Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
The 'i love him for it' is from Giles's Watcher diary for sure. Can't remember if the spuffy wedding stuff also is.
I feel like it prob. is if they were posted together.

Will there ever be any speech that ever competes with Spike's to Buffy here?

This is what real true love is!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-27-2020, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lo ve it
Old 01-29-2020, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

The most romantic speech on the show for sure

Thanks for the video
Old 01-30-2020, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
The most romantic speech on the show for sure

Thanks for the video
What's makes the speech though is that b/c of the way Spuffy were written when Spike tells Buffy he has seen the best & worst of her it's not just a speech. It's the truth.

Spike also is the only one that has seen Buffy truly at her worst too.

Then of course Spike pointing out that he isn't asking for anything from her. Meaning that he just loves her whether she loves him back or not.

That's just a another level of loving someone. No other man loved Buffy like that but Spike.

It's really amazing that Spuffy even bothered to be around each other after Season 6.

It just shows how strong their connection already was that they were able to forgive & build something beautiful together.

Then this song played when Spuffy were just holding each other.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-31-2020, 06:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
It does me too.

I was googling Spuffy & came to comments from a Bangel on a forum saying that Buffy even wanting Spike was OOC.

I don't know what show they watched.
lolwhat?

I mean I get they are Bangel shippers and that's fine, they can have their prefrence, but there was a ton of build up for Buffy/Spike that even 11 year old me could tell before S5. I am not denying that Angel was an important love interest to Buffy even though I prefer Spuffy.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
lolwhat?

I mean I get they are Bangel shippers and that's fine, they can have their prefrence, but there was a ton of build up for Buffy/Spike that even 11 year old me could tell before S5. I am not denying that Angel was an important love interest to Buffy even though I prefer Spuffy.
Yeah you have to just not want to see that Spuffy was there from the first episode Spike was in on in some way at least in the background.

Something was building from the start between them.

There was def. an attraction on both sides.

I get Angel was Buffy's first love but some Bangel fans can't even accept that Buffy was in love with Spike.

It's normal to love more than one person in your life.

Bangel wasn't unconditional love & they never understood each other.

Spuffy was. We saw this especially Season 7.

Buffy became someone I can't even see Angel liking.

She changed a lot after he left & when she came back from the dead.

I can't see a relationship with Bangel ever working not like it ever really did.

Spuffy had more of a deeper love/connection with each other by Season 7 than they ever did as well.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey all
Old 02-03-2020, 05:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree totally, I feel Spuffy has a more developed story while Bangel starts off like many others with him as a pre-designated love interest. I love how Spuffy was unplanned, and yet the actors played attraction between them, and the plot grew so much with them.

And you can defintely love more than one person in your life! I find first loves overrated, most of us don't end up with the first person we love anyway and are happy with someone else. I don't have any issue that Buffy loved Angel and that he was an important part of her story in the early seasons, I still enjoy their story up to S3 even though I prefer Spuffy. Maybe it's because Spuffy was after Bangel, so they are convinced Buffy finding another real love cheapens her and Angel's love?

But I can't be bothered debating it with them, I generally leave shippers of pairings I am not into alone even if I really don't get some of what they say.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I agree totally, I feel Spuffy has a more developed story while Bangel starts off like many others with him as a pre-designated love interest. I love how Spuffy was unplanned, and yet the actors played attraction between them, and the plot grew so much with them.

And you can defintely love more than one person in your life! I find first loves overrated, most of us don't end up with the first person we love anyway and are happy with someone else. I don't have any issue that Buffy loved Angel and that he was an important part of her story in the early seasons, I still enjoy their story up to S3 even though I prefer Spuffy. Maybe it's because Spuffy was after Bangel, so they are convinced Buffy finding another real love cheapens her and Angel's love?

But I can't be bothered debating it with them, I generally leave shippers of pairings I am not into alone even if I really don't get some of what they say.
Great post.

Spuffy still had a more real mature relationship Season 7 than Bangel ever did too.

They acted like a married couple & the only thing needed was for both to just admit they wanted to be together.

The love/trust was there though.

Have you see this?

I don't know why we are only recently finding this b/c years ago the only Orig. Smashed ending had no music.

I asked the person if they added music to this but they said they didn't.

Enjoy!

Old 02-05-2020, 05:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Now I am legit confused as I swear I remember some sort of music when I saw Smashed at 12ish years old but maybe there really wasn't?
Old 02-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Now I am legit confused as I swear I remember some sort of music when I saw Smashed at 12ish years old but maybe there really wasn't?
Haven't you seen the Spuffy dailies on YT?

The orig. ending was mute with SMG riding JM.

The scene that aired had music.

There are lots of dailies from Season 6 Spuffy episodes mostly on YT.

I have some on my channel but you can find more searching Buffy dailies.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JaimeBe..._as=subscriber

You can find more if you search Buffy dailies on YT.

Dailymotion has them too. I have a lot that are blocked by YT

Old 02-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the ending of her riding him. Wish it hadn’t been cut
Old 02-07-2020, 06:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
I love the ending of her riding him. Wish it hadn’t been cut
Agreed! I have definitely seen that one before
Old 02-09-2020, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

There is something so primal about the way Spuffy feel each other through the door.

It's like they are sensing their mate.

I think even shooting script described it like that.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Idk why but that’s hot