Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2003, 05:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

i ship faith with anyone expecially spike.. and hey where did everyone go.. i mean just because i disappear doesnt give yall permission to stop posting ya know...

I know in my heart, I know in my mind,
we're meant to be, are you feelin' me yo.
I'm the girl in your life, I'm the one you call wife,
Old 07-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

See Faith/Spike was one I couldn't really get into. And it had nothing to do with Spuffy, since I'm not anything remotely close to a Spuffy shipper. Not sure what it was really [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 07-31-2003, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

I kinda liked Spike/Faith for like 2 seconds in Dirty Girls, but then the ep later Spike and Faith started fighting over Buffy, so I got over it quick.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that scene with them in the basement was interesting. And that's about as far as I'd go too. The fight in the beginning of 'Touched' really killed the shippage for me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

i love spuffy.. but then again im a romantic at heart and so i can ship anyone with anybody...

Old 08-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Well I think the fact that I'm a romantic hinders my shipping. Because I tend to be picky when it comes to romance [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

im an open romantic and all relationships make my tummy tingly...

Old 08-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Faith/Angel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I'm not too fond of Wesley for some reason...
Old 08-05-2003, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *CasandraBuffyWillowFan*:
<STRONG>Yeah, that scene with them in the basement was interesting. And that's about as far as I'd go too. The fight in the beginning of 'Touched' really killed the shippage for me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Oooh yeah! [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] But then it kinda showed really how (to quote Faith) "whipped" Spike was over Buffy.. it just didn't seem real.. nothing like Riley or Angel. I dunno, I suppose I've just never really been that keen on Spuffy [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Don't feel bad, I'm not a Spuffy shipper at all. I didn't like what his fixation on Buffy did to his character. I used to like the badass. As soon as he fell for Buffy he became whipped, like Faith said. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 02:38 PM
New Fan

Spuffy fans were missing the whole point of season six,weren't they? The writers (to Sarah Michelle's chagrin) wished to convey that Buffy's "relationship" with Spike was self-destructive and in no way meant to be seen as a POSITIVE development (Cue the eerily sad music that played in the background as they boinked as the house crumbled.) It's pretty much a testament to how much the quality of the writing had diminished in the final two seasons that such a large portion of the show's audience could misinterpret the message they meant to send. "Spike and Buffy" was meant to be a sign that Buffy was wrapped up in depression and punishing herself by staying in an abusive relationship. The writers ended up weakening the storyline by pandering to the masses and trying to appease the fans that had mistaken the abuse for romance. The sad part for me was that the whole Spuffy "relationship" ruined my appreciation of BOTH characters. Spike ran the gamut from witty bad-guy to pathetic stalker to abusive boyfriend to Angel Part Two-but-without-the-hundred-years-of-remorse. Buffy's character was so unrecognizable by the series' end that to this day I'm still hoping we'll find out that we were watching another Buffy-bot and just didn't know.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JDandey:
<STRONG> The sad part for me was that the whole Spuffy "relationship" ruined my appreciation of BOTH characters. Spike ran the gamut from witty bad-guy to pathetic stalker to abusive boyfriend to Angel Part Two-but-without-the-hundred-years-of-remorse. Buffy's character was so unrecognizable by the series' end that to this day I'm still hoping we'll find out that we were watching another Buffy-bot and just didn't know.</STRONG>
I couldn't agree more. By the end I was having trouble even shipping Buffy/Willow together because Buffy became just so unlikeable to me.

I think that's another reason I was so receptive to Faith when she came back. I started shipping her for the first time. With Dawn incidentally, which is like a Jr. version of Buffy [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

I've got to agree too. Yesterday on cable I watched some random s6 episode and Buffy was crying to Tara about her and Spike. Then through out s6 and s7 we see them together, but I never really got the feeling that Buffy was really in the relationship for love, or even Spike, basically just for the sex. But I suppose some Spuffy people may see it differently.. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2003, 09:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *CasandraBuffyWillowFan*:
<STRONG>

I think that's another reason I was so receptive to Faith when she came back. I started shipping her for the first time. With Dawn incidentally, which is like a Jr. version of Buffy [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Now THAT'S the spin-off I would have liked to have seen. Faith pulls a Xena gig and tries to redeem herself by traveling from city to city righting wrongs. While she is reluctant at first, she quickly finds herself won over to play mentor and traveling companion to Dawn who wishes to get away from her rather distant sister and see the world thereby becoming Faith's version of Gabrielle.

I really like the idea of Faith and Dawn getting over giving thier love to the one person least likely to return it (unless,of course, they both grow fangs and somehow were to have killed at least two slayers in thier past) and finding each other. Buffy, at least the way she was characterized in the show's last couple seasons, would NEVER give Faith the unconditional love she's looking for or even be capable of making her feel needed. Dawnie's all about the making her loved one feel needed... it almost broke my heart when she cuddled up to that Buffy-bot.
Seems to me that both Faith AND Dawn are similiar in that they both resorted to becoming "bad girls" to get Buffy's attention. Faith was more obvious with joining the Mayor but let's not forget about Dawnie's little experimentation with kleptomania.
The great thing about having these two characters in a new series would be the wealth of potential storylines they offer in as much as we really have no idea of thier respective origins. Does Faith have a last name? Will Dawn's past as the Key ever affect her future? Could her energy manifest itself by giving her supernatural powers or attracting other entities besides Glory to seek her out? Did Faith come from an abusive home? Are her parents still alive? Has Buffy's dad even MET Dawn? And if all these questions weren't enough to flesh out a full TV season for the writers, I'm more than willing to have Willow join the cast mid-season. How about "Red Dawn of Faith" for the episode title?

Hey,it would be alot better than another season of the original show. Can't you just see it? Cardboard cutouts of Willow and Xander (since Buffy doesn't listen to them anyway) sway in the background awaiting long-winded rhetorical speeches from Buffy who only seems to respond to the very silent pile of ashes she carries with her everywhere in her trusty dust-pan. 'Cause you KNOW that not even death will save us from the heroic rapist that is Spike.

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2003, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, another Xena fan huh? Sometimes I feel all alone here on FF [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by JDandey:
<STRONG>

The great thing about having these two characters in a new series would be the wealth of potential storylines they offer in as much as we really have no idea of thier respective origins. </STRONG>
Precisely. I mean there are 4 entire seasons without Dawn that can be practically re-written. In fact in the Dawn/Faith fic that I wrote, I added in a little bit of history between the two. That could easily fit, because Dawn was supposed to be there the entire time. We just didn't see her until Season 5. Which is a strange retcon no doubt, but still, it leaves things wide open.

As for Faith, I mean we know less about her than what we DO know. They're arguably the only two characters that could have their pasts built up as a show progressed. Everyone else was with the series for a long time and had their pasts filled in along the way. They even devoted a couple of episodes to their little golden vamp. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

So yeah, definitely liking the way your mind thinks [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]