Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the info!
Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Sex & Breakfast will be released on DVD on January 22. You can pre-order your copies at places like Amazon.com.
Thanks for the info on that! I've been wanting to see this.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here are a couple of new articles that i found at Eliza Dushku.org. The first one is footbal related and the second one is another article about Dollhouse. Nice to see the show already getting some press.

Who knew our favorite bitchy cheerleader, Eliza Dushku, was such a hard-core Patriots fan? At the ESPN football viewing party hosted by Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian (Matthew Perry, Alba and fiancé Cash Warren showed, too), Dushku was heard trash-talking San Diego Chargers fans. Bring it on!

I’m currently at the Sundance Film Festival and while I’m all about the movies right now, I’m always on the lookout for any juicy TV news. After a press conference with the cast and crew of the film Bottle Shock, I had the opportunity to approach Eliza Dushku, who has a role in the film. She was on her way out but was nice enough to answer a couple brief questions about her upcoming small screen project with Joss Whedon, called Dollhouse.

It was announced late last year that Dushku and Whedon were set to team up for the series about a girl named Echo (Dushku), who is “imprinted” with different personalities and skills. She is then sent on assignments and afterwards, her mind is wiped and her memory of whatever the assignment she performed is gone.

Obviously the strike has thrown a wrench in the development of the project but Dushku sounded very enthusiastic about Dollhouse and pleased to be working with Whedon again, whom she referred to as her buddy. She went on to say that they’re just waiting for everyone to start playing nice again so that they can get back to working on it. I asked her if there was a goal premiere date for the series and her response was, “The goal is for people to start playing nice sooner rather than later.” Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to give me any more information on it than that but then again, when it comes to the strike, everyone’s pretty much in wait-and-see mode at this point.

While the strike has certainly halted development on Dollhouse, Dushku has been hard at work preparing for the series. With regards to training for the role, she said “I definitely realize that my body in motion is my body how I like it. So I’ve been in a lot of motion and getting ready in a lot of ways. So when it comes, it’s going to be explosive.”
Old 01-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Supreme Fan

I saw that article. Very exciting, thanks!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned

Sundance 2008 Day 4: Eliza Dushku Slays 'Em

The ’’Buffy’’ veteran guest-blogged alongside Method Man, Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson sat for a Q&A, Jack Back revealed his toned abs, and more

Wacky actors! A-listers in the audience! This altitude is still giving us a headache! Details from Sundance, day 4...

The ubiquitous Eliza Dushku

The former Buffy vampire slayer, in town to promote her wine-based movie Bottle Shock, kept bumping into EW staffers. She reminisced about her home state of Massachusetts in EW’s photo lounge. She hobnobbed at the magazine’s big soirée on Saturday night. She guest blogged to set the record straight about what went on (or, more to the point, what did not happen) at another party. And she spilled a few secrets about her upcoming re-teaming with Joss Whedon. Well, okay, very few, actually. But still.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
“I definitely realize that my body in motion is my body how I like it."
You are not alone Eliza. I like your body in motion aswell.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Method Man!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Eliza Dushku - Blind Item Reveals : Kindness
From Crazydaysandnights.net

This is a B lister. I almost think of our actress as the epitome of a B lister. She has done television and films and is probably more of a B lister for the television, but she does have some great film roles. Anyway, this week at Sundance. Oh, I guess that will narrow it down some huh? At Sundance this week, our actress was walking down the street and spotted a teenage girl who was sitting on a backpack, shivering and didn’t have anything on but a sweater and jeans even though it was after dark and well below freezing. Turns out the girl had come out to Park City to hang out with a guy she barely knew but he blew her off for some other girl, so she had no room and no place to stay and didn’t have the money to change her return airline ticket which was for three days in the future. Our actress didn’t really believe the girl at first but then the girl showed her the airline ticket and her i.d. That was enough for our actress. She took the girl to a store and bought her a jacket, and then took her back to her hotel for food and fun. The actress called some friends over to cheer the girl up, got her some dinner and then had everyone take turns calling the jerk who traded her for another girl. Our actress changed the return date on the ticket, paying for the change and even upgraded the girl to first class for the flight home. She let the girl spend the night, got her out to the airport the next morning and gave her a few hundred bucks.

This actress is Eliza Dushku.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing this great article. That was so great of Eliza to help that girl out. That really further confirms how much of a heart she has and her coolness.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Extreme Fan

That's our girl!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Supreme Fan

That was very sweet and cool of Eliza to do that. I'm SO proud of her. Most celebs wouldn't give people like that the time of day!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Banned

Eliza is such a sweetheart
Old 01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Banned

Eliza Dushku - "Bottle Shock" Movie - Hollywoodreporter.com Review

PARK CITY, Utah (Hollywood Reporter) - When a film opens with the title "Based on a true story," one wonders if the filmmakers are trying to bolster a flimsy premise with claims of authenticity.

But "Bottle Shock," which had its world premiere at Sundance, enshrines an irresistible story that happens to be (mainly) true. It takes place in 1976, the year of the American Bicentennial, and in these cynical times, it is nice to be reminded of an American victory that is actually worth celebrating. This might not have been a momentous world achievement, but it was a gratifying victory all the same.

The contest takes place in the world of wine, in a time when California wines competed for the first time in a prestigious competition in France. One of the competitors was Chateau Montelena, a vineyard owned by Jim Barrett, who dropped out of the corporate rat race to pursue his dream of cultivating grapes. Jim is just one of the engaging characters in this tale of American hayseeds taking on French connoisseurs. Because of the wine backdrop, some will compare the film to "Sideways," but the comparisons are not really fair. This is a different kind of movie, a classic underdog tale with lots of humor and heart. With the right handling, it could be a hit on the specialty circuit.

The film begins by introducing an intriguing ensemble. In the Napa Valley, Jim (Bill Pullman) is locked in constant battle with his slacker son, Bo (Chris Pine), who works for him at the vineyard. Another worker, Gustavo (Freddy Rodriguez), the son of a Mexican field hand, hopes to launch his own label. Both of the men are infatuated with Sam (Rachael Taylor), a new arrival in town. Meanwhile, in Paris, Steven Spurrier (Alan Rickman) hopes to revive his failing wine business by sponsoring a competition, and a friend encourages him to visit California to add a new gimmick to the contest.

The film is leisurely in establishing all these characters — a mite too leisurely. The first half would benefit from tighter editing. Another problem is that the characters — the tyrannical father and the rebellious son, the snooty European wine connoisseur — are a bit stock, and the personal stories are not as well developed as they might be. But the film keeps building in intensity, and the payoff sizzles.

As he showed in "Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing & Charm School," director Randall Miller has real affection for actors, and he brings out the best in performers who haven’t always had an opportunity to shine. (Miller wrote and produced both films with his wife, Jody Savin.) Pullman has his best role in years, and he captures the fury as well as the passion of a man in thrall to a dream on the verge of collapse. Pine has enormous charm, and Rodriguez confirms the promise he showed on HBO’s "Six Feet Under." Rickman also has one of his juiciest roles in recent years, and he’s able to satirize British haughtiness without falling into caricature. Watch his reactions as he samples California cuisine — first a vat of Kentucky Fried Chicken and then a glob of guacamole — and you’ll savor the mastery of a truly subtle actor. Two beautiful young actresses — Taylor and Eliza Dushku as a ballsy bartender — give equally winning performances.

Once the film gets past the exposition, it brings off a number of delectable scenes. A high point comes when Rickman and Pine inveigle a bunch of airline passengers to transport California wine in their carry-on bags. And the climactic competition, where the scrappy American interloper has to stand up against generations of French tradition, is as rousing as any finale you’ll see this year. Cinematographer Michael J. Ozier magnificently captures the Napa countryside. This intelligent, affectionate, beautifully acted movie gives crowd-pleasers a good name.

Cast:

Steven Spurrier: Alan Rickman

Jim Barrett: Bill Pullman

Bo Barrett: Chris Pine

Sam: Rachael Taylor

Gustavo: Freddy Rodriguez

Maurice: Dennis Farina

Joe: Eliza Dushku

Mr. Garcia: Miguel Sandoval

Director: Randall Miller: Screenwriters: Jody Savin, Randall Miller, Ross Schwartz; Story: Ross Schwartz, Lannette Pabon, Jody Savin, Randall Miller; Producers: Jody Savin, Randall Miller, Marc Lhormer, Brenda Lhormer, J. Todd Harris, Marc Toberoff; Executive producers: Robert Baizer, Erik Clyge, Art Klein, Dan Schryer; Director of photography: Michael J. Ozier; Production designer: Craig Stearns; Music: Mark Adler; Co-producer: Elaine Dysinger; Costume designer: Jillian Kreiner; Editors: Randall Miller, Dan O’Brien.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Go Eliza!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Bringing this over here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanajgl (View Post)
Eliza Dushku at Xbox Halo 3 party video

2,7 MB = 27 Sec

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting