Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Supreme Fan

*Cafe a la Josh* GRAND OPENING ~ A place for ALL Josh fans to gather

Welcome everybody, to the Grand Opening of Cafe a la Josh!

I've thought long and hard about this day, and this thread will really be a work of art. The purpose is to unite all of Josh's fans, no matter what clique they were previously in [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What is Cafe a la Josh?
Basically, this thread is a mixture of a bunch of different threads. Mainly, we're here to appreciate Josh, his movies, and all of his achievements. But more importantly, this is about his fans. All of you out there, coming together and just having lots of fun! The point is to get to know one another, so that together we can keep the Josh lovin' alive!

What makes this thread different from all the others? And what can we expect from Cafe a la Josh?
This thread is different because it's taking the best thing from each of the other threads (you guys!) and combining it into one awesome thread! But that's not all it is, below is a list of things you can look forward to from Cafe a la Josh!

~Every thread (or possibly every week) we'll have a new discussion topic, to keep the thread active and interesting. That way people will want to join in the activities, and won't be lurkers! [img]smilies/lurking.gif[/img] = [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
~We'll have cool polls and trivia questions about Josh that'll go in the beginning post of every thread. [img]smilies/bubble.gif[/img]
~It doesn't have to be all about Josh! It's also about all of you! There'll be plenty of off topicness going on, and it's all because the Josh fans want to get to know each other better. We'll start off by having questions periodically about you the posters! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
~This thread will also contain links to other parts of the board, so if there's a specific area that you'd like to visit, you'll have easy access! Underneath the links we'll also have names of the members that post there and at Cafe a la Josh so that you'll have a buddy to talk with if/when you decide to adventure towards the other threads! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

How do I know if Cafe a la Josh is right for me?
Because it's a place where everybody is welcome! It doesn't matter if you're a Newbie, an Oldie, Jailbait, a Hooker, what kind of Shipper you are, or what your Ethnicity is. EVERYBODY is welcome. It would help if you know at least a little bit of English, but if not then I'm sure one of the bi-lingual gals would [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] to help you out! If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or to pm me. I know that sometimes moderators can seem scary, but I'm here to serve you [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] So don't be afraid to ask about anything!

Is she done yet?
Yes, I am! So now it's your turn to pull up a comfy chair, or take a seat on one of the couches! Be sure to check us out and look for new links and activities! You can also stop at the counter for some coffee, snack cakes, drool catchers, Joshpops, music selections, whatever your little heart desires! Catch ya'll later!

Your loving mod,
Kelly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Links

The Polish Thread This is the official thread for all the Polish chicas.
Members that Post (MTP):
TiredAngel
Doreen
LouAnn
Mari - Queen of the Damned

The German Thread A place for all the German Josh threads to hang!
MTP:
Jewel

The Spanish Thread The hangout for all the Spanish girls, the Joshiaticas.
MTP:
Alex
Cris
Irune

The Parachuters Thread A place for everybody that loves Danny and Evelyn.
MTP:
AlienK
brasha

Josh Hartnett Appreciation Thread
The place for people to appreciate Josh, Home of the Hartnett Hookers
MTP:
AlienK
brasha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discussion Question: What made you fall for Josh, and why?

Personal Question(s): What do you want to be called here at Cafe a la Josh (in otherwords, what's your name honey!)? And how long have you been a Josh fan?

Poll Question: Hee hee, Alex didn't you say you had one? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lets learn... how to say "Hugs and Kisses" in a different language!
"Abrazos y besos"! ~ Spanish for "Hugs and Kisses"
[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
"Besarkada eta muxu asko" ~ Basque for "Hugs and Kisses" (A form of Spanish) [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
"Abracades i petons" ~ Catalan for "Hugs and Kisses" (Another form of Spanish) [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
"Usciski i buziaki" ~ Polish for "Hugs and Kisses" [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
"Umarmungen und Kusse" ~ German for "Hugs and Kisses" [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and kiss:

Just one last thing guys, do me a favor and post what threads that you usually hang out at so that I can make a list of people and links to those threads! Thanks! [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

[ 11-10-2003: Message edited AlienK ]
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 11-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Is she done yet?
Yes, I am!
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

About the poll.. well, we could make a poll of pictures.. in the spanish thread we do that.. Cris is the one who always makes the polls, so I'll talk to her when I find her in MSN [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Lets learn... how to say "Hugs and Kisses" in a different language!
Abrazos y besos! ~ Spanish for "Hugs and Kisses"
uow! we're gonna learn things in other languages [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] by the way.. in Catalan it's "Abraades i petons" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ok, info about me:

Alex, 18, Barcelona (Spain) and I am from the spanish thread [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I'll come later to discuss why/how I became a fan of josh because I'm going to see SO LITTLE TIME now, bye!
Old 11-09-2003, 04:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Weee, second post! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm so excited! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

OK- firstly, my name is Ola (but you can call me Angel if you want [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), I'm 18 and I live in Warsaw (Poland).
I've been a Josh fan for something like 2-3 years. I spend my time on almost all Polish threads + Literati (Gilmore Girls) + Guardian Angels (Alias)

Secondly: Josh is awesome! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I love his eyes, voice, smile. Hmm...I love him in general [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Hugs and Kisses" in Polish: "Usciski i buziaki" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Poll...maybe fav picture? [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Or movie, or haircut [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited TiredAngel ]

Literati forever/Sidekick
Time after time...
Old 11-09-2003, 05:38 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

well, my story with Josh is very weird [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The thing is that I write scripts, and 4 or 5 years ago, I can't remember, I was searching in internet for a new actor to add in my script. I found some actors but I saw a picture of a hot boy (Josh) and I was like--> " [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Who's this hottie!!" and I used him as a character in my cript. I haven't seen any movie of him.

After a couple of years I found FF and then this board was created so I came here and I opened the spanish thread. I hadn't seen yet any movie of Josh, but I liked him in my script [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] So then the spanish girls came to the thread and slowly I started watching movies of him.. firstly Pearl Harbor, then The Faculty, then BHD.. and the others, you know [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

that's how I knew that Josh existed, by a picture [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Everyone!
The German - girl is comin *g*
First of all I want to send you all "Umarmungen und Ksse", cause thats the German translation of "Hugs and Kisses"

Im a big Josh fans since I saw "Pearl Harbor" in the movie theatre. That was in July 01. That makes me a 2 1/2 year fan of him. Josh looks gorgeous and I love almost all of his movies.

My real name is Julia, but you can call me Jule,that would be the best! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Im from the German-Josh Thread! What a surprise! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Jule
Old 11-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey guys!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

My name is Dorothy, but you can call me Doreen if you want [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I generally post in Polish threads, because polish is my first language [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I fall for Josh because he's gorgeous [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] He looks like a small boy, and his face is so innocent. I love this sight, it's so cute [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] ( <-- in international language [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) for you all!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Supreme Fan

hi Jule and Doreen! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

well, I'm just stopping by because I'm bored, I just finished having lunch and I have nothign to do. I'm waiting 'til it's 15:30 to watch a movie that I love.. it's about leprechauns and Whoopi Goldberg appears in it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I'll probably see Bend it Like Beckham [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Again [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Question: which Josh's character do you like the most? I think Danny is the best (what a surprise [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). When he died I cried for 10 minutes [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

Time after time...
Old 11-09-2003, 08:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey U guys [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

My name is Janet, and I'm form Poland too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm 23 and sometimes you can see me in other threats, not only Polish ones [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

About Josh, well I'm not his big fan. I like him but not that much [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Please just don't shoot me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. First time I saw him in "Faculty" secon was "Black Hawk Down". Both movies I like.

Right now I have suppose to learn for my tests, but I'm so lazy [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I'll wait until last moment, like always [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited LouAnn ]

"We shall never forget and never forgive. And never ever fear. Fear is for the enemy. Fear and bullets."
Old 11-09-2003, 08:26 AM
Supreme Fan

My fave Josh's character is Matt in BHD.. I loved that film so much, it's a gorgeous one and Matt is the best character he has played. My 2nd fave is Zeke [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -:
<STRONG>it's about leprechauns and Whoopi Goldberg appears in it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
leprechauns? What the title fo this film?

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -:
<STRONG>My fave Josh's character is Matt in BHD.. I loved that film so much, it's a gorgeous one and Matt is the best character he has played. My 2nd fave is Zeke [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hehe it's incredible, but mine too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] maybe because I saw only those movies with him, and I liked what I saw [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"We shall never forget and never forgive. And never ever fear. Fear is for the enemy. Fear and bullets."
Old 11-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Loyal Fan

I haven't seen BHD [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
What do you think about "0" - that's only movie where he played villain, right? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Time after time...
Old 11-09-2003, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Hey!

My names Irune, Im from Bilbao (Spain) and Im 17 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I generally post in the Joshiaticas Thread, The Spanish thread [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I love Josh since i saw him in Pearl Harbor... I think hes sooo cute and he has a great voice.

And my favorite Joshs character is Matt. I LOVE Black Hawk Down. I think its the best film that Josh has ever done.

I saw O theres a few months and i didnt like it [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] I like Julia Stiles but her character in this movie is disgusting. I think that all the film is disgusting... Well, everything but Josh! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Josh is sooo cute on it. His character is a little like Zeke. Woa, i love Zeke! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Supreme Fan

hey Irune! You stopped by [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I agree with Irune.. I hated "O". Julia and Josh are some of my fave actors and they did great in the movie, but for me the movie sucked. I didn't like the script and I disliked everything, plus Mekhi Phiffer acted great but anyway.. I hated the film and I won't ever see it again [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

LouAnn, the movie I saw is "The magical legend of leprechauns" and my husband Kieran Culkin ( [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) appears in it.. also appear 2 actresses that I like Whoopi Goldberg and Ze Wanamaker ((Madam Hooch in HP)). I've seen this movie tons of times and I love it and I just got to know that it was being showed on Tv so I had to see it again, of course [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ola, you haven't seen BHD? I recomend it a lot, I love it [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] I read the book too

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited - Alex - ]
Old 11-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] My name is Shari, but most people call me brasha cause that's what they see over there &lt;-- [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I first fell for the Joshness during Pearl Harbour...loved his velvet voice and the eyes [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] But I really took notice when he was doing the first love scene with Evelyn [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] And then later when Rafe came back, his vulnerability spoke volumes to me. I remember not sleeping the night I watched PH because I was thinking how silly it was of Ev not to keep him [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And since I'm not bilingual or anything I can say that [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] are my only other way of saying Hugs and Kisses [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think this is a great idea for a thread...I can't wait to jump in [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. And as I'm new here, it'll be great to meet a bunch of new friends [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]