Joined: Jun 2000
Moderator Support Team Opening Announcement
We’re looking to add more Moderator Support Team Members to temporarily moderate boards here on Fan Forum, so if you’re interested, please PM your application to Johnnie. If you applied the last time there were openings on the Moderator Support Team, please re-send your application, so we’ll know that you’re still interested in the position. The deadline to get applications in is Friday, September 9th, Midnight GMT-4. Thanks!
Please note the following:
1. If you’re assigned to temporarily moderate a newly added board, you would moderate that board for approximately one month, then we'll post a Moderator Opening Announcement on that board, and you’ll be removed as a moderator when the permanent moderators are appointed to that board. When moderating new boards you will expected to give the moderator managers feedback on people who applied for the board.
2. If you're assigned to temporarily moderate an existing board, you'll be listed as a moderator on that board until the permanent moderator returns.
3. We don't want to create a situation where someone that is interested in permanently moderating a board is assigned as its temporary moderator, because it wouldn't be fair to hand a board to someone without having them go through the normal application process, so please understand that any board you get assigned to temporarily moderate is just that, a temporary assignment, so it would be best for anyone on the Moderator Support Team to not have a vested interest in the new boards that they're going to be assigned, and you can work that out with us as these boards are added (There's appropriate threads on the MST board).
4. Members of the Moderator Support Team have their own Private Board where we will give you assignments and you can discuss issues related to these assignments and get to know your fellow Moderator Support Team Members.
5. Members of the Moderator Support Team can apply to permanently moderate a new board, but as stated previously, you can't temporarily moderate a new board that you want to moderate permanently, because it would look like you're being handed the board without having to go through the normal Moderator Application Process.
6. As a member of the Moderator Support Team you cannot moderate more than 3 permanent boards. If you wish to moderate more than 3 permanent boards we will have to ask that you leave the MST.
7. The maximum amount of boards that we'd want a Moderator Support Team member to moderate generally is five boards, which means if you moderate one board you can be assigned up to 4 temporary boards, and if you moderate two boards you can be assigned up to 3 boards, and if you moderate 3 boards you can be assigned up to 2 boards.
If you're a Moderator here or if you were a former Moderator and/or a former Manager here and you're interested in being a part of the Moderator Support Team, please send Johnnie a Private Message with the following information:
1. Your User Name.
2. The Message Board(s) that you currently moderate. If you're a former moderator or Manager, please indicate what Message Board(s) that you used to moderate.
3. How long you've been a moderator. If you're a former moderator or Manager, please indicate how long you were a moderator and what years you moderated.
Note: We want candidates that have been moderators here a minimum of six months, either now or in the past.
4. How much time that you can devote to the boards that you'll be temporarily moderating.
I will try and send a reply that I have received the application after receiving it. I will however be away from August 30th - September 5th, so applications sent in around that time will likely have a delayed response of acknowledgement.
If you're interested in being a part of this team, you'll be doing a great service for Fan Forum, and we'd love to have you as a member of this team. If you have any questions or comments, please feel to contact Johnnie or NikNak.
Joined: Jan 1999
Forums On The Low Post Count Warning List - Please Read - Updated 8/24/2016
Hi everyone. We have a policy here that if a forum doesn't meet the minimum daily average of 15 Posts a Day when I do the Monthly Post Counts and/or if it goes without a post for more than 48 Hours, it gets placed on a Low Post Count Warning List, and after that, the forum is on probation for six months. If the forum meets the minimum daily average of 15 Posts a Day and/or if it doesn't go without a post for more than 48 Hours during that time, it's taken off the list, but if doesn't meet the daily average for a second time and/or it goes without a post for more than 48 Hours during that time, it's closed.
Up until now, the Low Post Count Warning List has been shown on the Moderators Forum, but the Moderators and Managers and I felt that it would be a good idea to post this list here so everyone can see it, so no one can say that they weren't aware that a board was in danger of closing if it closes.
Therefore, here is the current Low Post Count Warning List with the date each forum was placed on the list and the date they'll be taken off the list. I will update this list every month or as necessary.
More information about this topic can be found at the Boredom Busters thread at the Info Center Forum.
You can also find more information about this topic on the individual forums on this list.
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Joined: Jan 1999
Official Fan Forum Rules and Guidelines - Updated 1/31/16
Fan Forum Rules and Guidelines
Note: Any recent updates to these rules and guidelines will be shown in blue.
Hi everyone, and welcome to Fan Forum! We want your posting experience here to be an enjoyable one, so we’ve set rules and guidelines for the discussion forums on this website. We’ve divided these rules and guidelines into specific areas:
Note: Failure to adhere to the above rules can result in the loss of your posting privileges. Rule infractions may result in warnings or points assigned to members’ accounts at the discretion of the Moderator Managers and Website Administrator. Members who accumulate too many points will be automatically banned according to the following levels:
3 Points = 3 day ban
4 Points = 7 day ban
5 Points = 2 week ban
6 Points = Permanent ban
Questions and Information:
Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world.
Members can check each forum to see if they have any rules in addition to the site-wide rules listed here, and please contact the forum moderators if you have any questions about those additional rules.
The Fan Forum Management Team:
Administrator: Jerry D
Communications Team Managers: dancing in the rain and follow your heart
Graphics Team Managers: room to breathe and running wild
Senior Moderator Manager: Chris
Moderator Managers: ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥,*Stephie*, heaven85, if i could fly, L i N d $ @ y, Tennessee Whiskey, through the wire and verbis diablo
System Manager: Raonaild
Website Manager: Johnnie
Moderator Support Team Managers: Johnnie and NikNak
If you have any questions or concerns about site policy, or if the moderators on any message board are unavailable, please contact one of the Moderator Managers.
Thanks for being a member here, and have fun!