriguez the property.

Rodriguez also said that quitting for the second time was hardly traumatic. He was persuaded to rejoin the DGA before directing"The Faculty" because DGA brass told him he was about the only significant working director who wasn't a member.

The helmer also asserted that the DGA needs to do a better job of judging individual cases rather than working from a rulebook.

"I'm fine with leaving and they're fine with my leaving," he said. "Someone in my position doesn't need the protection of the guild as much as a newcomer who might get strong-armed by a film company. In my case, the obstacles I face come from the guild. Studios are only too happy when I suggest shooting something in digital, or when I try to do 20 jobs at the same time on my movies. I don't consider this a negative thing, and perhaps it's better that I resign and come back later than have someone use my precedent as an example to strong-arm a directing credit they don't deserve on some future film."

Other directors who are not members of the DGA include George Lucas and Tarantino.

Date in print: Fri., Mar. 19, 2004, Los Angeles
WWW.VARIETY.COM
Old 03-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
She replaces Rachel Weisz, who had to drop out of the film due to schedule conflicts.
ooohhh, so Rachel is dropping? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] how sad, I love Rachel

Quote:
This time he takes on the psychological thriller genre in this remake of the 1996 French film L'Appartement, which won Best Foreign film awards
[img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] I hate these remakes made nowadays, like Vanilla Sky, I hated it, and others

ella thank a lot for all the info [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

Quote:
with Josh Hartnett and Marley Shelton
cool! I love Marley [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I need indediately to see a movie of josh....
a really good movie!! a great character, a interesting history and please..... no more funny scene!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

i totally agree with you on that remake thing, they usually arn´t half as good as the orginal. However since i´ve not seen that french movie i don´t mind that much. I´m just hoping that it will do although i´m sure it won´t be a big boxoffice draw. But i think the rum diary and sin city will be huge, and Black Dahlia looks promising and crazy in love(mozart and the whale) is directed by the guy that made Elling who was just brilliant so high hopes there. All in all we are in for alot josh in the next 2years [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
FILM PRODUCTION CHART

THE BLACK DAHLIA

Josh Hartnett (news), Mark Wahlberg (news), Scarlett Johansson (news)
PROD, Art Linson, Rudy Cohen, Moshe Diamant; DIR, Brian De Palma (news); SCR, Josh Friedman.
Signature Pictures. 5/24, Los Angeles.

Yahoo!
so anybody in LA around that time, go stalk [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
FILM PRODUCTION CHART
Thu Mar 11, 7:00 PM ET

MOZART AND THE WHALE

Josh Hartnett (news), Radha Mitchell (news), Gary Cole (news), Allen Evangelista, Sheila Kelley, Erica Leerhsen, John Carroll Lynch, Nate Mooney, Rusty Schwimmer, Robert Wisdom Avi Lerner, Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short; PROD, Robert Lawrence, Frank DeMartini, James Acheson; DIR, Petter Naess; AD, Marc Dahlstrom; SCR, Ron Bass; DP, Svein Kroevel; ED, Miklos Wright; PD, Jon Steed; ART, Vincent DeFelice; SET, Lacey Kay; COS, Kiki Makado; SND, Nigel Elliot; UPM, Juan Mas; CAST, Deborah Aquila; P, Susan L. Levin.

Millennium Films (6423 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048, 310-388-6900, Fax: 310-388-6901). 3/1, Washington.

Yahoo
Old 03-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
James Ellroy is the thinking man's Elmore Leonard. Same pulp fiction roots, but Ellroy tells darker and more complex tales - most famously in LA Confidential. If this is a patch on that film, we'll be thrilled, but surprised. The subject matter of this one is pitch black, which may put many off. And while De Palma can handle a set piece like no one else, he will need to be on top form to draw convincing performances out of his leads.
source
Old 03-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Stars Love Sin City

March 18, 2004 - The Hollywood Reporter says a slew of stars are poised to join writer-director Robert Rodriguez's big-screen version of Sin City.

The Dimension Films adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel series has reportedly landed the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Mickey Rourke, Brittany Murphy, Kate Bosworth and Jaime King. Josh Hartnett and Marley Shelton have already shot their roles.

THR points out, however, that "some of the actors have already signed on for parts in the pic, while others are only in discussions or have just received offers to join the cast."

Oscar-winner Benicio Del Toro and Maria Bello are also said to be on the filmmakers' wish list.

The trade reminds us that "Sin City will be composed of three intertwining vignettes revolving around a dark set of characters that call the fictional corrupt town home." Filming begins soon in Austin.
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/500/500002p1.html

so from that it appears that josh role is a small one but we´ll have to wait and see.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

'Whale' tale finally takes plunge with Hartnett

Quote:
GOOD MORNING: "He's the reason it's getting made." The "he" is Josh Hartnett and the film is "Mozart and the Whale." The project's been in/outta the works for seven years, admits Ron Bass, who scripted and is one of the four producers for Avi Lerner's Millennium Films. Pic was originally at DreamWorks with Steven Spielberg to direct and Robin Williams interested to star. Hartnett plays an Aspergen Syndrome (a form of autism) male lead to similarly affected Radha Mitchell. Bass won an Oscar for the screenplay of "Rain Man" (1988), which starred Dustin Hoffman as the autistic savant. While Hartnett is gaining fame for epics like "Pearl Harbor" and "Black Hawk Down," with "Wicker Park" and "Black Dahlia" coming up, this role is a complete new look at him and his talents. Bass cannot compliment Hartnett enough about his desire to play the role -- which has a true life background. "The role is for a William H. Macy, shy kind of guy. But why couldn't it be for a guy who's so gorgeous (as Hartnett)? It (autism) strikes who it strikes," Bass said. Bass describes femme costar, Mitchell as "a young Michele Pfeiffer." Bass says the film is "a love story that stands on its own -- plus an added dimension." ... Hartnett says, "I've been trying to get this film together for a year." From the Spokane, Wash., location of "Mozart and the Whale" he elaborates, "I did everything I could to make it happen. " And that includes forgoing his rapidly rising salary. In addition to helping raise the money, he did research on the role in various autistic groups And he says "playing this role has made me more honest. Autistic people can't tell lies to keep up a façade. They react honestly. Hopefully it will seep into my life." He says the script "is so interesting -- a love story with a struggle -- like everyone's and it has a realistic ending." Yes, Hartnett has a different look. And, he notes, "I walk and talk a little differently -- little things, mannerisms. But I decided against dyeing my hair" ... Costar Mitchell is next seen in "Man On Fire" starring Denzel Washington and "Neverland" with Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet and Dustin Hoffman. "Mozart And the Whale" is directed by Petter Naess who won the Oscar for "Elling."
Source www.variety.com

So it looks like the title is back to mozart and the whale well thats according to www.imdb.com
Old 03-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

'Mozart and the Whale' comes to Gonzaga

Spokane chosen as filming location for its low profile and industrial look without big-city feel

The sun wasn't the only thing shining on campus Monday -several Hollywood stars descended on various Gonzaga locales to shoot a movie. Teen pin-up Josh Hartnett and a small crew of roughly 20 people set up shop early in the morning behind the Crosby Student Center to film parts of the independent film "Mozart and the Whale," slated for a fall release.

Word of the surprise sighting spread quickly among students as many awe-struck girls whipped out cellphones and hurriedly dialed their friends.

By noon, the gawkers were out in full force. Hundreds of them milled around the production site, which had moved to the Quad in front of Hughes Hall.

Hartnett, 25, clad in a non-descript grey sweatshirt, jeans and aviators, didn't seem distracted by the hordes of female fans, largely keeping to himself. At one point, he cut off an impromptu autograph session, explaining he had to go eat lunch. Meanwhile, adoring fans summoned up everything from camera phones to scrap pieces of paper just to take home a memento.

"Mozart" is a romantic comedy involving two young people afflicted with Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism. Ron Bass, the Academy Award-winning screenwriter of such films as "Rain Man," "My Best Friend's Wedding" and "How Stella Got Her Groove Back," penned the script. This is Norwegian director Petter Naess' first English-language film. Previously, he directed "Elling" in 2001, which received an Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Language Film.

Upon hearing of a need for crowd extras, students eagerly jumped at the chance. Since the film is set in autumn, the crew excluded any people wearing sandals, shorts or any other summer garb, leading a few students to dash back to their dorms to don jackets and long pants, despite the hot weather.

Junior Calley Ekberg enjoyed her time in the spotlight.

"It shook things up a little in my day ... it was just cool to see a famous person," she said.

Junior Mike Zavaglia was also an extra.

"It was the first time I ever got to be a part of something like that," he said. "It brought a little more excitement to the atmosphere of Gonzaga."

The question on many people's minds was "Why film in Spokane?"

According to Juan Mas, a line producer with Spokane-based North by Northwest Productions, the director chose the Lilac City for its low profile as well as its industrial look without the huge metropolitan feel of a major city. The crew was particularly drawn to the Riverfront Park area, with its location along the Spokane River and the lush vegetation.

Shooting began on March 1 and will continue until April 12. The film will be shot entirely in Spokane, using many landmark areas, including Manito Park, the Davenport Hotel, the Spokane Transit Authority Plaza and various downtown areas. At Gonzaga, scenes were filmed at the Dakota and Desmet intersection (behind the COG) and in the Foley Center.

Playing opposite Hartnett is Australian up-and-comer Radha Mitchell, who was also seen on campus Monday. She had a lead role in the 2002 thriller "Phone Booth," and will soon be seen alongside Johnny Depp in "J.M Barrie's Neverland," scheduled to drop in October.

Hartnett, a regular fixture on the covers of teen magazines, rose to fame in the late 1990s with a starring role in "Halloween: H20" and later hit it big in 1999's "The Virgin Suicides" and 2000's "Pearl Harbor."

Having whetted the palate of Hollywood-starved Spokanites, what are the chances of more movies coming through town? Apparently, good.

"[We're] talking to a lot of companies," said Mas. And while they might be low-budget indie flicks, there are "high-profile actors attached to [them] because of their love for independents."

He said there are high hopes for a couple more films to shoot in town by the end of the year.
http://www.gonzagabulletin.com/news/...ml?mkey=551455
Old 04-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
STEFANI AUDITIONED FOR DAHLIA
WITH "SOME YOUNG GUY NAMED JOSH"

Gwen Stefani was interviewed for a Vogue April cover story just after returning from an audition with Brian De Palma for The Black Dahlia. Stefani said that she auditioned with "some young guy named Josh." That would of course be Josh Hartnett. It would appear that Stefani was auditioning for the part of Madeleine, as she mentions that the character, like the Dahlia herself, Beth Short, has black hair. But Stefani expressed some doubts about being offered, or even taking, the role: "It was really humiliating and nerve-racking, but I feel like I did pretty well," she said. "But I don't know whether I would ever even do it if they offered it to me because it's a kind of a racy part. I know I'm not going to get it, because I think the character is so the opposite of me. She's really dark and naughty and ****ty. And she has black hair." Stefani, who was cast by De Palma's friend Martin Scorsese as Jean Harlow in the upcoming Howard Hughes picture The Aviator, told MTV last month that she'd had doubts about landing that role, as well. She got the part in that one, and it is interesting to note that De Palma has long had a desire to film his own Howard Hughes picture. David Koepp wrote the screenplay for Mr. Hughes in 1998, and Nicolas Cage was hot to play Hughes in the film, but the trio could not get a studio to commit to the project. With Scorsese's high-profile film hitting screens this November, it seems unlikely any studio would take a risk on another big Hughes production anytime soon. In any case, here's hoping Stefani gets the part-- haven't seen her act yet, but if she's good, she could be extraordinary. Other actresses De Palma has either met with or considered for the role of Madeleine include Jennifer Connelly, Charlize Theron, Eva Green, Naomi Watts, and Mia Kirshner .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/de/palma/