Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Just sending this over

The WB will close their network on Sunday, September 17 with a five-hour block of pilot episodes of their past signature series, including Felicity, Angel, Buffy (which was a two-hour episode) and Dawson's Creek, and during commercial breaks, re-airings of past image campaigns and network promotions. This plan will involve promo spots given to the cable networks currently carrying these shows in off-network syndication, along with ads for each series' TV-on-DVD box set [2].

So let's celebrate the network who gave us Roswell and many other wonderful shows!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds great...but am I not seeing "Roswell" among the pilots they will air? What's up with that! The Roswell pilot is one of the best ever made.

But thanks for the head's up. I'm sure it will be a great,nostalgic night of viewing.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Do you think there will be any guest announcements soon?
Old 08-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Maybe next week... Probably next month...

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks,don't mind me bugging you...just getting all hopped up with excitement already. I sent some cool things from my Roswell collection on in to the auctioneers. Hope the Ros crew turns out.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks Ber! I don't have anything to contribute this year. :-(

Later,
Old 08-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

You contribute your time and that is much more important to this terrific cause...I'm just glad to do a small thing to help. (Not going to ruin the surprize...but I hope there are some Brendan Fehr fans there) .
Old 08-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengaria (View Post)
(Not going to ruin the surprize...but I hope there are some Brendan Fehr fans there) .
Yep! There will definitely be Brendan fans there... At least one team of them is already signed up.

Later,
Old 08-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Good,I think they will have a chance to bid on 2 unique things relating to him. It would be beyond awesome if he was there to sign them!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Hello Everyone!

Less than 2 months until the bowl-a-thon on October 28th! If you haven't registered yet, you can do so on the website Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl-a-thon .

There's lots of news in this email, so pay close attention. Might as well get the less than great news out of the way first.

~~~~~

To all --

It is with much regret that we are announcing the cancellation of the Sunday Brunch.

The idea was incredible and promised to make an already fun weekend even that much more special, but we did not realize the magnitude of planning such an event would be so massive.

The organizers of the bowl-a-thon and all of the volunteers do such a wonderful job, but they are already stretched thin and put in so much time to make that event a success. It became clear that planning a second event for the very next day would be far too demanding on their time, it would be nearly impossible to gather an second (and very large) group of actors who could give so much of their time, and we would be scrambling to gather enough items to have an auction (so the fundraising aspect of the event would be rendered nearly moot).

I look eagerly forward to the 4th Annual Bowl-a-Thon, and I know the weekend will still be incredible. Thank you all for your understanding and your continued support.

Garrett Lerner

~~~~~

Okay, that's a bummer. Now on to the good stuff!

~~~~~

Pick Your Celebrity Lottery

For each $250 raised above the participant fees a team will get 1 electronic lottery ticket to fill out with their top 3 choices of the remaining celebrities they would like to bowl with. They can fill out all of their e-tickets with the same celebrities if they want to...

Each team will need to designate one person to receive, fill out, and return the e-ticket. Lottery e-tickets will be sent after the winners of the Pick Your Celebrity Contest are determined and have picked their celebrities (around Oct. 21st). Those celebrities will be removed from the lottery and will not be on the lottery e-tickets. Two winning teams per celebrity will be drawn (one for each bowling period).

$250 is easy to raise... If your team has 5 members... Each member only needs to get 5 people to donate $10... Or 10 people to donate $5... No matter how your team comes up with $250 above their participant fees, you'll get a ticket for the Pick Your Celebrity Lottery!

~~~~~

This year we will once again be using a tent next to the bowling alley for several activities; check-in, Celebrity Q. & A., and auction.

~~~~~

Team photos with the celebrities will be taken by professional photographer Christina Radish. 5x7 prints will be developed during the bowl-a-thon and given to you before the end of the event.

~~~~~

Dates to remember!

Payment is due within two weeks of receiving the confirmation e-mail.
Mailed payments MUST be made payable to FAMILIES OF SMA.

T-shirt winning design will be announced and available to view by 9/12

T-shirt order deadline: Sat 9/30

Contest money due: Wed 10/11/06 (midnight PT)

Winners announced: Fri 10/13/06 (Not superstitious are you?)

Extra Pizza Order: Sat. 10/14

Winners choices due: Fri 10/20/06

Celebrity Q. & A. questions due: Thu 10/26

~~~~~

Some FAQ:

Does my team have to sign up together?
No

I don't have any teammates. Can I still sign up?
Yes. We will assign you to a team if you still don't have one about a week before the event.

How many are on a team?
Minimum of 3... Maximum of 5... Plus 1 celebrity...
We sometimes add people to teams with less than 5, but not always.

When will we know which celebrities are attending this year?

Almost as soon as we know! LOL We realize that a lot of you are waiting for this before signing up. Please remember that some celebrities wait to confirm until closer to the event so that they know their schedules. When celebrity confirmations are received we will be announcing them as soon as humanly possible!

~~~~~

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

Later,Jero
Old 09-07-2006, 01:16 PM
LTL
Master Fan

I'm glad I checked in here, because I hadn't seen the note before about the Sept. 17 WB farewell. That should be a fun evening, but they definitely should have had Roswell!!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally agree I am going to watch my DVD of the Pilot anyway in honor of it!

It is offical I am going to California in October! I booked my fight today! I am flying in on October 25th and leaving October 30th!! I am SO EXCITED!!! I have always wanted to go to California for the longest time and have never been so I can't wait to finally go! It is going to be amazing and the BAT is going to rock! I can't wait!

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

Fundraising Information:

This year you have 2 ways to raise money for FSMA... In person with a pledge sheet or online through Firstgiving.com.
Please note: We can only accept pledges that are flat amounts (no per pin pledges to be collected later) and received by midnight (PT) on Wednesday, October 11th, 2006, either on your Firstgiving fundraising page or via mail with your pledge sheet. (Deadline only applies to money counted in the contests.) Any participant sponsors wishing to pledge using a credit card can do so on your Firstgiving page or on our website's sponsorship page.

A blank pledge sheet and information for potential sponsors will be emailed to all registered participants and anyone who requests them.

We highly recommend participants also create a fundraising webpage this year. We have teamed up with Firstgiving to provide you with this highly successful fundraising option. Go to Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl-A-Thon for FSMA - Start page and click on "Get Started".

Once you register with Firstgiving, you can create a personal fundraising page. You basically just fill in the blanks and can even add a picture. After your page is created, the site will generate an e-mail (you can edit it), detailing your fundraising efforts, that you can send to as many people as you like. There is a link in it that takes people directly to your fundraising page where they can sponsor you online.

All of the money raised via this method will go directly to FSMA and count in our contests. Your page will keep a running total for you and you can also add funds you have raised offline to the total. The site will keep track of team totals if you sign up with a team name. A thank you e-mail will automatically be sent to each of your sponsors.

FSMA used this site last year for their national Walk-n-Roll events and are using it again this year. It was a big success for them. The site owners have found that people tend to donate more via this method. As participants you can reach a wider number of potential sponsors and it is easy for them to sponsor you in just a few minutes on their own time. We are hoping that this helps us all raise more money for FSMA.

Thank you for supporting this event. We're looking forward to seeing you in October at the bowl-a-thon!

If you have any questions about the event, please contact me at roswelljero@gmail.com or post your question here.

Later,
jeri a.k.a. jero
Roswellian and PROUD of it!
4th Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl-a-thon ~ October 28, 2006
Old 09-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone. The celebrities we have confirmed so far this year include:

Roger R. Cross- “24” (as Curtis Manning), First Wave (as Joshua/Cain)

Bryan Cranston- Malcom in the Middle (as Hal), Little Miss Sunshine (as Stan Grossman)

Madylin Sweeten- Everybody Loves Raymond (as Ally Barone)

Sawyer Sweeten- Everybody Loves Raymond (as Geoffrey Barone)

Sullivan Sweeten- Everybody Loves Raymond (as Michael Barone)

Nick Stabile- Passions (as Fox Crane); Half & Half (as Nick Tyrell)

Caitlin Wachs- Commander in Chief (as Rebecca Calloway), Inspector Gadget 2 (as Penny)

Stephanie Niznik- Everwood (as Nina Feeney), Diagnosis Murder (as Caitlin Sweeney)

Elaine Hendrix- Joan of Arcadia (as Ms. Lischak), Inspector Gadget 2 (as G2)

Elizabeth Anne Allen- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (as Amy Madison)

Adam Wylie- Gilmore Girls (as Brad Langford), Picket Fences (as Zachary Brock), Joan of Arcadia (as Skinny Kid God)

Meagan Smith- Ben 10 (as Gwen)

Fredric Lane (Lost, as Marshal Edward Mars; Bones, as Giles Hardewicke) will also be attending. He was in "Firefly" episode "Heart of Gold" as Ranse Burgess,too.

There was also a note that they knew we were hoping for some Roswell people and that they had always had some in the past and will this year too, but that they usually confirm closer to the actual date....so we don't have to give up hope yet.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Mitch Holleman (Reba)

Evan Parke (Alias, as Charlie Bernard; King Kong, as Hayes)

Later,