Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by a n d i
Yes. Revolution 9 is the scariest thing. Ever. And the most annoying. It's the only thing off of all the Beatles' albums I actually don't like.
I actually had nightmares before where there's my crush running after me with a switchblade and all he said was "Number 9, Number 9..."

This one's not really disturbing, but I'm just still wondering: So let it out and let it in, hey, Jude, begin // You're waiting for someone to perform with ?? I still don't get it.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 07-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Bing
This one's not really disturbing, but I'm just still wondering: So let it out and let it in, hey, Jude, begin // You're waiting for someone to perform with ?? I still don't get it.
Hm. Well, consider that the song was about John's son Julian. I think the theme is that of a boy going into adolescence. And Julian was a musician. I think he still is actually...So it might be that John is hoping that his son will find someone like Paul, a partner in music "to perform with". Or a girlfriend.

Also, I just realized yesterday that "No Reply" is essentially about a stalker. Thoughts?
Old 07-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

...or somebody really, really pathetic and inlove. Which is kind of double stating it, right?

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 07-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Bing
...or somebody really, really pathetic and inlove. Which is kind of double stating it, right?
Absotively. There is a fine line between pathetically in love and stalking, and that line has become blurred. I guess what's sweetly pathetic in the 1960s is stalking today.
That song should end with a restraining order. In fact, I think I'll rewrite it that way.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Right on. Might have been sweet then, but hey, "What's your sign?" doesn't work anymore either.

I had the creepy dream again last night, though, with the sound clips from Rev9. *shudder* Dang.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 07-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kleenexwoman86
Also, I just realized yesterday that "No Reply" is essentially about a stalker. Thoughts?
Yeah, I've always thought that too. It's definitely a stalker song.

I'm sure Run For Your Life has already been mentioned, but hey, how creepy is that one?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm sure Run For Your Life has already been mentioned, but hey, how creepy is that one?
Yeah. I think that's from John's "beat on Cynthia" phase, the one that goes along with "You Can't Do That." Which ended, some think, at "Getting Better."
Old 07-26-2004, 12:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

I actually found "You Can't Do That" really funny. I mean, John being whiney and all, it's kinda sweet... in an annoying kind of way.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 07-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Rupert Grint

I have one question!!!

On George Harrison's song Beware of Darkness there's a part that says Beware of Maya.

What does that mean??

I hope you guys can tell me!!

Old 07-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Corrsfanre
On George Harrison's song Beware of Darkness there's a part that says Beware of Maya.
Erm. I think Maya might be the name of an Indian goddess...yeah, I just looked it up. Maya is a Hindu goddess...

Quote:
The literal meaning of the word "Maya" is illusion. Any thing which is added to the reality is illusion or Maya, and this veiling power of illusion is able to create the difference between 'me' and 'mine', or 'thee' and 'thine'. Maya creates the ignorance of the individual self. More on the concept of Maya.

So Maya Shakti is the divine power which brings out the evolution of this present world. It makes this possible by an interplay of the three gunas : sattva, rajas and tamas. Cosmic Consciousness becomes individual consciousness by its own maya.

In Hindu mythological literature, Maya has been described in many contexts. Apart from Maya Shakti, Maya also stands for a demon that was the architect of the demons and the creator of the magical arts.
Which can be found here
Old 07-31-2004, 03:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hmm.. Okay, nobody kill me for saying this, please, but that's another thing I kind of didn't like about the later records, the Hindi influences. I don't have anything against India (my god, I've been drooling over some of them), but... ehhh. And I'm sorry if the sitar kills me, too, sometimes.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 07-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Rupert Grint

Quote:
Erm. I think Maya might be the name of an Indian goddess...yeah, I just looked it up. Maya is a Hindu goddess...

Which can be found here
andi thank you so much, I've been dying to know what that means, thank you so much for taking the time to look it up

Old 07-31-2004, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

I love the Indian influenced stuff. I think it's some of George's best work and the Sitar just makes me feel so...tingly!

Hehe, it's no problem! It was quite informative for me, too
Old 08-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well, it doesn't really matter that we're total opposites on that issue. I guess I sometimes just prefer the younger, less brainy, AHDN-ish tunes to kind of wind me down after a hell of a day or something like that.

And oh, this isn't really on topic, but I just found a Beatles quote in my Encarta encyclopedia. It quoted the first line of "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" under Imagination.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 08-02-2004, 05:26 PM
New Fan

is this post about britney spears??