Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Latest BAT info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieR (View Post)
Hi all! I can't believe how close we are to BAT 4!

I just wanted to stop by and post about our new fundraising incentives. Just because the contests are over doesn't mean we should stop fundraising for FSMA! Jero sent this to the mailing list, but we wanted to post here too, just in case some people didn't get it. Here goes...

Hello Everyone!

Our new fundraising tool, FirstGiving.com, has had limited success because only 17 people out of the 76 registered to participate have taken the 10 minutes (or less) needed to create a page! What are the rest of you waiting for? The bowl-a-thon is only 9 days away! Please read through this e-mail for a step by step guide to starting your own page, and to find out what perks we are offering those who set up a page. It's not too late!

A message from Garrett Lerner:
"I encourage each and every participant and guest to create a FirstGiving web page and send out a mass e-mail to their entire address books asking for sponsors. The goal of the event, after all, is to raise money, and this is the simplest way to reach as many people as possible -- and the results are always surprising. People will be happy to give ten or twenty, sometimes even one hundred dollars. Each participant has the ability to raise a thousand dollars or more if they will just take the ten minutes to create a web page and send the link to their e-mail family and friends."

Garrett asked me to write "click by click" instructions for creating a FirstGiving web page:

Click on this link: Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl-A-Thon for FSMA - Start page . On that page click on "Get Started".

New page: Click "Select". If you get a pop-up box, click "OK".

New page: Enter your email address and click "Continue".

New page: Fill in your information; name, address, etc. Enter a password. Review the 2 check boxes at the bottom of the screen. Click "Continue".

New page: Are you part of a team?
No: Click "Continue".
Yes: If your team is listed, click "Select" next to the team name.
Yes: If your team isn't listed, enter the team name in the box on the right. Click "Add Team"

New page: In the box after Firstgiving - Online fundraising for everybody enter a short identifier for your page. Enter a title for your page in the box on the left. (Everything else is optional.) Click "Continue"

New page: Look it over and click "I am happy with my changes."

New page: Click "Email your supporters now."

New page: Enter (or copy and paste) the email addresses of your family and friends. If desired, edit the message in the box. Click "Send".

That's all there is to it. Most of the pages only have one option to click, so it goes very fast.

One participant told me that she really liked it. She felt uncomfortable asking people for donations in person but she had no problem with sending emails. ;o)

Did you know that you do not need to be a bowl-a-thon participant to create a FirstGiving page and raise money for FSMA?

You can create a page to show support for your favorite celebrity or show.

Maybe you can't make it this year but still want to support Zeke and FSMA, create a page to show you care.

A fundraising page in memory of a loved one is a great way to show they haven't been forgotten.

And for our participants and their guests, here are more incentives to create a FirstGiving page:

1. If you raise any money online through FirstGiving you will receive 5 free raffle tickets!

2. Anyone who raises $100 or more online through FirstGiving will be in the first group to go into the tent. That means you will get first choice of seating for the Celebrity Q & A and auction! You'll be close to the stage and celebrities so you should get some really great pictures! :o)

Previously raised amounts do count.

So open up your email address book and tell your family, friends, colleagues, former colleagues, college friends, and fellow members of church/clubs/PTA about Zeke and FSMA. You may be pleasantly surprised by people's generosity!
Old 10-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Oh,my goodness...Kevin Sorbo has confirmed (Andromeda,Hercules) ! Now,you're talking. I would really like to meet this guy. But no pictures standing next to him...I'm like 5'1 and he's like....7 feet tall!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Lisa Edelstein- House MD (as Dr. Lisa Cuddy), Felicity (as Lauren), Ally McBeal (as Cindy McCauliff), The West Wing (as Laurie)- has confirmed
Old 10-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Alanna Ubach- Legally Blonde & Legally Blonde 2 (as Serena); Meet the Fockers (as Isabel); Party of Five (as Gina); Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (as Maria)
Old 10-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Another celeb has confirmed:

Joel David Moore- LAX (as Eddie Carson), Boston Public (as Hartzell), Dodgeball (Owen), Grandma's Boy, Art School Confidential, Wieners, Hatchett
Old 10-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Kim Director- Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (as Kim Diamond); Inside Man (as Stevie)

Nick Wechsler will be there as well - official confirmation has been made) .

Last edited by Berengaria; 10-24-2006 at 07:25 PM
Old 10-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Daniel Bess- "24" (as Rick); Veronica Mars (as Cole); CSI Miami (as Officer Bell); What About Brian (as Steve)

In case you are wondering why no Bill Sadler....he's currently in Vancouver, I imagine busy filming something. (I'll see if I can get more details. )
Old 10-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Hi everyone,

First of all it was great meeting you all! I had a wonderful time! The BAT was amazing it was so much fun! I am glad I was fianlly able to be apart of this wonderful event! You all did an amazing job! The BAT was another success this year!

I love everyone's photos! OMG Nick is a riot love that man! Brendan is hysterical as well

I hope to have mine up really soon.

Every Roswellians must take a trip to Covina and to the 285 South Tour and attended the BAT once in their life it was so worth it!

Oh Covina and the 285 South Tour of Roswell was amazing! I was in heaven!

It was also a special treat that my very first time seeing the rocks was at night. We really lucked out being the park is only open 4 times out of the year at night for a stargazing convention and it happened that one of the events was the same night of the BAT! It was gorgeous! The amount of stars was breathtaking! If you watch the episode Sexual Healing that night scene is really what it looked liked so beautiful!

I am glad I was finally able to see the Roswell tour! It was wonderful! I loved visiting California! It was a great time. It went too fast and I wish I had more time but I am glad I got to see what I saw when I was there. The WB tour was very cool as well. Hope to visit California again soon and I can't wait for next years BAT!

Hope all is well. Happy Halloween Everyone!

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Berengaria- It was so nice to meet you at the BAT. I fun bowling next to your team as well. I have pictures but have to download them hoping to get them downloaded by this weekend

Hello Erin I am glad you made it in ok I had a blast as well

Carol
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 11-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

So nice to finally meet you Berengaria ! I had so much fun at the BAT!

Here is a photo of the two of us at the BAT!

Enjoy!

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 11-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks,Erin and Carol,it was great to meet you and all of the other terrific people who supported this project. What fun I had...got to talk to both Brendan and Nick...always a hoot. And it was a pleasure to meet Mrs. Brendan too.

More later...I just walked in the door and I'm dropping to sleep now.

Last edited by Berengaria; 11-03-2006 at 12:01 AM
Old 11-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

I had a blast meeting Ber and Mr. Ber and the rest of the gang! Glad you got home safely.

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Well my trip to California was wonderful it was just what I needed for myself. It was great to get away from it all and to relax. However I came back sick with a really bad sinus infection. I liked CA but my allergies did not!

Oh well I still had a blast! The 4th Zeke Lerner Celebrity Lerner Bowl-a-thon for help beat out spinal muscular atrophy was amazing so worth the trip. I had so much fun! Zeke Lerner and his family are angels. It is amazing how much Zeke as grown. He is now 7 years old such a sweetheart that kid. And they are very close to starting to find treatment for this horrible disease. So it felt good to help such a great cause.

I also got to go to the town of Covina, CA being Jen lives really close to the town and to Vasquez Rocks in Aqua Dulce California aka Roswell Mecca for me being Roswell was filmed there! I was in heaven!

Vasquez Rocks in Aqua Dulce California is a sight to see it is breathtaking esp when I saw it at night. It was gorgeous! The stars were amazing! There was a star gazing convention going on and the park is only open at night 4 times out of the year. So I really lucked out seeing the rocks for the first time at night no less. It was breathtaking The star were amazing. I love star gazing we even saw shooting stars over the rocks. It was amazing! If you ever get a chance to go there please do it was so worth the trip!

I met Melinda Metz author of Roswell High and screenwriter for Roswell. I had her sign my Roswell High book a wonderful lady. And I met some more of the Roswell cast guys at the BAT that I love as well! I met Nick Wechsler and Brendan Ferh!

OMG I love those guys they are awesome and so much fun to hang out with! It was great to finally meet them. We had a blast at the BAT!

Not to bad meeting Shiri,Colin,Nick, and Brendan from the Roswell cast all in the same year. Now if only I could meet Jason Behr!

Yes it was awesome to have finally met Brendan and Nick! They are great!

Nick is doing as he put it "sitting in his apartment alone in the dark" He is waiting to hear about new auditions and what not. I told him he should try to guest star on Greys he told me "You know what that is a really good idea. I will have to look into that" and was really excited about it. So if you see him on Greys in later episodes you have me to thank!

Nick is a riot. Both him and Brendan are hysterical it was great to finally meet them!

Jen uploaded some of her photos from the BAT enjoy

At the Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl-a-thon

Our Team The StrawBerhy Dream team Jen,Carolyn,me, and John

our team with Aldis Hodge from Friday night lights

Our team with Melinda Metz

Me and Melinda Metz author of the Roswell High series and screen writer for Roswell

Carolyn,Jen,me and Karen

having some fun

Me with the Liz Parker Bowling Ball.

Pretending to be Liz in Heart of Mine when she got the strike.

Jen, Me, and Stacy

Me with Zeke Lerner God bless this child.

Because the H.A.S team knows where it's at! We all need a little H.A.S in our life! I loved their team name and I helped with the making of the logo!

Old 11-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

More Photos

MOD Love me with Berengaria at the BAT

Group photo with Nick. Gen,Jen, Carolyn,Me, Stacy, and Nick

Brendan getting ready to Bowl with the We B Bad team!

Carolyn with Melinda Metz after we silver hand print stamped her! She loved it!

Me hanging out with Nick,Brendan and his wife Jen It was so much fun hanging out with them. Brendan was even talking about Roswell and how he would love to go to the real Roswell New Mexico someday.

Cherie rememberance plack being auctioned off. Jen won it. Longtimefan aka Liz really out did herself with the fan art. It is gorgeous!

Jen with her winning. Cherie would be proud being Jen knew her and touched so many of our lives.

Jackie winning Brendans Forsaken jacket and getting a hug from him.

Me,Jero,Loretta,Carol,Jackie, and Jen at the BAT

Me wearing my Crashdown Crown with Nick. Loretta has an hysterical photo of him licking the silver balls of it. Got to love Nick he is a riot! Hopefully that photo came out.

Side photo of Nick licking my crown

Me and Brendan

Me and Brendans wife Jen she is a sweetheart and had a great time at the BAT!

Garrett Lerner saying a few words about his son and SMA and thanking us for coming.

Nick,My Roswell Co MOD Jen aka Dreamer4ever,Me,and Brendan at the BAT

I love this photo!

Hope you enjoyed some more photos of the BAT!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It was very exciting to see where Roswell was filmed now when I watch my DVD's I am all excited saying I have been there! It was so much fun.

All Roswellians must take a trip to Covina and to Vasquez Rocks in Aqua Dulce California and attended the BAT! It was so worth it!

Enjoy the photos.

Me in front of the Crashdown Cafe in my Roswell Crashdown Cafe Crown that I made.

In front of the Deluca house hold Maria and Amy and even Sean say hi

By Madame Vivian's place my future looks bright she told me "The reading is clear. You marry your true love. You have happiness. The card here? Intimacy, sex. You will not be left wanting."

Me by the Evans house! Max was telling me to come in for a while and stay the night!

The Coolest house on the Block non other then Alex Charles Whitman's house! (This was the House used in Cry Your Name!)

Look the Sexual healing water tower!

me by Alex's Ghost tree

At Chez Pierre

Rocks at night

Me and Jen by the Liz and Maria "Virgins Fountain"

me hitch hicking on 285 South

By the Destiny Bridge