Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Television , Movies or Stage

We have the pleasure of seeing Bill in both venues. Lets have an opinoin on whether you like him better on Television, Movies or Stage.

Having never seeing him on stage, I can't give an opinoin on this venue. However, his portrayal of Sherif Valenti was a strong reason why I started to watch Roswell. On the otherhand, I thought he was superb in Die Hard 2.

However, I would have to go with television.

Anyone else!
Old 09-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

I did see him on stage in "A Few Stout Individuals". He played Mark Twain. He was great and when the audience gave him a special big round of applause,he kind of blushed,clicked his heels together and gave a big bow with a flourish. He seemed embaressed but tickled pink too. Then he stood around with the fans signing autographs and he was just as nice as he could be...made his "Roswell" fans who had flown up to NY from all over (me from Florida) really think it was worth it.
So,although I enjoy seeing Bill perform in any medium,I must say I enjoyed seeing him "up close and personal" and would gladly make another trip if he decides to "tread the boards" again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 01:05 PM
Passionate Fan

I thought I would put this question under television. With the pending release of Season 1 of Roswell on DVD in February, I read that only Colin Hanks did commentary on the episodes. wasn't Bill offered the chance?

I hope that when season 3 is released that hevoffers commentary on the episode he directed.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

With the anniversary of TVShowsOnDVD.com just a couple of weeks away, what better gift can we give all of you besides this one? Yes, we now have an official announcement from the studio of the #1 most-requested, most-voted-for T.V. Series that all of YOU have asked for: ROSWELL!!

Fox Home Video has announced today their list of specs for the Roswell - Season 1 DVD giftset. No cover art was provided yet, so stay tuned and we'll bring it to you just as soon as we get it.

The street date is February 17, 2004. According to the early info, all 6 DVDs in this set will be presented in 1.33:1, as seen in the U.S. on standard broadcast. Soundtrack is English 2.0 Dolby Surround, and subtitles are provided. The running time is 968 minutes, and this bad boy will go for a list price of $59.98 in the U.S., and CA$89.98 in Canada.

There has been no more mention about the music use on this set, but you can read our story from last week which describes how the music rights issues have affected this release.

Here is the complete content of each disc in the set, both episodes and extras:

Disc 1
Episodes: "Pilot", "The Morning After", "Monsters", "Leaving Normal"

Commentary on "Pilot" by David Nutter and Jason Katims
Deleted scenes with optional commentary

Disc 2
Episodes: "Missing", "285 South" (Part 1), "River Dog" (Part 2), "Blood Brother"

Commentary on "285 South"
Commentary on "Blood Brother" with David Nutter and Colin Hanks
Deleted scenes w/optional commentary

Disc 3
Episodes: "Heat Wave", "The Balance", "The Toy House", "Into the Woods"

Commentary on "Heat Wave"

Disc 4
Episodes: "The Convention", "Blind Date", "Independence Day", "Sexual Healing"

Commentary on "Independence Day"

Disc 5
Episodes: "Crazy", "Tess, Lies and Videotape", "Four-Square", "Max to the Max"

Commentary on "Max to the Max"

Disc 6
Episodes: "The White Room" (Part 1), "Destiny" (Part 2)

Commentary on "Destiny"
3 Featurettes
Gag Reel
Actor Audition "Tess, Lies and Videotape"
Sensefield's "Save Yourself" music video

And if all of this isn't exciting enough, you can reserve your very own copy RIGHT NOW! Roswell - Season 1 is already up for preorder at DVDEmpire.com, who is one of the e-tail partners that help support this site.

----------------------------

Music on the DVD

10/17/2003

Michael Scott (Hexx, DJ Demonixx)

E-mailed roswelldvd to let us know a song of his is going to be used on the DVD!

The song was used in The Pilot and they are going to use it in the DVD as well. The song is Hexx - "Hallucination Generation". The song plays at the crash festival.

I see several "commentaries" that they don't say who will be doing...I don't know if Bill is any of those. I will try to find out.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Addicted Fan

hey all i was watchign "the shawshank redemption" and bill was really good in it. so he's great on film

but then he was great on roswell

so i cant decide lol

Bhery
Old 10-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

He really is a "triple threat"! He does it all...and always makes an impression. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I like Bill on Television. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Just a friendly reminder to order your Roswell calendar for 2004. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

They now accept Money Orders too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The 2004 Roswell Calendar will be printed in November, 2003. You can Pre-Order your copy now to ensure a timely delivery.
$18.99
+S&H: $2.95 US
$4.45 Canada & Mexico
$6.95 Everywhere Else

($20.99 after November 11, 2003)

Proceeds from the sale of this calendar go to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation

Order here... http://www.yearbox.com/roswell/roswell.html

The goal is to sell 500. As of October 13th they have orders for 274.

Pass the message on to all of your Roswell friends.

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

I never saw Bill onstage. But I think he was great on televeision and on cinema. I love "Roswell" and "The Shawshank Redemption". [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

I've never seen Bill on stage either.I loved him on Roswell,but also in a lot of movies.He always does a great job! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

- The Wind That Blew My Heart Away
Old 12-19-2003, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

After seeing his play,Bill told a group of us how much he loved returning to the theater...but that ,if he actually wanted to support his family,he was hoping to find a movie or tv series....lucky for us,he's done both. And with "Wonderfalls" we'll be seeing him every week. Works out nicely....that! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-19-2003: Message edited Berengaria ]