Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Universal Eliza News Thread #4 - 2007 will be her year!

Old thread

Quote:
From Buffalo Tom to Broadway composer
August 22, 2006

Remarkably, Dave McLaughlin's nearly finished ``On Broadway." ``We wanted to be done by September because that's the deadline for submissions to Sundance," McLaughlin said, referring to the film festival that's held in January. The movie, about an Irish-American playwright staging a show in the back of a pub, began shooting in Boston last May with a cast that included Joe McIntyre, Eliza Dushku, and Mike O'Malley. McLaughlin, who wrote and directed the movie, is working with Buffalo Tom's Bill Janovitz on the score. ``I gave three composers the same scene and asked them to write something," said McLaughlin. ``What Bill did had the level of emotional variation I was looking for." Janovitz, who performs the next two Wednesdays at Lizard Lounge, has never scored a film, but he's a big fan of movie music, particularly Ry Cooder's compositions for ``Paris, Texas."
Source

Last edited by *Lethe's Bramble*; 01-14-2007 at 05:45 PM
Old 01-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the news Nath!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

you're welcome!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

For the Dutchies.

True Lies will be on SBS6 tonight at 20.30
Old 01-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for that Ingrid! Really useful...
Old 01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

Found this:

Quote:
New York Minute

Eliza Dushku and L.A. Dodger boyfriend Brad Penny catered a steak-and-seafood lunch as a thank-you to the cast and crew of her new film "The Alphabet Killer" at the Crown Plaza hotel in Rochester over the weekend. ... Laura Albert and Savannah Knoop - who together impersonated fake writer JT LeRoy (and still don't think they did anything wrong) - came together to Voom Network's premiere of Robert Wilson's video portrait series on Tuesday in Chelsea. Isabella Rossellini and Bianca Jagger were also there. ... Kevin Connolly chatted with us after the Globes, which he attended with co-workers Mark Wahlberg, Adrian Grenier and Jeremy Piven. "We start shooting ‘Entourage' in a month," he told us. "I can't wait to go back to work because I just bought a house in L.A., so you know I have to start saving to pay for the curtains."
Source
Old 01-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice of Eliza to pick up the tab for the lunch with the crew. BTW she could do much better than Brad Penny, who has shown glimpses of glory at times in his career, but never at an elite level.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

I just finished watching the trailer for Eliza's new movie "The Alphabet Killer"

Man, it's that kinda movie I don't wanna see but I just have to because Eliza is in it.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`ve just got through watching it and it`s definitely one of those movies not for the faint of heart. I would definitely go see it. Here`s the official site for the movie for those that want to see the trailer.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Now I want to see it. *Eliza and guns*
Old 01-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Extreme Fan

The trailer reminded me of the movie 'Seven' which is a good thing, of course.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Supreme Fan

I think Eliza's role in "The Alphabet Killer" is an excellent one. I'm not a huge fan of horror/thriller-type movies at all, but I'm fascinated with psychology and mental disorders and all of that and from what I've seen of the trailer I think Eliza will just shine brilliantly in this role. It's gonna be interesting to see her play a schizo! But also I'm very, very excited for her!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

It seems to be the kind of movie I love to watch!!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Same here! Can't wait to see it!

They wrote her name wrong btw, at the end of that trailer.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

BREAKING NEWS: Joss Whedon Drops Wonder Woman!

Quote:
Though we probably should have seen this coming from a mile away -- what with the major delays in casting and the fact that Warner Bros. just bought another Wonder Woman script -- but Joss Whedon has officially stepped off the Wonder Woman project. In a statement released to Whedonesque.com, Whedon says, "I don't think any of us expected it to this time, but it did. Everybody knows how long I was taking, what a struggle that script was, and though I felt good about what I was coming up with, it was never gonna be a simple slam-dunk."

Gee, ya think? I think it's pretty safe to say that no one really wanted a Wonder Woman flick in the first place -- I mean, how could we ever take her and that lasso seriously? Probably the best part of Whedon's entire statement is when he finally puts all those Wonder Woman casting rumors to rest by saying, "But most importantly, I never have to answer THAT question again!!!! And you don't have to link to every rumor site! Finally and forever: I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistent front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air-balling on the script." Ha! So, in the end, the joke was on this.

There were no front-runners, there were no secret casting sessions ... there was nothing. There was just some dude trying to finish a script ... and trying to finish a script ... and trying to finish a script ... and, well, it's about damn time. So, now that Joss is off, is Warners going with this different WW script set during WWII? Will there even be a Wonder Woman movie? And, if there is, who would you pick as an adequate replacement?

Personally, I vote for the garbage can.
Source

Well I'm not surprised. It took him like forever to finish it and make up his mind about it.